Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 255971 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #675 on: November 19, 2015, 04:45:09 PM »
591ml, 710 ml, 330ml. Now there's some weird 400 and something size of coke bottle (but fuck that, 591 was already small to me). And now all the 591ml bottles are replaced by 500ml :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #676 on: November 19, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »
Wow, that's pretty dickish. :/ I'll bet the price isn't even going to drop by a nickle (speaking of which, when is the US going to start getting rid of pennies, too? I hate those bloody things) by them taking away 91mL.

I don't see what the big deal is with just keeping things more or less as-is. A lot of those products come from the US, so I don't see the harm in just measuring them in even fluid ounces. It's like how the 500mL water bottles around here have 16.9 fl oz written on them. Why? It's not like we don't like what a liter is around here.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #677 on: November 20, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
"gimme a liter a cola"

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #678 on: November 21, 2015, 01:20:07 AM »
Just order a large, Bobbias...

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 19, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »
978G-3RNG-C88K

I know it's a bit late, but better late than never? unless nobody with a ps4 reads this post before they can make use of it.

That's a ps4 beta code for sf5, anyone is free to use it. It's up from the time of this post, to 9pm, est, on 12-19-2015. Beta comes back up at 7am on the 20th, and stays up till 1am the 21st, all on est.

I've been playing what I can, on pad....but better on pad than not at all right? Anyway, not going to go on a whole post about the game, I'll save that for later. Hopefully someone can make use of the code.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #680 on: December 20, 2015, 02:32:58 AM »
Heh, sometimes I wish I didn't totally fail at fighting games. :P

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 21, 2015, 12:28:10 AM »
Well, I've been playing on controller, when I didn't even like the fighting game genre until I got a stick, so, it's been rough for me.

Even with that, overall, positive feelings on the game. Just can't wait to play the final release, on a damn arcade stick.

*edit* Interesting looking back on my posts about my "trans" stuff.

I feel so stupid for even going through that stuff in 2014, and im so far removed from that entire year's experience that it's comical to me that I was so brainwashed in that community that I thought the things that I did.

I mean yknow you live and learn right? Still, I went pretty far with it, far enough to get a freaking prescription for hormones and shit. I mean I still like that stuff, as in, females are aesthetically pleasing to me, so, looking like one would make myself look good to me. But to like, live that way? If any of y'all ever meet me in person, im a male, I act like a male, and it's hardwired into my existence to be the way I am, no fucking way I could even fake living as a female. I must have wanted the look so bad that I was diluted into thinking I needed to go the full distance to justify just a simple aesthetic preference? Iunno, but, I still feel dumb as hell thinking back on it.

Never know what's around the corner.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:04:41 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #682 on: January 02, 2016, 06:05:03 AM »
A lot can change in a couple of years or, hell, even a few months. Regardless of the whys, at least you realized what you wanted before things went too far.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 04, 2016, 03:20:31 AM »
Man, I feel really corny even saying it, but the important thing is that you've figured all that out. I suspect that everyone has had some 'realization' that leads to strange behaviour -- ugh, adolescence -- but it's part of becoming more self aware.

(I wouldn't even call your behaviour embarrassing, though you may disagree on that point :P)

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 28, 2016, 01:29:25 AM »
I forgot I said that stuff, but right now im pretty comfortable with who I am. Ain't trans, but I would like to find a way to rock leggings in public without it being indecent. Haven't found the right top to cover muh man parts yet. Dat aesthetic yo!

And I think I may be a beer nut. I need to try new beer all the time, when I'm in the store, I am compelled to buy a beer I haven't tried before, and I prefer it to buying what I am familiar with. I no longer care what style it is, before it was just stouts/porters, now, I don't care. Craft or macro, ipa, stout, pilsner, saison, I DONT CARE I JUST WANNA DRINK IT. If I don't like a style, I'll drink as many different beers of that style I can get my hands on until I understand it. I didn't like ipa's, drank over 20 different kinds...now I love them, it took a year, but I warmed up to the style. It's almost to the point where I would call beer as one of my "hobbies", because I read about it and examine it more than just a random beverage I would consume and forget about.

Iunno, it's fun. There's SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDAMN VARIETY with beer, it's insane. It's sad to think people think of beer as just bud/miller/coors light and nothing more, because there's so much more to beer than flavorless carbonated soda water.  Drink an ipa, then an imperial stout, and a saison, an ice beer, then maybe a wytchwood hobgoblin and try and tell me they all taste similar, because they don't. Ohh and all of this is me not giving a shit about alcohol content, I do not drink beer to get drunk or even "buzzed" I simply enjoy the taste and variety of what the beverage has to offer. I do not drink for the affects of alcohol, only for the taste, anymore, now a days.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:33:54 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #685 on: May 03, 2016, 04:14:21 AM »
I too buy tons of different kind of beer, maybe not quite as much variety as you, but I do love just picking up something I've never heard of. I do have preferred styles that I will buy over others, but like you I've also warned up to styles I didn't like before (IPA being one of them). Too bad that what's available at lcbos sucks compared to what's available in some us stores though.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 08, 2016, 02:23:16 AM »
I had a friend over from toronto area some 5 weeks ago, and she made me thankful for what I have over here.

I buy beer at my local grocery store, which has a decent selection of singles for craft beer. You guys have to go to overpriced liquor stores. But I believe it depends on the state, utah is basically canada, and the south has religion to restrict alcohol a bit.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #687 on: May 09, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
Yep, it depends on the state. I know Pennsylvania is pretty restrictive when it comes to liquor sales (pretty sure you have to go to a dedicated liquor store). Ohio is considerably more lax, but it (and probably most, if not all, other states) only allow a limited number of liquor licenses per region.

Kraezymann

« Reply #688 on: May 10, 2016, 09:01:21 PM »
I am happy this place still exists

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #689 on: May 11, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »
I am happy this place still exists

Not like it costs a whole lot to keep it going. ;)

It's definitely not too active nowadays, but a few of the usual suspects still poke around here from time to time.