Author Topic: Monster flavors  (Read 4640 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Monster flavors
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:48:27 PM »
I like Original and MIXXD the most, found M-80 a bit weird and thought Khaos and Assault were both kinda meh.  Haven't tried Lo-Carb, Absolutely Zero, or any of the Java Monster stuff.  Import is also pretty good.

I found Rehab yesterday and tried it.  It's also pretty good, though it's not really anything like the other Monster drinks I've tried.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Monster flavors
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 12:54:07 AM »
I like Original and MIXXD the most, found M-80 a bit weird and thought Khaos and Assault were both kinda meh.  Haven't tried Lo-Carb, Absolutely Zero, or any of the Java Monster stuff.  Import is also pretty good.

I found Rehab yesterday and tried it.  It's also pretty good, though it's not really anything like the other Monster drinks I've tried.

The Java monsters basically taste like coffee, not much to say about them. I like them.

I tried the original Rehab (I'm pretty sure there's more than 1 Rehab flavor now) and hated it. It tasted medical :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 05:08:45 AM »
I love the original, with M-80 in a close second.  Khaos is a bit behind, and Assault is a bit behind that.  I do not like MIXXD.  I had two flavors of Java Monster, but I don't remember which ones. :x  They were good, but I'd rather just pick up a latte or mocha.  I haven't tried Import or Rehab.

One thing that's been bugging me is that I can't find M-80 (or, for that matter, Assault, MIXXD, and Khaos) locally.  The only thing that stores seem to stock are the original, the Lo-Carb, and Import.  I went to four different places and saw the same thing.  I hope they didn't discontinue those.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 06:53:21 AM »
Around here I can usually find M-80, Khaos, Assault, MIXXD, Java Monster Irish Blend, Loca Moca, and Mean Bean, Import, Rehab, and the X-Presso flavors. Lo-Carb and Absolutely Zero show up occasionally.

Apparently monster sells really well around here, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 11:53:31 AM »
MIXXD is the absolute hardest to find around here.  I can get it at the 7-Eleven near my house when they actually have it, and for quite a while, that was it, until I found it at the Safeway near where I work.  Most places have the other flavors in abundance.

When I was investigating MIXXD since I couldn't find it pretty much everywhere, I found that pretty much everybody on the Internet either loves it or hates it.  It's interesting.

Bobbias: The original one is the tea + lemonade one, right?  Funny, I like the flavors that everybody else doesn't  :-*
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:55:31 AM by Alice »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 03:41:37 AM »
I managed to find the other flavors here, but it took a bit of looking.  Nothing at Sheetz (a gas station and fast food place that's big in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and is growing eastward, nothing at Circle K, nothing at the drive-thru down the street.

However, it seems as though a couple of Sami Quick Stop (a convenience store chain that I believe is all local) locations near me have them!  I forgot how tasty M-80s were.

Khaos is better than I remembered it being, but the flavor is a bit too strong, methinks.  I got sick of it half-way through the can.

MIXXD is probably one of the easiest flavors to find near me, oddly enough.  The places that don't have the other flavors usually have that in addition to Import, Rehab, Absolute Zero, Lo-Carb, the Java ones, and the original.  It kind of figures, really, since that's the only flavor that I've had so far that really rubbed me the wrong way. :s
"This is a machine for making cows."