Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 568088 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1860 on: July 13, 2015, 06:19:12 PM »
I'm waiting till the next season/patch before I dive into the diablos again.

In the meantime, XCOM 2 got me hyped...so I decided to play the pc version of enemy within (beat enemy unknown/within on 360) since the XCOM 2 is pc only. A week later I beat it...for the third time, it's just a damn hard game to put down.

Now I want something else to play, I may have to select 10 random games I have and random.org to see what I should play.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 16, 2015, 12:40:13 PM »
Splatoon! It is so goddamn good -- simple premise, expertly crafted, lots of play styles, a fairly complex metagame, and all the upsides of online multiplayer with nearly none of the downsides -- and I have dumped so much time into it the past couple weeks.

Most people probably don't have Wii Us, but if you do, you need to check it out ASAP. The main complaint I have about it is a relative lack of stages, but the sheer variety of weapons and strategies keeps it from being boring.

Sample interface/gameplay video:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:43:13 PM by 『フエハデ』 »

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 18, 2015, 03:04:11 AM »
The past few days I've been playing Ridiculous Fishing on my phone along with my partner who has been playing it on my tablet. That game is fucking good, like, I have NEVER put so much time into a mobile game until that game. NEVER, when I need to kill time on my phone, I just use my internet browser or youtube or something, I really don't play mobile games at all. So with a flat $3.00 price and no bullshit free to play in app purchases model that makes most mobile games not appealing at all for me to play...it's just a good game, only it's on my phone.So basically I "beat" the game, every upgrade, every fish, and I just kinda play for the sake of playing right now. It's just a well crafted game, good gameplay, good artstyle, good music, addicting and rewarding gameplay loop. The only "flaw" I would even give this game is that a few of the fish you need to jump through a few hoops to catch (aka look on the internet for how to catch them since there's no way you'd just figure it out on your own), but besides that, it's something I'd recommend anybody to check out.

I'm open for recommendations for mobile games. I use a relatively low powered android phone (motorola moto g) and my tablet isn't much better, I don't really use mobile devices for gaming purposes, but I'm down to play if it's not f2p bullshit(or if f2p, nothing shoving paying money down my throat like crossey road, or those stupid games that have energy that you have to pay money to play more of the game faster shit, I don't want to feel obligated to pay tens to hundreds of dollars on a friggin phone game, I'd rather pay a flat fee and be done with it). I've been looking for anything turn based or roguelikes and whatnot, because touch controls are kinda shit to begin with, so anything turn based and easy to play in short bursts/turn off at a whim would be agreeable.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:08:00 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1863 on: August 18, 2015, 11:44:38 AM »
Ridiculous Fishing is ridiculously good. I played the shit out of that a couple of years ago (it came out right around when I switched from Windows Phone to iPhone, so that was one of the first apps I had on my old iPhone 4). Your complaints pretty much mirror mine, honestly. I found the Guide Dang It aspects of it to be a bit annoying, but it wasn't too big of a deal for the most part.

I was occasionally posting reviews of mobile games. I'll have to start doing that again, methinks, because I always like to have a couple that I can swap between at any given time. I am generally iOS-focused (the only Android device that I have at the moment is a G1 running 2.3 that I'm using as an alarm clock), but most games are multiplatform nowadays anyway.

While we're on the topic, though, I would like to recommend Knights of Pen & Paper. It's a humorous, light RPG for iOS and Android available for about $5. It does offer in-app purchases, but you really, really don't need them to beat it. It's not particularly difficult, but I found it to be pretty damn fun.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 19, 2015, 03:50:37 PM »
I actually bought that game years ago, played it a little bit, then dropped off fairly early after I couldn't find any minmaxing guides at the time. I swear I have to minmax most games I play, it's a curse. I aught to give it another go, and there's a sequel, so, that's more to look at if I finish the first one.

But in-between repairing my joystick and having sweet juicy super turbo, a few friends of mine have been on the heroes of the storm so I have a reason to play that game now. It's fun to dick around with fighting against the AI, but I really have no interest in taking it seriously or getting competitive. Though, for what it is, it's a good time. I already own like 10 heroes or something because I have no willpower and I fall for the "50% off salezzzzzz" shit they do every week, but with them giving away shit for free randomly, I am more hesitant on doing that. Like I got diablo a few months back, now they're giving him away for free next week if you own diablo 3. COME THE FUCK ON, DIABLO FAN HERE, COURSE ID GET HIM FIRST, FAAAAAAAAAAAA. It's only 5 bucks, but still, coulda bought a pizza or ~2 gallons of gas with that money.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: September 02, 2015, 03:53:17 AM »
double postan because...because...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vladgd-1696/hero/65548919

Season 4 started late Friday, I hit 70 within like 8 hours.

Not even a week later and im like over paragon 160, can do torment 6, even 7, and I have a lot of amazing items.

There's virtual crack in the code for that game I swear, can't stop won't stop.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1866 on: September 02, 2015, 08:48:17 AM »
rofl vlad, I know that feeling. Not currently playing d3, but that game is pure fucking crack when I do play it. New patch looks great too.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #1867 on: September 02, 2015, 12:04:18 PM »
Just bought D3 for Xbox 360 for $20 so my girl and I could play. Been waiting to buy it for a long time. I will get it on PC at some point I imagine.

