Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 15024 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 02:28:10 PM »
I hope that with some of the functions can be split off with the use of script extenders (i.e. separating the workshop action from the change POV action, among others) and that others can be rebound (changing ENTER/TAB for OK/Cancel to Q/E, or something similar). I know doing the latter was popular with Skyrim, which suffered from many of the same issues, so I'm pretty hopeful. As much as I hate it, I still don't think I'm going to use a controller at this point. The shooty bang bang segments just work so much better with keyboard/mouse, to me anyway.

The part that annoys the hell out of me is that it seems like Bethesda has learned nothing from the savage criticisms of their user interfaces since Oblivion. Things have just been getting worse and worse over the years. I don't understand how they can be satisfied with being both the best (ridiculous modding support, fully usable console, etc) and worst (awful controls and UI, ignoring UX feedback, etc) PC game publishers. I can't even imagine the latter being all that hard to fix, either. Even companies as stubborn as Apple have hired from the community to improve their products (iOS's notification center and popups improved drastically as a result of this).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 04:48:03 PM »
Been playing recently out of the blue. Been having tons of fun making hoards of enemies fight each other so I created a kick ass monster arena. I'll probably keep adding to it but here's a quick video of it and some of the action.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 07:44:56 PM »
The dlc's any good? I noticed some of the first ones just added stuff for the custom towns (imo the worst feature in the game that i rarely engaged with), so I kind of stopped playing whenever I made my last post.

Anything meaningful added? I liked the game, but it's lack of content made me stop playing out of nothing to do after 45 hours.

Probably the most thin bethesda game I can think of outside of maybe the first elder scrolls game.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 11:34:18 AM »
The dlc's any good? I noticed some of the first ones just added stuff for the custom towns (imo the worst feature in the game that i rarely engaged with), so I kind of stopped playing whenever I made my last post.

Anything meaningful added? I liked the game, but it's lack of content made me stop playing out of nothing to do after 45 hours.

Probably the most thin bethesda game I can think of outside of maybe the first elder scrolls game.

The settlement builder is one of my favorite parts of the game, and in fact probably 70% of my actual play time. Any sort of creative tools like forge I always spent countless hours on though so that's just my personal preference. Thanks to modding with the Place Everywhere and Scrap Everything mods the settlement builder is 1000x better.

The Wasteland Workshop DLC is a f**king slap in the face as far as I'm concerned. That is yet another instance of something that should have been in the game to begin with.

From what I've heard the only worthy DLC is Far Harbor. It's apparently incredible actually you can take a look at the reviews on steam compared to all other DLC's available. I have a trade offer I'm waiting for to get it soon thankfully. Just picked up Nuka World DLC this weekend off a trade so I'll be checking that out some time this week.