Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567448 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1785 on: May 21, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »
Yeah, one of my big reasons for getting everyone to 70 is to figure out which of the classes that I want to gear up. I'm most likely going to stick with my wizard, because she's ultra fun.

I do love how the damage stat does get downplayed as you get more legendaries. I particularly love how they give you the ability to effectively double-glyph in some cases, not to mention some attributes buffing the damage on particular class-specific skills. Whew...upgrading gear is so much deeper than it used to be.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1786 on: May 29, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »
Watch_Dogs is pretty fun! Awful PC port, but still fun.

To elaborate, periodic framerate hitches, even on a decent system (i7-3770/GF680), very insensitive mouse controls (had to crank the sensitivity to make it feel right to me, and I know that some people would still find that to be too slow), touchy car controls (tap W and Aiden freaking floors it, so I just adapted by driving like a maniac everywhere I go). That said, it seems to be pretty stable, and it's still a way, WAY better port than GTA4.

I also beat Saints Row 4. Fun game, and tons of stuff to do! 97% completion after 16 hours...I need to get that last 3%.

And Steam's in-home streaming is pretty neat. About half of my play time on Saints Row was done on my iMac, in OS X. The only downsides are: 1) you can see very subtle compression artifacts, making it look like a high-quality Twitch stream; 2) since it plays the game in the foreground of the host computer, nobody else can use that computer; and 3) due to the method that it streams the gameplay, you can't render at a higher resolution than the display that's connected to the host (example: my gaming rig is hooked up to a 1080p TV, so I can't use a higher resolution display even though my Mac's display can do 2560x1440). No real biggie, and it's definitely nothing that I can see being fixed for obvious reasons.

I had one minor hiccup where Saints Row 4 minimized, revealing my Windows desktop, but I think that was because the Java auto-updater stole focus (because that's something that an application should do!).

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 14, 2014, 02:53:56 PM »

Look what blizzard decided to give me, a heroes alpha invite. I expected one actually, since I signed up for alpha/beta invites within the very MINUTE they announced on stream that you can opt in to the beta.

I don't like mobas, but it's a pretty cool game.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1788 on: June 14, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
I like MOBAs, but their biggest problem to me is that they have some of the worst communities that I've ever seen. I try not to put myself in any situations where I have to deal with toxic people. If I wanted to do that, I'd work in customer service again.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 15, 2014, 12:12:12 AM »
Look at it this way. Hots matches are ~20 minutes long, even if you are losing, the game won't last an eternity to finish. But I mean I agree, I never wish to interact with that crowd, outside of hots. Let's just say, if blizzard didn't make this game, it wouldn't be on my radar at all. I am mostly on board for the blizzard fanservice, however the game seems to be quite a lot different than the standard "moba".

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1790 on: June 15, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »
Sounds like the games are faster, then, so that's kind of nice.  There's nothing worse than playing for 10 minutes and losing for 40 minutes.  The "vote to surrender" system that games like LoL have feel more like a bandaid fix than anything else.

I do agree, the Blizzard fanservice does make me really want to take it for a spin...especially Brightwing.  I love the faerie dragons in WoW, and the giant twist that they put on him in particular makes me giggle.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 16, 2014, 02:15:12 AM »
I actually hate that hero because I think it is lazy on Blizzards part. I couldn't figure out why they would take a normal fuckin warcraft enemy and make it a hero over say...I don't know one of the MANY OTHER COOL CHARACTERS BLIZZARD HAS, Deckard Cain, or Alexei Stukov, or Duriel, or SOMETHING.

But I talked to a friend of mine who plays moba games and apparently that character is an analogue to a character called puck? or something like that, so color me unsurprised they would try and rip off some popular characters from dota.

I just think Blizzard has too many awesome characters to waste a hero slot on a random enemy.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1792 on: June 17, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »
I don't really see it as a waste. Like any other MOBA, HotS is likely going to have about fifteen bajillion playable heroes anyway. I think what they were going for with the initial batch of heroes was creating a fairly wide variety of skills, abilities, and play styles. I can't speak too much for the Starcraft characters since I haven't gotten too far in that yet, but judging from their picks from Diablo and Warcraft, that seems to be exactly what they're aiming for. They're not really at the position where they can have a number of samey characters just yet, and in general many of their heroes do overlap in many ways (putting, say, Uther Lightbringer beside Muradin in the alpha roster would be foolish, even though they're both pivotal characters in the Warcraft lore and games).

