Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 581799 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1905 on: December 12, 2016, 09:47:48 AM »
If you own the original Skyrim with all of the DLC (or the Legendary Edition) on Steam, you automatically get Special Edition for free.

I haven't actually tried Skyrim:SE yet. I'm still playing the classic edition. :x
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #1906 on: December 14, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »
If you own the original Skyrim with all of the DLC (or the Legendary Edition) on Steam, you automatically get Special Edition for free.

I haven't actually tried Skyrim:SE yet. I'm still playing the classic edition. :x

Yeah I decided to wait for SKSE before I run SSE again. Since 1.2 my SSE has been crashing constantly and I can not get to the bottom of it. It's really frustrating.

On a side note, Christmas came early for me this year. The fiance bought me a Strix 970 4GB! She got a really good bargain from a friend. Pretty nice upgrade from the 770 I had.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:04:51 PM by Zephlar »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1907 on: December 16, 2016, 10:41:02 AM »
Nice upgrade! The 970 is a really solid card for the money. It also scales well, so if you pick up another one and bridge them you should get a nice speed bump with SLI.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 22, 2016, 12:49:14 AM »
Street Fighter 5 Season 2 is now available.

I'll be honest, this past year I put less than 20 hours into sf5...really not a fan...but season 2 (capcoms way of doing a once per year balance patch update) has changes to get me to try er again. I didn't like street fighter 4 vanilla, but as they refined it, it became an extremely well tuned game.

No goddamn idea what character I want to play, but Balrog is catching my eye for the time being so he's my first venture into the new season.

Anyone else in or am I the only fightan fan on this side of the internet?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1909 on: December 22, 2016, 05:47:42 PM »
I don't play fighting games too often, so I'm definitely one of them filthy casuals. And even then I generally only play games that I have on hand, so...Smash 4 (can't find my copy of Melee, grrr).

I probably could get pretty decent at them if I worked at it, but I'd rather get good at IIDX, to be honest. :P

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 24, 2016, 12:21:40 AM »
I worked at it, and I think I am still bad.

However, I am good enough to have fun, so I suppose that's all that matters.

I'm still not used to the flow of street fighter 5, very "turn based" game. Easier execution, so you'd think, BEGINNER FRIENDLY, but I think you need to know framedata way more in sf5 than in 4 just so you know when you're allowed to press a button.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1911 on: January 06, 2017, 09:07:16 AM »
I started getting back into Factorio recently.

Help.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: January 09, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »
I started getting back into Factorio recently.

Help.

Not familiar with that one. Looks like a Sim City type game?

So my cheap ass finally bought GTA V for PC (I've been waiting forever for sale to go below 50% but I finally caved during tail end of the winter sale). I knew it was a big game but I got more than I bargained for. Worth every penny. Already have over 60 hours since January 3rd. I ended up restarting my game when I learned about the Stock Market money to be made after assassination missions.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: January 09, 2017, 02:01:03 PM »
Not really like simcity, it's more of a game recommended for people who look at an assembly line and get a hard on.

It's like a sandbox resource gathering game in which you can eventually fully automate most everything.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1914 on: January 10, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
it's more of a game recommended for people who look at an assembly line and get a hard on.

I think I'm going to describe it like that from now on. Thanks! ;)

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: January 31, 2017, 01:47:41 AM »
Playing through the Mass Effect trilogy again to get hyped for Andromeda, ~70% done with the third game.

It's making me remember how awesome this series was, knowing Andromeda is a stand alone game and NOT a trilogy, I hope it can at least be the start of a new series in a new galaxy.

And if y'all have to pick one DLC to play, Citidel. It is the single best piece of content in the entire damn series. The fanservice is delicious, and the inside humor is immense. They even reference THIS post from some creeper on the bioware forums, they dig deep.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1916 on: January 31, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »
I'm tempted to play through the Mass Effect series and just stop playing before the ending of 3. Even with the Extended Cut I still felt that it was one of the worst video game endings I've ever experienced. I honestly can't think of a worse one off the top of my head.

I wasn't expecting a happy ending, given the story, but what we got felt more like the results of a bad trip than anything that would have made sense in-universe.

+1 for the Citadel DLC. That was phenomenal.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 01, 2017, 02:47:48 PM »
Best series in gaming history without a doubt.

I firmly stand by the indoctrination theory. It's the only thing that helps me sleep at night.

If anyone wants to play ME3 multiplayer let me know I still play it online to this day. Z3PHLAR on both Origin and Xbox. Here's my profiles for both.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:58:21 PM by Zephlar »

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 01, 2017, 08:52:48 PM »
Just finished me3 yesterday, and I can agree on the ending being horrible. It's like you're collecting war assets throughout the entire game for............nothing...........

Either way, as bad as it is, I'm super intrigued by the synthesis "ending". It's poorly executed in game, but the idea behind it has loads of cool factor.

(still no cerberus harrier, RNG WHYYYYYYYYYYYY)'

I'm just casually doing multiplayer for a week or so before I cancel my xbox gold again. If I want to play more after that, I "cough" did things I wasn't supposed to do to get over 150 million credits "cough" on the pc version, just to know what the harrier feels like before I play Andromeda.

I'd totes be down for some multiplayer action when Andromeda hits, after I finish the single player stuff. Preordered for ps4.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:10:20 AM by vladgd »

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 02, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »
You too!?!?! On Xbox I still don't have the harrier either, whereas on PC I have like IV Harrier. That's SOOOOO frustrating. It's definitely the best weapon in the game.

As big a fan as I am, I'm going to wait for Angry Joe to review it before I buy it. I'm still a bit salty about the ending.