Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 256272 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #510 on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:35 PM »
RoS day today! Aw yeah.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 04, 2014, 05:44:54 AM »
Diablo 3 is le fun, and the update is really fun
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #512 on: April 07, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »
^ What that guy said. :) It's kind of amazing how much Blizzard has improved the game with the 2.0 patch. I'm still kind of blown away by how different he game feels. I haven't felt the need to start up Diablo II since the patch dropped, so that's saying something. I just wish that Blizzard would fix the goddamn Mac version so that I can play between coding sessions rather than having to pack up and move to a different computer. D3:Mac worked flawlessly up until 2.0 came out, then it became a mixture of a crashfest and a frightening visual glitchfest...for some reason.

I think my only gameplay-related complaint is that the post-Uzreal act 5 difficulty spike feels a bit harsh (seems to happen more when you're 60+). Not a big deal now that I'm used to it, but it was a bit of a shock the first time through.

But yeah...leveled my third 70 this weekend (currently have a 70 barb, wizard, and demon hunter). I've been going back and forth between the story mode ('chieves, yo) and adventure mode. I should have my witch doctor and monk up to 70 fairly soon.

I wish you could somehow get more character slots. Despite getting the collector's edition, which gives you an additional 3 slots over base RoS, I'm almost out. :|

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
I've been playing fairly consistently, doing rifts, and getting nothing but fucking rings and weapons.  My armor wants to be upgraded but the RNG says NO! I can't really play the game in super long sessions (maby like 2 hours) due to wrist fatigue, but I think it's for the best since you can hit up like 5-10 rifts and call it a day.

I kinda don't care about other characters till my witch doctor has some better gear, and the RNG doesn't seem to want that to happen for the time being.

Also with the new patch today, lag spikes, may play something else till they cool off.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 12, 2014, 07:45:30 PM »
24th birthday today whoooooooooo

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 22, 2014, 11:29:22 PM »
Happy belated birthday brah!

This will sound kinda funny, but like its looking very likely that I am a.......mtf

Life is about to get interesting.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #516 on: April 27, 2014, 04:36:10 AM »
24th birthday today whoooooooooo

Happy belated birthday, whippersnapper. :)

This will sound kinda funny, but like its looking very likely that I am a.......mtf

Life is about to get interesting.

Understatement of the decade! Hope everything works out well (read: as drama-free as possible) for you.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 29, 2014, 12:27:57 AM »
Well I am still unsure on the whole thing, I need to contact a shrink so we can see where I fall/what to do about it.

I told a few friends and my mother, those I have told have been supportive. It's just a bizarre thing, I was depressed most of last week due to this, and the last time I got depressed like that was like high school 8 years ago for stupid teen drama shit. So, I mean I know I feel strongly about it, but, it comes down to do I really honestly want to live life as the other gender?

We'll see, because I don't know as of now. The only thing I am certain of is the fact that I have never been so confused over my identity before.  I really really want something, and I have always wanted it, but would the process of getting what I want make me happier or just complicate things for the worse?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #518 on: May 06, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »
It's good that you at least have some pillars of support to fall back on, particularly family. There's always going to be complications with any major life-changing event, but if you can count on them to have your back when you need it, it shouldn't be so bad.

Go ahead and make an appointment with a shrink. If nothing else, talking to a neutral third-party (especially one who is trained at reading those types of signs) should help give you a bit more clarity.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 13, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
Well...

I did see a shrink today, and I have another appointment on Monday.

Still confused? Yes, however I do feel better. I have been super stressed on being too old and not being able to pass, and she pretty much relieved me from that stress. I am more sure of myself now, but I still need more time. I know now that I am not a cis male, and I am not a fetishist, so while it doesn't narrow things down that much, it does take those two things out of the equation. Plus just the act of thinking "I could be a woman in the future" really seriously makes me feel happy...I know I am something else. But, I don't want to jump to conclusions, this will take some time.

I think after the next session she will convince me to go to this focus group thingy that has trans people from various stages of transition that could help me with some perspective.

Steps have been taken, this went from a feeling I had to a real problem I have that I am taking action to fix.

/blogpost

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #520 on: May 19, 2014, 03:22:47 AM »
Awesome! I'm glad you're making progress. Hopefully things will become even more clear in your future visits.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 27, 2014, 05:48:33 PM »
I suppose I can continue my blog post with a short update. I have a doc appointment scheduled for hormone replacement therapy purposes, coming up in 3 weeks. This does not guarantee that I will receive hormones as the doc can still block access even with a letter of recommendation from my shrink. Plus they can't give me the stuff on the first appointment, that's for the second appointment I think.

I reach this point because there can be a few outcomes. Get on hrt, succeed, live life as woman and be happy. Get on hrt, fail, detransition, live life as a man knowing that what I thought I wanted wasn't worth it in practice. Or the worst case scenario, never try to transition, get old, kill self out of depression because its too late to even try. I figure it's better to try and fail than never to try at all. I know for certain that if I repress this, it will only come back later in life and hit me harder than it did last month. With how my life is now, it's almost ideal for a transition. I don't have a wife or kid that would be fucked over, my friends and family are cool with it, my boss is cool with it...if I had a time to attempt it, it's now.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:51:26 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #522 on: May 29, 2014, 05:19:32 PM »
Best of luck to you. I hope everything works out. :)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #523 on: June 22, 2014, 01:02:53 AM »
Fucking Steam sales.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 25, 2014, 02:52:50 PM »
I really didn't get much so far. State of Decay and Kingdoms of Amalur.

*edit*
and space engineers
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:20:48 PM by vladgd »