Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582611 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1815 on: January 19, 2015, 10:32:58 AM »
Just started my first ever WoW account yesterday. Always avoided it like the plague because I knew myself too well. Couldn't risk that kind of addiction.

So far pretty good. Playing an Undead Mage with my GF who's playing an Undead Rogue.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: January 20, 2015, 09:35:35 AM »
It's nice to have someone to play with - I rolled a Worgen Hunter and am having a fine time solo leveling, around lvl 27 or something just starting in stranglethorn. Hunters are easy to level solo due to the pet taking aggro all the time.

Definitely not seriously invested this time around, I like to use WoW as a end of day de-stresser tool etc rather than being tied to the schedule of a guild.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 20, 2015, 09:49:54 AM »
It is good I've been pretty pleasantly surprised. The only other MMO I played really was ESO the first two months, which god damn I wish I could have my $100 back from those first two months and the imperial edition bullshit. That and Guild Wars back in 2004. MMO's have never really been my thing too much but WoW seems to be very well crafted. Of course it's been out forever so I'm sure they've had plenty of time to perfect it.

What server are you on?

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 20, 2015, 10:58:53 AM »
I have toons on multiple servers but I only play on Vashj now, alliance this time.

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »
Up to 32 now, finally getting out of major horde gank-zone STV.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/vashj/Anustarticus/simple

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: January 27, 2015, 06:14:16 PM »
I don't know how you tolerate the ganking. I had my fill, and I don't know how I put up with it for so long.

And Ive been playing diablo 3 again...they had a new patch which sparked some interest. Witchdoctor didn't get much change, but monk got major changes with their set so I've been trying to re gear since the gear required is pretty different now. Been doing t6 rifts and gambling all blood shards on alts, was able to get my crusader to t6 off blood shards alone...which means I have wizard, and barbarian to gear next. BARB, I HOPE YOU LIKE BLOOD SHARDS!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vladgd-1696/hero/33447838

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: January 27, 2015, 07:28:16 PM »
I get really high before I play and listen to good music.. I've accepted it as a part of being on a PVP server. Luckily, we have nice level 80+ that either travel through or hang around to mitigate the gankers. I just call out my coordinates and other info in the Defense channel and they will come hunt them or handle it.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1822 on: January 28, 2015, 08:17:56 AM »
Oh lawd, Zephlar's playing WoW now. ;D

I haven't been doing much current stuff with my DK aside from occasionally tanking 5-man heroics (which are FUN AS HELL now) here and there and doing garrison work. What I have been working on is getting a warlock leveled up and running a bunch of old crap with friends for transmog gear.

As far as realms go, my Horde toons are all on Turalyon and my Alliance toons are all on Azjol-Nerub. Need a guild? I has guilds. :p

Aside from that, I've been playing pretty much the same crap I've been playing last time I posted in this thread. I took a break from gaming last week for the most part because LOL FLU, but Shepard is back, rampaging through the galaxy. It's amazing how long it actually takes you to get to Virmire if you do all of the side missions before moving back to the main storyline.

Edit: Oh right, speaking of WoW, Deathwing is soloable (with minor headaches) now:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:20:30 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 02, 2015, 01:24:57 PM »
FYI most of what you guys are saying about WoW is like a foreign language lol!

Spectere that game is just incredible 3's ending aside, best trilogy in gaming ever. I bought the N7 Digitial Deluxe Edition for ME3 on Origin and have been leveling back up on Multiplayer. I unlocked almost everything on Xbox LIVE so it's kind of fun going through and getting all the characters/weapons again.

Also.....GTA V is almost here!!!!!!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1824 on: February 02, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »
Oh, you'll get it eventually. Everyone succumbs to WoW nerdism, at least a little bit. :p

Yeah, I absolutely love the story in Mass Effect. I admit I'm not looking forward to beating ME3 because of the divisive ending, but the journey matters more than the destination for the most part.

I'm probably going to wait for TotalBiscuit's port report of GTA V for PC before I pull the trigger on it. If they did as terrible of a job on it as they did on GTA4 (we'll put it this way: the GTA4 port was so bad that upgrading my video card destroyed my framerate...it makes Dark Souls for PC look spectacular) I'll just start over on the 360 version and deal with not having a first-person mode. It was one of those deals where I got about half way through the game and had to stop for a while, then I just couldn't get back into it. Had a ton of fun with it, though!

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 03, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »
Oh, you'll get it eventually. Everyone succumbs to WoW nerdism, at least a little bit. :p

I'm sure I will. My girlfriend is pretty well versed so she's been kind of showing me the ropes. Have a level 22 Undead Mage and a level 5 Night Elf Druid. Must say I'm getting pretty addicted and this almost saddens me. I promised myself I would never but here we are 10 years later. WoW you tricky mistress you...

Yeah, I absolutely love the story in Mass Effect. I admit I'm not looking forward to beating ME3 because of the divisive ending, but the journey matters more than the destination for the most part.

It's the best. No story has ever captivated me like ME. I have shed more tears in that series more than any other video game ever. It's really an emotional attachment I have with it. The Multiplayer in 3 was just a WELL added bonus (if you've never played it you are truly missing out). The ending just leaves a lot of questions and it's a bit frustrating yes. It could have been worse but it felt poorly thought out and possibly rushed. The whole game though in ME3 was truly Epic.

