Author Topic: holy fuck people still post here  (Read 24616 times)

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
Re: holy fuck people still post here
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 11:04:38 AM »
well, shit. that half-explains why the second sentence was confusing as fuck

I figured it was a typical "internet pro-translation", but if the original was fucked up...I gave it too little credit.

I went ahead and dug the exact phrase out of my browser history. The original was "Hello, mugi-san! I do not know you, but I am willing to say hello! I hope you are to be fun having much of the post forum time!"

Kulli

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »
My moonspeak is quite lacking, and usually relies on machine translation with me checking things to try to make sure that I can still understand what the machine spits out (more or less). So you are likely 20 times more correct than me....

Well, I understood what you said, but 活躍 is the kind of word you use to describe children playing rather than a website. I couldn't really think of a better word, so I just said "isn't dead". Also:

Also: I really need to learn more 日本語 :/

How far along are you? Can you read 2/3 of the writing systems? Can you understand basic sentences? etc.

Actually, no matter what stage you're at, I recommend this add-on, if you don't have it already.

I also saw this but I haven't tried it out.

I LIKE EDITING
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:43:10 AM by v33mon »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 03:41:56 PM »
Holy shit why is this thread half in Japanese

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »
Holy shit why is this thread half in Japanese

わかったない。

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Kulli

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »
知らない。

fixed

わからない (instead of わかったない) = I don't understand

知らない = I don't know

if I'm being an asshole, tell me (I'm not trying to)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 07:35:33 PM »
You're not being an asshole, and I figured I got that wrong, but I couldn't check.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 11:17:06 PM »
Things have come to freely pass.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 08:01:18 AM »
Well, I understood what you said, but 活躍 is the kind of word you use to describe children playing rather than a website. I couldn't really think of a better word, so I just said "isn't dead". Also:

lol, well, I hear "I understood you but.." all the time... 日本語 has way too many words that mean essentially the same thing, but each have their own use... Too bad the dictionary function in JWPce doesn't tell me what ones are what. I've got Kodansha's Furigana Dictionary at home, as well as another (kinda) J-E-J one, but I never use them (actually, they're at my girlfriend's).

How far along are you? Can you read 2/3 of the writing systems? Can you understand basic sentences? etc.

I'm more or less able to read 平仮名 and 片仮名, but I use JWPce for all my writing, which makes things much easier than they should be. I kinda really hate using the IME. (And I use lots of kanji that I don't actually know, because I use JWPce. Basically, I can usually figure out where the kanji should be, hit the "convert to kanji" button, and if there's a kanji for what I want to say, it puts it in. I normally would have just typed ひらがな and かたかな otherwise.)

Actually, no matter what stage you're at, I recommend this add-on, if you don't have it already.

I also saw this but I haven't tried it out.

I LIKE EDITING

Well, I had the first one for a while when I used FF, but I'm using google chrome, and the addons stuff is still heavily under development.

My biggest problems are complex sentence structure, and vocabulary. I use the built in dictionary function in JWPce way too often, and still don't always know what the sentence means because either I don't know the particles being used (another weak point) or just can't figure out the relation of each word. I should be a lot farther along, considering I've been at this for years, but I find it really difficult... I don't really see anything that replaces an actual class on the language, but my college program makes it REALLY hard to take a course outside the program itself, thanks to the timing of the classes and such.

Japanese is definitely not one of those languages that you can just pick up on the internet without a lot of work. Something like, say, Italian, or even German, you can more or less pick up online, but Japanese has so many unique aspects to it that it really is a lot more difficult than other languages.

I guess it doesn't really help that I've also been interested in learning Korean at the same time, lol. I really like 한글.

FAKE EDIT: I spend a long time typing one large post, rather than editing it.... I use the preview function more than necessary, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 08:31:54 AM »
Basically, I can usually figure out where the kanji should be, hit the "convert to kanji" button, and if there's a kanji for what I want to say, it puts it in. I normally would have just typed ひらがな and かたかな otherwise.)

Ironically, no one uses the kanji for "hiragana" and "katakana"

owned by JWPce

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »
I'm somewhat aware of that, but I felt like it anyway. It does have dictionary entries that say whether something is commonly used as kana, but I forget all the abbreviations they use. It uses the dictionaries that Jim Breen (from Monash University, Australia) compiled (which are used in wwwjdic as well.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 11:08:43 PM »
THIS THREAD IS MAKING HEAD HURTING.
"This is a machine for making cows."

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 03:56:09 AM »
THIS THREAD IS MAKING HEAD HURTING.

This + English->Japanese + Japanese->Estonian + Estonian->Japanese + Japanese->English = It is painful to the production of screw head.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 05:00:52 AM »
madness

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »
This + English->Japanese + Japanese->Estonian + Estonian->Japanese + Japanese->English = It is painful to the production of screw head.

Why Estonian?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 03:24:16 PM »
this bread is not relative to my interests anymore
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/