Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 254218 times)

Kraezymann

Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #705 on: June 05, 2016, 06:12:10 PM »
Decided against StepMania computer and have decided to move my office downstairs, which happens to be the room next to the TV in the basement. So by punching a tiny hole in the wall and buying short HDMI and USB cables, I can play SM from my regular computer on the TV outside the room. 50$ instead of 300$.

I am also going to be streaming a lot more soon, so I'd be tickled pink if ya'll wanted to follow me and hang out!

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 29, 2016, 01:36:14 AM »
Ok serious...craft beer ALL BEER...I cant stop...

I think ive tried over 200 different beers.

Obsessed to the point where im contemplating homebrew, god save me.

>tfw drink two craft beers and it has the abv of drinking a 6 pack of bud light

I'm not an alcoholic i swear.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #707 on: September 29, 2016, 10:08:01 AM »
Ok serious...craft beer ALL BEER...I cant stop...

I think ive tried over 200 different beers.

Obsessed to the point where im contemplating homebrew, god save me.

>tfw drink two craft beers and it has the abv of drinking a 6 pack of bud light

I'm not an alcoholic i swear.

It happens. When I lived in Pittsburgh PA I was obsessed with trying different beers. We had a place called house of a thousand beers and it was amazing. Like 60 beers on tap then a ridiculous bottle variety. I bought a home brew kit but never ended up going through with it. Just like when I first discovered weed when I was 20. Became obsessed with the different strains and learning about it, even got stuff to grow but never followed through with it. Weird how that works.

It's fun to try all kinds of different brews and really get a sense of what you like best in your beer. Also it's a good conversation piece if you're surrounded by hipsters.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:51 AM »
I try not to hipster with it, because while I love me some craft, macro has its place. Like if im having dinner, I'd take a macro lager over an imperial stout, and imperial stout is my favorite style. I love stouts, but I prefer to drink em on their own as is, there's better beers that go with food, like...probably any other style.

The only thing I don't really like is light beer, because the demographic for light beer is...people who don't like beer. Shit I will buy a milwaukees best ice and enjoy it, but I do not understand how someone can enjoy bud/miller lite. Even if it means budweiser/miller high life, not high quality beers, but at least they have flavor.

Drinking Lagunitas Hop Stoopid as I type this. Cheap 22oz bomber of piney hop resin goodness.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 03, 2016, 05:10:01 PM »
I try not to hipster with it, because while I love me some craft, macro has its place. Like if im having dinner, I'd take a macro lager over an imperial stout, and imperial stout is my favorite style. I love stouts, but I prefer to drink em on their own as is, there's better beers that go with food, like...probably any other style.

The only thing I don't really like is light beer, because the demographic for light beer is...people who don't like beer. Shit I will buy a milwaukees best ice and enjoy it, but I do not understand how someone can enjoy bud/miller lite. Even if it means budweiser/miller high life, not high quality beers, but at least they have flavor.

Drinking Lagunitas Hop Stoopid as I type this. Cheap 22oz bomber of piney hop resin goodness.

You nailed it. There is no enjoying bud/miller there is just a means to an end lol!

I was big into stouts around that time, and really I do still enjoy a good stout. Lions Head was one of my favorites. I feel like they are more for enjoyment, not for getting hammered if that's your goal. German lagers and pilsners like Spaten and Warsteiner have risen to the top of my list. They go down smooth, and taste even better when they hit room temperature. Those germans know what they're doing.

Ever see the movie Beerfest?  ;D

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 05, 2016, 08:34:13 PM »
Haven't seen beerfest, not a huge movie guy.

And I may be in the same boat with stouts, I do really enjoy them, but the more I have the more they seem like a beverage to have every now and then, not on a regular basis.

This stuff though may be my go to "well aint anything new at the store may as well get something good and available everywhere in the state of Michigan while being a world class IPA" beers. Seriously, every store has it, 711 has it, walmart has it, and it's one of the best IPA's ive had.

I typically drink like one or two beers after work to kick back, if I desire intoxication, there's better and cheaper options.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #711 on: November 08, 2016, 10:21:03 AM »
Oh gawd, where did time go.

soz guiz. Kinda disappeared for longer than I expected to. XD
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #712 on: November 09, 2016, 02:10:13 AM »
I was going to write something long about the election, but I decided against it. I'd be surprised if anyone here supports trump, but I'm going to be as neutral (and canadian) as I can, so I'll say this: I'm sorry.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #713 on: November 09, 2016, 09:05:01 AM »
Hey Bobbias, do you have a spare bedroom I can stay in? I promise that I don't do much other than code and play video games. Thanks!

