Author Topic: E3 09  (Read 12820 times)

vladgd

Re: E3 09
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 11:03:11 PM »
lets see, sony.

mgs peacewalker (OHMOYMFNRGDBRbnoitdmogyfhkg nnnbafsfacvb buyan)
uncharted 2 (look good mang)
assassins creed 2 (bout the same as i think of uncharted)
ff14 (i can't see myself playing an mmo on console...but when more info is out my opinion can go either way)

anywho, the old republic is looking good (though like...to be accurate the CG TRAILER looks good, and well, twi lek's gimmie) and i need more info, the smuggler class is looking good but i gotta have more bioware.  i guess mass effect 2 is 2010 so i guess my next rpg fix will come in the form of dragon age.

till then, monster hunter freedom unite is soon, i may pick up kof12, and we will see were shit goes from there.  best option is to just freeze myself in time till blizzcon after e3 is over...then promptly freeze myself again till sc2 is out.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 11:08:40 PM »
The demo for 13 only allowed control over one person but it's confirmed that the final version will let you pick everyone's actions.

And the new Metroid isn't on the DS or an FPS. It's a mix of third person and sidescrolling on the Wii with much more in-depth combat and an actual story.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 11:15:14 PM »
And the new Metroid isn't on the DS or an FPS. It's a mix of third person and sidescrolling on the Wii with much more in-depth combat and an actual story.

Sounds fucking awesome. That and it sounds like it has Adam in it, but I only loosely know who that is by hearing him in Fusion.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »
The demo for 13 only allowed control over one person but it's confirmed that the final version will let you pick everyone's actions.
* Kuroneko sighs in relief

Somebody fucked up when they told me about it, then! >=(  Sounds awesome.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 01:44:24 AM »
After reading the info posted on Wikipedia, the battle system sounds pretty awesome. And I'm liking the plot, so far.

And yeah, I don't think that Square-Enix is trying to hide that they are basically ripping off FF7... I mean, Lightening was designed specifically to be the female equivalent to Cloud.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:49:09 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 12:50:07 PM »
FF14 more like FF11-2

Only way most people'll be switching is if it's essentially FFXI with a drastically improved system. With SE's hilariously abysmal track record of customer service and community interaction I'm not seeing it.

vladgd

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 05:30:22 AM »
you know, i think im more excited for the old republic than myself two years ago would have wanted.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »
Hopefully DEY FIX WUT DEY BROKE from Star Wars Galaxies *looks up and sees the 3 game pack on his shelf* /tumbleweed.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 10:25:18 PM »
considering it's a completely different company (bioware, not SoE) and a different approach to the mmo genre, i don't think it will have the problems that galaxies had.

whether it will be a "LOL WOW KILLR" ain't happening, but it doesn't take a "LOL WOW KILLR" to be a fun game.  i mean, WAR was fun, it didn't last me more than 3 months, but i had a damn good time playing it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 10:54:32 PM »
Yeah, I play lots of mmo's, as long as their not absolutely horrid, they're usually worth playing for a little while.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 11:47:05 AM »
whether it will be a "LOL WOW KILLR" ain't happening, but it doesn't take a "LOL WOW KILLR" to be a fun game.

I really do hate that saying. Even if it was an all round better game, it still wouldn't put WoW out of business because people are dedicated to that game.

vladgd

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
I really do hate that saying. Even if it was an all round better game, it still wouldn't put WoW out of business because people are dedicated to that game.

exactly.  but people think to be a successful MMO you need to be the next wow killer, and frankly, the only thing to kill wow...is blizzard.

and they would be wrong, look at EVE online, i personally can't get into it, but you would be lying to call it not successful.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »
MMOs are going through what RPGs and console FPSs went through a few years back. That is, that if it's an RPG, it had to be called an FF7-killer. Hell, the PS1 version of Grandia was covered in that statement by nearly every publication. And an FPS has to be a Halo killer or else no one will care. It also creates massive backlash.

The only way to get around it is to stop caring about it. That's why EVE is successful. It has its own areas and does its own thing and the players appreciate that.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 05:43:44 PM »
I'd certainly like to try Eve. If I had a couple people to play with (and income for a subscription) I'd definitely try it out.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »
the game is for the hardest of the hardcore gamers.

make a mistake, boom, there goes your ship, skillpoints(or clone, which costs more money), lots of money you put into your ship and fitting it, and time you need to spend to get everything back.

i WANT to like it, and hell, i could get past the stupidly unforgiving nature of the game, since, well, when you kill another player, im sure it feels awesome.  too bad the interface to the game is almost unplayable.  it shouldn't be annoying and rather tricky just to loot a wreck, but it is, just immagine trying to fight somone with your ship on the line with an interface like that...yeah...no.

hopefully they will change the interface in a future expansion (which honestly, it's possible), but till then, black prophecy and jumpgate are looking good, im hoping they deliver.