I'm probably going to wait for TotalBiscuit's port report of GTA V for PC before I pull the trigger on it. If they did as terrible of a job on it as they did on GTA4 (we'll put it this way: the GTA4 port was so bad that upgrading my video card destroyed my framerate...it makes Dark Souls for PC look spectacular) I'll just start over on the 360 version and deal with not having a first-person mode. It was one of those deals where I got about half way through the game and had to stop for a while, then I just couldn't get back into it. Had a ton of fun with it, though!

That's not a bad idea but I have a good feeling it will be a proper port this time around. Fortunately with Dark Souls we have guys like Dante to fix their horrendous shortcomings (like FFXIII's pathetic excuse for an options menu graphically). GTA IV always crashes if I have my monitor extended too. It was pretty bad.

Do you play Dark Souls II?

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 03, 2015, 03:19:40 PM »
I think I got over the 'being addicted' portion of the WoW playing because personally, I pay 15 a month to have a place that is consistent, beautiful, fun, and entertaining - a place to relax after a long day at work where I can just run around and smash shit and look cool doing it. I also pay for netflix so I think it belongs in the same category. There aren't many P2P games out there with as much content or people playing it, that has been around for as long, it's in a class of it's own.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1827 on: February 05, 2015, 04:19:08 PM »
I'm sure I will. My girlfriend is pretty well versed so she's been kind of showing me the ropes. Have a level 22 Undead Mage and a level 5 Night Elf Druid. Must say I'm getting pretty addicted and this almost saddens me. I promised myself I would never but here we are 10 years later. WoW you tricky mistress you...

Oh don't worry, after you've been around Azeroth (and pre- and post-kaboom Draenor) a few times that feeling of addiction should pass. ;)

One of the things that I find utterly captivating about WoW is its incredible world design and great aesthetic. After you've played for a while you can just tell when you see a WoW screenshot because it has such a unique and distinct look to it. When you go between areas it feels like you're somewhere completely new, unlike several other games (*cough* Gears of War *cough*) where you couldn't tell one area from another. Guild Wars 2 is another game that got that right, albeit 8 years after WoW came out.

It's the best. No story has ever captivated me like ME. I have shed more tears in that series more than any other video game ever. It's really an emotional attachment I have with it. The Multiplayer in 3 was just a WELL added bonus (if you've never played it you are truly missing out). The ending just leaves a lot of questions and it's a bit frustrating yes. It could have been worse but it felt poorly thought out and possibly rushed. The whole game though in ME3 was truly Epic.

At least they tried to slap a few bandaids on the original ending. I dunno, I'm still pushing slowly through the first game, so we'll see. :p

I also ended up sharing the love and buying my dad Mass Effect 1 and 2 for his birthday yesterday. He seems to like ME1 so far, so we'll see how that goes.

That's not a bad idea but I have a good feeling it will be a proper port this time around.

I've become so cynical when it comes to PC ports that I generally refuse to buy things at launch unless they're specifically designed for PC, especially after I witnessed Watch Dogs stuttering on my rig (which is so far above the recommended hardware that it's kind of silly). I think the only game that I bought on launch day recently was Alien: Isolation, but that game had a great PC version so kind of lucked out.

Considering Rockstar gleefully kept putting out expansions and patches for the PC version of GTA4 without fixing a damn thing and totally bungled a semi-recent GTA:SA update (the updated release broke things like 1080p support, which the original PC release--released in 2005, no less--had!), I'm not giving them my money until I know for sure that they aren't going to be a bunch of shitheads again. It's a fantastic game, but if they fuck up the PC version I'll be more than happy just switching on the ol' 360 and playing it there. Hell, the 360 gets a better framerate in GTA4 than my gaming PC does for some stupid fucking reason.

Fortunately with Dark Souls we have guys like Dante to fix their horrendous shortcomings (like FFXIII's pathetic excuse for an options menu graphically).

It seems to me like Dark Souls had a solid foundation that was hampered by inexperience and budget constraints (after all, the PC port was very much an afterthought, as a response to a fan petition). I think a large part of the PC port's problems stem from the fact that it's more or less a straight port of the Xbox 360 version of the game. All of the signs are there: it only really supports 360 controllers, it's locked to 720p at 30hz, and the real kicker: GFWL. However, the fact that DSfix is able to defeat all of those limitations so easily leads me to believe that the devs knew what they were doing, they just didn't have the resources or experience to use their engine to its fullest.

The framerate uncapping alone is evidence of that. There are a lot of games that run at a fixed 30hz on PC because they will break hard if you unlock the framerate. NFS:Rivals is a very good example of that, as TotalBiscuit proved.

I'm just glad that From Software really buckled down and made a solid port for DS2.

Do you play Dark Souls II?

I have it but I haven't really gotten around to playing it. That's on my list of possible games to play after I finish up the Mass Effect trilogy.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 11, 2015, 12:39:59 AM »
Us sending a postcard to our horde characters. Lol

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 12, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
Aw shit!!

Looks like they are really going for it this time around. I think I prefer MSAA though. Seems to be a bit crisper, yeah?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:18:06 PM by Zephlar »