Author Topic: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread  (Read 555046 times)

Korremar

• View Profile
Re: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread
« Reply #1125 on: October 29, 2007, 12:42:29 AM »
I have to read 45 pages of The Scarlet Letter before first period tomorrow.

Oh well.

I'm doing more practical things, like talking to my friends about life, the universe, and, well, everything.

LUEser.

Also: Scarlet Letter's not the best book I've ever read by a long shot, but it could be much worse.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1126 on: October 29, 2007, 01:30:29 AM »
Speaking of that, another thing that I love about SMF is that I get these whenever such a thing happens, even for a moment:

That's pretty awesome.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 29, 2007, 01:49:52 AM »
I pretty much hated that book. However, I did end up doing a major project on it junior year, so if you have any questions you can ask me. I may or may not remember, though D:

vladgd

« Reply #1128 on: October 29, 2007, 02:43:36 AM »
im thinking about making a iidx video.  i plan on playing a 10* song on distorted, but i don't know which one i should play.  i would like to play something i can score at least a B on, and nothing that looks too easy.  what to choose....hmmm.

also, i don't know how i would get it taped and whatnot, so if i do decide, it may take a while to tape and upload.

*edit*

heavenly sun [a]
zenius i vanisher [a]
lovely storm [a] (ok maby id pop in happy sky)
dc fish [a] (if you like boarder clears, lawl)

these songs are challenging to me, and i would think they would look fairly impressive to pass due to nice consistent note streams.  but yea, ill have to think it over.

*edit*

k i think ill practice lovely storm [a] as it's an 11*, ive passed it once....and it gets pretty damn crazy. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:28:07 AM by vladgd »

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1129 on: October 29, 2007, 06:08:16 AM »
I pretty much hated that book. However, I did end up doing a major project on it junior year, so if you have any questions you can ask me. I may or may not remember, though D:

K, spiffy. And yeah, I didn't read at all last night, so in an hour from now I'm going to be completely lost (during English class) :D

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 29, 2007, 09:09:35 AM »
like half of the junior english classes here are doing that book here. the other half, including me will have to do it at some point too.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 29, 2007, 05:30:47 PM »
im thinking about making a iidx video.  i plan on playing a 10* song on distorted, but i don't know which one i should play.  i would like to play something i can score at least a B on, and nothing that looks too easy.  what to choose....hmmm.

also, i don't know how i would get it taped and whatnot, so if i do decide, it may take a while to tape and upload.

*edit*

heavenly sun [a]
zenius i vanisher [a]
lovely storm [a] (ok maby id pop in happy sky)
dc fish [a] (if you like boarder clears, lawl)

these songs are challenging to me, and i would think they would look fairly impressive to pass due to nice consistent note streams.  but yea, ill have to think it over.

*edit*

k i think ill practice lovely storm [a] as it's an 11*, ive passed it once....and it gets pretty damn crazy. 

Get a video of Concerto in blue [h]. It's a 10 and I wanna see the chart lol.

Oh and I have a wireless N router now. It looks like a mini 360 Elite XD.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 30, 2007, 02:28:31 AM »
So should I even bother buying guitar hero 3? I've played a little of 2 and it was fun so I was thinking about picking it up, but after what eggman said it seems I should avoid it. Also Vlad is a double nigger.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1133 on: October 30, 2007, 02:43:53 AM »
Well, it's challenging, but I've seen a lot of the expert charts, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, after hearing what he said. I'd probably have a lot of trouble on pretty much all the expert charts, but that just means that if they made the hard charts much better than GH2's, I'll have hard and expert to work with.

Making the game harder helps everyone because as long as you keep some easy songs, new players can learn, and for everyone else, there's a lot more room for improvement.

Try playing expert on GH1 and then switch to GH2, you'll nearly shit yourself at the difference in difficulty. I guess the some goes with GH2 to GH3. Oh, and DDR did the same thing when it came out, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1134 on: October 30, 2007, 05:39:33 AM »
hay sup

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 30, 2007, 05:57:31 AM »
So me and some friends carved pumpkins after school today.

Chad carved a sketchy looking face.
Carrie carved a more detailed face.
Joey carved a spider web.
Kate carved a few musical notes.
I carved the formula for finding the derivative of a function.

My initial suggestion was that we put our 5 pumpkins together and do a longcat thing, but Carrie strongly objected.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 06:05:32 AM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1136 on: October 30, 2007, 09:02:26 AM »
I carved the formula for finding the derivative of a function.

WINNAR

My initial suggestion was that we put our 5 pumpkins together and do a longcat thing, but Carrie strongly objected.

D: SHE R TEH LUSAR.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 30, 2007, 01:53:05 PM »
I'd definately get GH3. I care less for the new art style, but the little animated shorts between song sets in career mode are great, and the songlist is nothing but killer. The ratio of awesome to crap is significantly higher than in the other games, and if you've played Guitar Hero before, the expert charts aren't going to be THAT much worse than they've been.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 30, 2007, 03:38:29 PM »
I need software like Fruityloops that can have insanely fast BPM settings, because I think FL only goes up to 999.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1139 on: October 30, 2007, 04:54:57 PM »
because you don't need anything faster than 1,000 BPM?

say you need 1,200 BPM.

Make your song in 600 BPM, but instead make the quarter notes in 1,200 BPM as 8th notes in 600 BPM.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.