Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 256391 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #570 on: December 23, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
Apparently a lot of people do low/medium intensity cardio while watching tv/playing vidya/dicking around on the computer, it's a good way to forget about the cardio and make it go by faster.
Yeah, I've been considering getting something for my room. One of my former coworkers had a little exercise bike looking thing that she'd stuff under a desk and pedal while she worked. Not a bad idea, really. I don't really have room for a full-sized bike or anything like that, so I figure something portable (since my Mac and gaming PC are in separate rooms and I use them both a lot) that I can just stuff in my closet when I'm not using it would be best. Normally I like to get out and walk, but that's not particularly viable in the winter time (though this year hasn't been totally awful so far).

Being binary would be so much easier! This stuff isn't yet over, but I suppose I have a few years in me before it's too late for them pills.

[...]

I really need to look into how far I could go in the female direction, whilst attempting to attain a fit male physique.
Yeah, you're definitely in a bit of an awkward situation there. Have you thought about going back to your therapist and explaining all of that? With what you know and have experienced now maybe they'll be able to help you determine where you want to go from here.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 24, 2014, 02:07:03 AM »
Yeah, I've been considering getting something for my room. One of my former coworkers had a little exercise bike looking thing that she'd stuff under a desk and pedal while she worked. Not a bad idea, really. I don't really have room for a full-sized bike or anything like that, so I figure something portable (since my Mac and gaming PC are in separate rooms and I use them both a lot) that I can just stuff in my closet when I'm not using it would be best. Normally I like to get out and walk, but that's not particularly viable in the winter time (though this year hasn't been totally awful so far).
In my opinion, the best cardio is any cardio you're willing to do on a regular basis. I am currently looking for a ps1/n64 game I want to invest time into trying to complete only when doing cardio. We can both agree that burning calories while playing videogames is awesome!....but what game to play....ehrgeiz adventure mode? shadow madness? jade cocoon? DONKEY KONG 64?!

Yeah, you're definitely in a bit of an awkward situation there. Have you thought about going back to your therapist and explaining all of that? With what you know and have experienced now maybe they'll be able to help you determine where you want to go from here.

Insurance ran out with the therapist so my next appointment in jan 5th. But when I go to these sessions, I always have an agenda so I can attempt to solve a problem. Right now I am at the point where I think I just need more time to reflect on this stuff, and time away from the obviously biased trans circle I've been in. I am old for this stuff, but young enough to where I do have a few years yet before I am in too late territory. I think more time with heavy emphasis on fitness is what I need.

TLDR I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER AND IT MIGHT BE BUT IT ISNT!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #572 on: December 25, 2014, 12:28:10 AM »
In my opinion, the best cardio is any cardio you're willing to do on a regular basis. I am currently looking for a ps1/n64 game I want to invest time into trying to complete only when doing cardio. We can both agree that burning calories while playing videogames is awesome!....but what game to play....ehrgeiz adventure mode? shadow madness? jade cocoon? DONKEY KONG 64?!

Too many to choose from! Might want to pick a pretty long one to keep yourself going, though. An RPG, mayhaps? Actually, speaking of which, I've been meaning to plug in the ol' PS3 and get back to FF7 at some point. I should do some cardio while I grind through that.

I also need to do some muscle toning. I've lost a considerable amount of weight over the past year (I weighed around 280 lbs in May 2014 and I'm now sitting at around 225), and now that my arms aren't pudgy they actually look a bit lanky. I've been thinking about getting a set of those little rubber weights to help fix that.

Insurance ran out with the therapist so my next appointment in jan 5th. But when I go to these sessions, I always have an agenda so I can attempt to solve a problem. Right now I am at the point where I think I just need more time to reflect on this stuff, and time away from the obviously biased trans circle I've been in. I am old for this stuff, but young enough to where I do have a few years yet before I am in too late territory. I think more time with heavy emphasis on fitness is what I need.

Yeah, stepping back for a short time is probably for the best at this point, especially if you're confused. Hell, not thinking about it might give you some sort of clarity in the long run.

And it's never a bad time to work dat body. Just make sure you don't hurt nobody.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #573 on: January 01, 2015, 05:07:27 PM »
jade cocoon?

Fucking awesome game. Also, I hope you get all that stuff figured out sometime. Not knowing has got to be fucking awful.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 07, 2015, 03:39:23 AM »
Yeah for now im just gonna work on male physique, and dress girly when I can. Should be a safe middle ground. If I need to go further, i'll do it when the time comes. I just want to stay away from trans circles for now, and get advice from non biased cis people.

On another note, what I did yesterday was very dumb. I am not condoning it, but I did it anyway, and I just want to describe it to the best of my ability since it was rather unique to me. I decided that I wanted to go on a trip to space, so I grabbed a bottle of dextromethorphan (rocket fuel to go to space) and blasted off. I was in webcam chat with this girl ive been chatting up for the past 5 or so months during a lot of the takeoff. So I guess I started at 7pm, and gradual doses till around midnight-1am till the rocket fuel ran out. So im just at my place alone talking to this girl online while going to space, and as time passed it just got weirder and weirder. At around like 3am the webcam was going at like 3 seconds per frame, if it was moving at all, and my hands would like morph into each-other and stuff. She took off for bed around 4am, and I decided to do the same.

