Author Topic: Happy 10th Birthday, spectere.net!  (Read 12161 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Happy 10th Birthday, spectere.net!
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:03:27 AM »
This domain officially turns 10 today.

Holy shit.

It's kind of hard to believe how much different everything was back in good ol' 2004 (not to mention how terrible the pop charts were back then). I mean, I was still in college and hadn't yet gone through the worst period of my adult life. Gaddamn.

I mean, can you believe that I was 19 when I started this site? I was only a couple of months shy of 20. And today? Well, now I'm only a couple of months from...

I'm suddenly in the mood to drink heavily.

Anyway, thanks for sticking around, everyone! Here's to another quiet ten years. :D
"This is a machine for making cows."

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, spectere.net!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:19:36 AM »
Oh man a decade?!? This community was an extremely huge part of my development as a person before and during high school. Crazy it has been that long (not even including the a0.com years).

I had no idea you were that young when you started this site but you did a hell of a job, that is an insane time in anyone's life to manage something so outside themselves; Like you said, college and a bunch of other new responsibilities start taking over your life and before you know it...

happy birthday s-net :)
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »
lol also I just realized my forum title is still Vista Knowledge Base. HAH. eff that OS
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 09:18:40 PM »
Oh man a decade?!?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! I was on a0.com even longer than that. I started there just after high school...July 2003, maybe? I think I was member #29 over there or something like that.

Talk about a whirlwind experience. I was chatting with LunarKeys a while back (he lives near me now) and we were talking about that. I find it kind of odd and a little humbling that I was a complete outsider and, when I started, a total newb to rhythm gaming, yet I ended up becoming an evil overlord for a while. Really weird looking back at it!

I had no idea you were that young when you started this site but you did a hell of a job, that is an insane time in anyone's life to manage something so outside themselves; Like you said, college and a bunch of other new responsibilities start taking over your life and before you know it...

Thanks man, much appreciated. :D

I wish I had done a few things differently (I was kind of snippy on a0.com, and I kind of let this site go in recent years) but oh wells. Can't change the past, can we?

lol also I just realized my forum title is still Vista Knowledge Base. HAH. eff that OS

HAH, so it is! Don't worry, I went ahead and changed it for you.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 01:18:26 AM »
Congrats, happy birthday and all that shit.

I feel the exact same way as Sneaky. This website has been a huge influence on me. My memory is awful so I have no idea how long I spent on a0.com before finding this place.

Either way, thanks for keeping this place up for all these years. This place was for a long time the only website that I was an active member of, and I will never forget that.

/sentamentality
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x