Brightwing, based on his abilities, looks like he would play as a druid-mage hybrid. Considering that's something that you're unlikely to see from any Warcraft hero, I think that makes him worthy of inclusion from a gameplay perspective. Brightwing is a very unique character, and unless things change pretty drastically in Warlords of Draenor, he's going to remain that way for a while. I think that matters a lot more in a MOBA than adding a bunch of paladins right off the bat. They can always figure out how they're going to differentiate a handful of differently named paladins down the road.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1793 on: September 02, 2014, 12:37:28 AM »
So, I'm alive and I have D3. Just got gifted it by a friend, so I've only got one lowbie char right now (in early act 2). Playing a Monk because holding a huge weapon but opting to punch and kick everything to death instead is pretty badass.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 03, 2014, 06:00:28 PM »
Speaking of Diablo 3...that game got a new patch, and got me to play again.

RNG GODS HAVE SMILED APON ME. I obliterate t6 now, and I almost have all the pieces I need to run jade set which will take me even higher. My profile is in a prior post, but it demonstrates how much sheet dps means ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING anymore.

The hardest difficulty in the game is torment 6. With the new greater rift system, there is 100 levels of the greater rift where greater rift 25 is ~torment 6. I just completed level 27, and the bottom of the top 1000 witchdoctors made it to 31. My character is doing quite well right now. If I get my jade set all together (just missing an elite damage weapon), it is possible I could somehow sneak into the top 1000 witchdoctors on the solo witchdoctor leaderboard. Although jade set is actually hard to play and not braindead like pet build which I currently run, still I would have the equipment anyway.

Ohh and I have a 70, paragon 5 crusader on season 1, took ~7 hours to hit 70.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1795 on: September 04, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: September 26, 2014, 03:59:26 AM »
I have been playing monk the past week myself...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vladgd-1696/hero/33447838

I didn't understand how a monk could do damage in t6...then I got my 4 piece sunwuko, and understood how the holy build works. GOD DAMN, it's fantastic. Breath of heaven for insane spirit regen, then just constantly spam matras to empty that spirit ball. With the sunwuko im doing stupid aoe holy damage all the time, i have near unlimited spirit regeneration, and i get a ton of life from spirit spent.

Two characters enter torment 6, next step crusader or demon hunter. I don't like demon hunter, but I got a god damned cindercoat on my monk doing greater rift level ONE(equivilant to normal difficulty...), useless on the monk, apparently an extremely desirable item for demon hunter. May as well give the item a home and get my only non 70 to 70.

This game is so good now, I am playing a lot longer than I originally expected.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: September 26, 2014, 12:04:31 PM »
I am enjoying D3 more recently as well, especially after the 2.1 update and ironing out all the crap. I don't have too high a toon yet, but I play a 70 wizard (something like 16-20 paragon) and have a couple other 60+ barb/monk alts. Just finished the newest act that came with the expansion and am now exploring in adventure mode doing bounties, gaining xp and trying to build out my wizard to get geared for higher difficulties.

I am also enjoying Gauntlet that was released this week. Can't wait to get down on some with my buddies.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1798 on: September 26, 2014, 07:29:20 PM »
I've been playing some NeonXSZ lately. It's pretty fun! It's sort of a 6DOF shooter with some RPG elements (sort of like if Descent and Diablo had a love child, then dressed it up to fit in to the Tron universe).

I am also enjoying Gauntlet that was released this week. Can't wait to get down on some with my buddies.

I was eyeing that up, actually... :p

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 23, 2014, 12:14:26 AM »
I kinda ignored pandas, played cata but not even to the level cap, so it's been a while.

I guess i'll give it another go, currently level 96 on the prot warrior, enjoying my time. I will hit 100. Funny, getting through pandas having ignored it prior, only took like 5-6 hours through 2 zones to get from 85-90.

I am glad that prot warrior soloing is still good, and oddly I think prot is the best pvp spec for warrior...weird expansion. Don't need arms, don't want fury, SWORD AND BOARD FOR SOLOING, DUNGEONS, PVP!