Only half-joking.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 12, 2016, 11:13:32 PM »
I'm not really in the mood to get in a political rant, but I want to share my opinion.

After the election results, I can say with certainty, The United States of America is a fucking joke that doesn't be deserved to be taken seriously for the next 4 years.

Ohh, and I did not vote. BUT VLAD YOU HAVE TO VOTE BLABLABLA YOURE THE REASON TRUMP IS IN OFFICE, Hillary really wouldn't have been much better, give me someone worth voting for and I will vote.

AND the electoral college is a joke, AND the two party system we have is a joke

I don't think ive ever been angry about an election until now, but it literally feels like I live in cartoon land where asshole television sexist bigot millionaires can run the country.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #715 on: November 16, 2016, 09:33:24 AM »
AND the electoral college is a joke, AND the two party system we have is a joke

Thank you! I've been saying that for years and you'd be amazed at how many people try to make bloody excuses for both of those things.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 22, 2016, 03:25:22 AM »
Well on a more positive note, I think I have been overdue for a new phone.  I currently use a first gen moto g, and for what I use phones for, it's really good...except for 6 gigs total storage no sd card slot...besides that, does what I need it to do.

But the beautiful trend of no removable batteries so you can THROW IT AWAY AND JUST GET A NEW ONE, forces one to upgrade when they don't really even need to.

Figured I wanted a higher end phone, but I didn't want to drop the $600+ dollar price on those flagship models. So I ordered about 20 minutes ago as of this post, a new NEW phone, the oneplus 3t.

Like, 20 minutes ago was the second it became available to order new. Anyway, $440 is still a lot for me to be dropping, but, couldn't resist those specs for that price. Just need to switch providers from verizon to at&t, which based on friends who are on at&t, they are as good as verizon in this area.

Now lets hope it ships here in one piece, and the transfer to the other provider doesn't prove to be a pain in the ass. Kinda kissing my black friday goodbye with this purchase so I hope its worth it. Considering im on an old ass moto g and im happy, a ridiculous fast phone that can charge in 30 minutes shouldn't be disappointing. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:27:05 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #717 on: November 28, 2016, 07:30:23 PM »
Congrats! I've heard good things about the OnePlus. I've read a few very minor complaints about the OS, but stuff like that is generally so subjective that it's not worth mentioning (unless it's TouchWiz. Fuck TouchWiz).

For what it's worth, I've had AT&T for about five or six years now and I don't really have many complaints. Reception in some areas around me is a bit worse than Verizon, but the fact that they're cheaper and aren't unnecessarily restrictive about which phones they'll allow on their network makes them a winner in my book. And they're still miles ahead of T-Mobile and especially Sprint. I think the only time I ever lost service altogether was when I was in the back of a warehouse-like building, which was basically built like a giant Faraday cage.

In my experience, number porting is pretty painless (I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T), though when I switched I did it at an AT&T Store. When I brought my parents into my plan we made the switch at the Best Buy mobile department and it was equally painless. Not sure what the process is like if you do it yourself, but I can't imagine it being too horrible. You could probably do it all online nowadays.

If you use Google services on your Moto G, all of your data should migrate over right when you sign into your phone. Support for that goes back pretty far, too--I remember dealing with that when I upgraded my G1 to 2.2 way back when.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 01, 2016, 01:15:19 AM »
So, the phone cost $439. The shipping cost $0.00, and the taxes...$0.00. It went from southern china to my house in...3 days, I ordered it Tuesday, it arrived Friday, and set myself up with at&t the next day. Arrived BLAZING fast, I don't even know but im not going to complain.

Pretty easy to transfer stuff over and switch over to at&t, no big complications.

I didn't have problems with my last phone, but this thing is fast as fuck. I am not used to opening an ap, only to have it be open instantly, and with 6 gigs of ram in this sonbitch, I can switch between a lot of stuff damn near instant.  And I can actually play games on this fucker, maybe I can actually try civilization revolution 2 now, since they won't make another one of those on console unfortunately.

Week one impressions are a thumbs up from me. In all honesty I am a pretty light phone user, so it really doesn't take too much to impress me to be honest. Still, nice to be in the new phone club for once.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:16:50 AM by vladgd »

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 05, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »
Thank you! I've been saying that for years and you'd be amazed at how many people try to make bloody excuses for both of those things.

I have also been saying this for years. I will never forget to this day asking my civics teacher when I was 13 why we vote (we were learning about electoral college). Even kids are confused by it.