Author Topic: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.  (Read 628624 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.
« Reply #1995 on: July 18, 2012, 05:52:35 PM »
Nick Black (OmegaOmni) on fb

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 19, 2012, 03:40:38 AM »
i got no social media accounts, i hardly use instant messaging, i don't text...

good luck contacting me!

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 25, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »
Obligatory entirely-too-late post-summer check-in!

I had an internship with Amazon over the summer and it went well; I'm starting full-time next June. Also, while I was there, I met a dude I am insanely in love with (and vice versa, even). Life is looking up \o/

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 08, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »
OMG this place still exists?!? No idea why I ended up here again.

To contribute to thread...3 day weekends make a happy, and the walking dead makes me happy too.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1999 on: December 10, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »
I'm still alive.

Also, Osu! now has a Mania mode. Supports from 4k to 8k. This makes me very happy.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: December 19, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
i don't text...

now made false, i finally got a smart phone.

woop woop

as for the communication bullshit, if interested in playing stuff on ggpo (less than likely, i already tried that jargon here) hit me up on steam i guess.  im willing to play karnov, breakers, vsav, or st...i can do 360 for fightans(or me3mp) as well...

ae/ttt2/scv/hdr/sfxt(lol)/vsav when that comes out

vladgd = steam and 360gt

pretending i didn't say "yo nig i got a smartphone and it makes me hahpee" miu's art is still fantastic and i wanna have his babies, MY AVATAR RELATED

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 13, 2013, 04:07:07 AM »
HOLY FUCKING SHIT A NEW PHOENIX WRIGHT GAME!!! LAJKHFLDAJKHCDFS OIUAH DFO CKJAZSHBDBTOI UACHFZO IUDCHAOSRE IFCH VALJKHNFLJK;SAKDJHGFPWUH FGLKWJHESLKC FSHWFDOTFLUCJ HAOS FDBYG HOIEWC UK,XVSD;F RLTVGJ NZPCIDTYGNF9342N OWQ C8-19U4JG-93N 47W64GVY UT-RF8342WY509TPG JASD0UY5FTCF0 NUSWV BDGPSLXdwCJ DHDGLISIECJ FFNEG09URWY N4THPEINC BOIUI4WU5T0I1

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THE US RELEASE! :D :D

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #2002 on: March 09, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »
I ate some Qdoba breakfast today I always go in just when breakfast is about to end so I can get tortilla soup with my burrito so the eggs end up having been out a little while but it still tastes really great

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2003 on: August 28, 2014, 08:57:58 PM »
Just got the new MaSu album (and the t-shirt for said album) in the mail today! Ultra-fanboy pic commencing:

505119145696833537[/tweet]/photo/1]/photo/1[/url]

Edit: Almost forgot:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:04:07 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 18, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »
I have a pup! Here is a picture of him being adorable:

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2005 on: December 10, 2014, 08:43:54 PM »
This keyboard makes me happy: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g710plus-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

Easily Logitech's best keyboard in the history of ever. Solid design, wonderful Cherry MX Brown keyswitches, sound dampening o-rings (first mechanical keyboard I've used with them...amazing how much they muffle the clack), and dedicated media keys. I can't emphasize that last one enough. Why do so many keyboard manufacturers add a goddamn Fn key nowadays? I can understand it a bit more if I'm using a goddamn laptop (not completely, though; my 2005 Inspiron 9300 had dedicated media keys. I really miss that), but certainly not if I'm using a full-sized desktop keyboard. The real kicker is that in spite of that, the keyboard is actually smaller than another keyboard that has an Fn key (namely, the Das Keyboard). Makes a ton of sense, that.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: December 11, 2014, 02:53:47 PM »
For $140 bucks it better be the best damn keyboard, shit
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2007 on: December 11, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »
Mechanical keyboards are generally pretty pricey due to a number of factors. Typically the electrical design is a bit more complicated since modern ones will literally support all of the keys being pressed simultaneously if you plugged it in via PS/2 (if you tried to do that with a rubber dome keyboard it would shit itself), and there are way more moving parts. Rather than a flat grid with contacts on them, each and every key has its own individual mechanical switch. One plus is that you don't have to bottom out the keys in order to trigger the switch, reducing typing fatigue dramatically, and the other big advantage is that the keys themselves last a considerably long time. We're talking 20 million keystrokes for switches with a tactile bump (such as the Cherry MX Blues or Browns) and 50 million for linear switches (such as MX Blacks or Reds).

$140 is actually around the median price for a pre-packaged mechanical keyboard. In the case of he G710+ it's the MSRP. I was able to pick mine up for $110 (which, I should add, is around how much a typical rubber dome gaming keyboard costs). I'm also planning to buy two more fairly shortly, both from WASD Keyboards--a CODE keyboard with MX Clears for work and a custom keyboard with MX Clears for my iMac. The rubber dome keyboard that I use at work is pretty lousy, all in all. The bog standard Apple keyboard is a scissor switch keyboard (think laptop keyboard). I don't normally mind those, but the keyboard has an aluminum back which causes me to bottom out hard when I type. One of my biggest mistakes was trying to play Cave Story on that system. Very ouch.

Oh, I also have another HAPPY thing. Got a fairly nice performance bonus at work, so I'm going to be grabbing a couple of GeForce GTX 980s here soon. It'll be my first-ever SLI setup. I was originally just going to buy one (since I have a buyer for my GTX 680 already) but what the hey.

Edit: I just bought two of these. That...was 'spensive. Totally worth it, though.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:52:15 PM by Spectere »

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #2008 on: December 18, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »
Oh, I also have another HAPPY thing. Got a fairly nice performance bonus at work, so I'm going to be grabbing a couple of GeForce GTX 980s here soon. It'll be my first-ever SLI setup. I was originally just going to buy one (since I have a buyer for my GTX 680 already) but what the hey.

Edit: I just bought two of these. That...was 'spensive. Totally worth it, though.

Congrats dude that's awesome. I think you have more money than you know what to do with right now!

I wish I could turn back time last year and wait before I got my 4gb 770 Windfroce. The 970 turned out way better than I expected.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2009 on: December 19, 2014, 11:09:20 AM »
Congrats dude that's awesome. I think you have more money than you know what to do with right now!

Not after buying those cards. :p But hey, Christmas bonus well spent.

I wish I could turn back time last year and wait before I got my 4gb 770 Windfroce. The 970 turned out way better than I expected.

If I waited to upgrade I probably would have ended up in the same boat as you. I ended up getting a GTX 680 about two years ago, so the 980s are a pretty sizable upgrade for me.

Oh, I wasn't able to get SLI hooked up quite yet. Turns out my motherboard box inadvertently got thrown away, so I had to order an SLI bridge. It should be arriving today. Instead of going with SLI through the motherboard I just ended up setting one GTX 980 to render and the other to do PhysX. I was pleasantly surprised. I averaged 80-90fps at 1080p, holding over 60fps consistently, with everything cranked to the max except AA (which I kept at TXAA2) in Far Cry 4! I ended up pulling out all the stops, turning DSR on and cranking the resolution up to 4K. Solid 30fps at 4K, detail level maxed, AA disabled (not like I needed it with DSR, though)...with one 980 rendering and one doing physics. Holy fuck.

I'm slightly pleased.

Just to compare, I was impressed that my aging 680 was able to hold 60+ fps on very high.