So shit was already really goddamn weird, I didn't think I would get much effect off the stuff, and it really wasn't much for the first 9 HOURS! Then it just started going up in levels, like I could feel intensity changes, I think I was stating new plateaus as I felt them in the chat I was in. The girl I was with said she had to leave in a while, then like, 2 seconds to me later she said she had to go. But it wasn't 2 seconds that passed, like 30 minutes passed. Anyway she leaves, and I somehow manage to put my pc into sleep mode, and get my phone and tablet to go down two flights of stairs to get to my bed...mind you carrying 2 things and going anywhere at this state is a challenge.

PC turned off, all light for me is gone, and I just feel a blindness. Then...like...my tablet turned into sludge, I had no vision, and I just went for the ground since my senses were all shot. I recall as I am trying to just leave my room the darkness just obscured everything, and then weird geometric patterns filled the void. So those went away and I was left with green lights moving in directions, and I was following them, up, down, left, right, and through the 4th dimension, and 5th dimension. It got really weird and I got lost, so I verbally said something like "help me" and that got to my ears, and it woke me up and I could see again.

I don't know how I got from my room on the second floor, to my bed in the basement, with my tablet (turned to sludge type material), and my phone when I could barely walk. The stairs were huge and in motion and stuff.  After that, im in bed, and then the trip yanks me back in, and it's like im dying/dead, but seeing outside what reality is. It was a sensation of being somewhere else, being outside of the current dimension, being above everything, like being able to see everything or be anywhere. So the easiest way I can describe the trip is that I thought I was doing to be trapped in the madness forever, but I have traversed the 5th dimension to enter infinity. Ohh and my window was appearing and disappearing and the stuff around my sleeping area was all fucked up, but that's just trippy visual stuff that I am now used to. It's the part where you get yanked out of reality and put somewhere else that's the fucked part. Like one moment you are just existing, a bit slow, but there's some situational awareness still there. THEN IT JUST PULLS YOU IN YOU GOT NO CONTROL TIME NO LONGER EXISTS THE SPACE YOU ARE IN IS GONE YOU ARE SOMEWHERE ELSE AND YOU CANT LEAVE. It's when tv or movies try to describe an acid trip, and then it's like...a good approximation of what goes on, only the reality is more intense and severe.

I do not think I have been so scared in my life, and yet, it was an experience unlike any other. Im not into really any spirituality nonsense, but I can understand how people could connect with that in psychedelic trips. Feeling like everything and nothing, being outside of the bounds of reality and stuff, it feels impossible.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 07, 2015, 09:22:32 AM »
LOL

DXM is horrible and hilarious, did it once, never again. Salvia is also in that group.

Definitely takes your ass somewhere... plus the 'afterglow' in the following days is ridiculous. Glad you came out okay on the other side!
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:18 AM »
I think I'm turning into more a freak. Recently I set all of my computers and devices to use YYYY-MM-DD as the default date format, as well as using 24-hour time instead of 12-hour time. I mean, it just makes more sense like that.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2015, 05:58:57 PM »
I think I'm turning into more a freak. Recently I set all of my computers and devices to use YYYY-MM-DD as the default date format, as well as using 24-hour time instead of 12-hour time. I mean, it just makes more sense like that.

You too, eh? :)

I think I was one of four or five people in history who have used the phpBB control panel setting to define a custom date formatter, and it was for precisely that.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #578 on: January 29, 2015, 02:46:30 PM »
Ja! Hell, if I had it my way there wouldn't even be time zones, let alone daylight savings time. But, sadly, I don't have that kind of power.

The main reason that I held off from doing it for so long is because I was a little concerned at how third-party applications would handle it given the number of cowboy coders out there. Thankfully, no issues so far on any platform. Fingers firmly crossed!

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 02, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »
Lawl, stupid spam bots.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 16, 2015, 02:38:41 AM »
Months later, I kinda feel silly about this whole trans thing. I think it ran its course, just wish it didn't last like 8 months. Being in a trans circle like erryday was a really dumb idea, even though i thought i needed it at the time, did more harm than good.

On another topic, I've been trying beers, a lot of "nope, nope, nope, nope, nope" but I think I found my niche in stouts/porters. Started with a beverage called founders porter, now I just want more. Damn good stuff.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #581 on: March 30, 2015, 01:06:27 AM »
I love stouts and porters. My personal favorite style is Belgian Ales, particularly Trappist Ales. If you can find some of those, you should check them out.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #582 on: March 30, 2015, 02:53:52 PM »
I've become quite the fan of German Lagers myself. Spaten and Warsteiner are my go-to's usually. I think what really pulled me towards the German brews in my beer questing was the drinkability at room temperature. Unless I'm TRYING to get fucked up my beers often hit close to room temp by the time I hit the bottom, and everyone knows your typical beer taste like piss at that point. German beers seem to almost get better as they sit for a bit.

I do enjoy a good Stout from time to time though. Stouts seem to have a punch you in the face and put hair on your chest quality about them. I like them, I just can't drink a lot.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:09 AM »
Funny you mention room temp. I don't know what it is, but these beers im getting taste like ass when they're cold, but they have damn good taste when warm.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #584 on: April 07, 2015, 09:10:30 AM »
I'm inclined to say that's a sign of good beer. My g-pa told me when he lived in Germany they would get 3-4 beers at a time and let them sit and warm before drinking them.