We've been loving it so far.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1868 on: September 02, 2015, 04:20:24 PM »
Metal Gear Solid V.

It's gorgeous. And fun. I like it.

Edit: 4K screenshot, because why not: http://files.spectere.net/pictures/screenshots/mgs5/4k-001.jpg (forgot to turn off the Afterburner/RivaTuner overlay...sorry 'bout that)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:33:58 PM by Spectere »

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #1869 on: September 09, 2015, 09:55:25 PM »
Edit: 4K screenshot, because why not: http://files.spectere.net/pictures/screenshots/mgs5/4k-001.jpg (forgot to turn off the Afterburner/RivaTuner overlay...sorry 'bout that)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1870 on: September 10, 2015, 04:46:59 PM »
My PC has that effect on people. ;)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: September 14, 2015, 04:31:10 PM »
still puttin around on WoW after work most days.. got my current toon up to 71-72.. switching back and forth between dungeon runs and main questing.. This is the highest I've had an alliance character too so It's fun to see different parts of azeroth for once. I will probably only buy the most recent expansions when i hit level cap. I currently am up to mists of pandaria.

I'm in a guild but i don't really interact that often as the casual level of my playing does not really match a high action guild, plus I don't feel like I would be of any help in their larger events due to not having a level 100.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: September 23, 2015, 02:51:04 AM »
My partner asked me if I had wario ware the other day, and I do have the first game for the gba. This caused me to get my bag of gba games, and I decided to pop in advance wars. Around 2005 or so I recall picking the game back up and getting into it, and QUITTING on the final mission. That shit is just so unfair and bullshit. I mean sure, it's a 3v1, with you being the 3, but goddamn you are overwhelmed up fist deep in tanks and bullshit by turn 2, and the fucker throws a meteor every 3 or so turns that does 8 damage (units in advance wars have 10 health) to a large area, so yeah, I got frustrated and quit about 10 years ago.

I don't know what the fuck, but after about 3 or so attempts, and like 2 or so hours, I managed to beat that level, and it happened to be the final level (unsurprising since the name for the level is like "the last battle" or something similar), and it made me remember how goddamn good advance wars is. They should quit making fire emblem games to make room for another advance wars game. Say it with me people, turn, based, strategy!

My 3 for that level (since you have different characters based on things you did in earlier missions) was grit, andy, sami. grit helped a lot, his position is pretty good for his long range capabilities, missiles, artillery, rockets. Andy is the bitch in the middle so he gets all the fire, most of the mission i just spammed mech infantry just to get bodies out there since the opponent is in your base asap and pretty much wiping out all you have every turn. Sami was also a bit similar, only she specializes in infantry, i spammed a lot of mechs with her to get bodies on the map. Soon as we got some kind of foothold in the middle of the map to stop enemy units from crossing over, I let up on mech production for like 1-2 fighters, and some bombers, with a few anti air tanks sprinkled in depending on the situation. Ended up working in my favor, andy soaked up the fire with mech spam, grit would take meteors, and when I recovered, his co power is just fantastic for blowing up 5 or so units in one turn, and sami mainly added bodies to andy while grit sniped everything. Near the end though when we could finally push, the game was over, it just took another...15-20 turns to actually win. I think the biggest help was producing air at one point, it caused sturm to blow his cash load on missiles (long range anti air) and I didn't even bother striking with my bombers to get them killed, so he wasted money, and i could push.

But damn, I forgot how good advance wars is. Im just sad they ended the series (as of now) on that stupid grimdark game. But i've only played the first one, so maybe i'll hunt down the second one for gba and give er a go.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:02:50 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1873 on: September 27, 2015, 07:40:37 PM »
Undertale.

It's so good. Soooo fucking good.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: October 11, 2015, 02:08:24 AM »
With legacy of the void coming up soon, figured with starcraft 2 story about to end, I aught to play the first one to completion. I'd already beaten starcraft, but not broodwar, so i'm going to try to knock that out before November 10.

Currently on protoss mission 8.

Secretly what gets me the most hype about the final expansion to starcraft 2, they have no other "rts" game project in the works, so...warcraft 4 is now possible. While I enjoy me some starcraft quite a bit, Warcraft 3 is the best damn rts out there, and I'd love a Warcraft 4, as unlikely as that is with WoW killing warcraft.

*edit*

Now on zerg mission 3. Should easily be doable before...november 10th, this edit being on october 16.  Some of those terran missions were pretty rough, and I had heard the later zerg missions are amongst the hardest in the series. Should be able to manage it though.

*edit*

broodwar has been completed! I did pretty much everything, even the secret mission. And may I say, no real spoilers on a game that came out in 1998, but that secret mission had duran splitting off and fucking with the protoss/zerg hybrids, and you don't see anything else on that until late in the wings of liberty campaign that came out...12 years later. Not to mention in the legacy of the void prologue, zeratul mentions needing to see duran...and literally that little thing is the reason i went back to beat broodwar, to fill in the blanks...and that it did.

great fucking game, if warcraft 3 didn't exist, i'd call starcraft the best rts game out there. even then, i haven't put much time into competitive starcraft play, so maybe my opinion will change if i decide to hit up one of the private ladders the game has to offer. I like it over the current state of starcraft 2 for sure, HUR DUR DEATHBALL VS DEATHBALL doesn't sound too interesting.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:08:31 AM by vladgd »