Author Topic: the "game deals" thread  (Read 14480 times)

vladgd

Re: the "game deals" thread
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 11:33:02 PM »
MONTHLY HAUL GO!

-mr domino
-mario golf toadstool tour
-xenogears
-kinetica
-space channel 5 special edition
-tony hawk 2
-super mario world

Kulli

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 01:04:53 AM »

vladgd

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 01:19:11 AM »
requesting ban

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 02:26:16 AM »

nuff said.

Kulli

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 02:41:23 AM »
requesting ban

I didn't even mention the part where I think THUG is the best of the series, and 4 is second-best

EDIT: figured I should mention I prefer THUG because of the online mode
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:45:38 AM by Aa »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 02:50:51 AM »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 11:58:59 PM »
I didn't even mention the part where I think THUG is the best of the series, and 4 is second-best

I'll agree that 4 is second-best, but you think that THUG is the best?!  gtfo my internets
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

the tony hawks pro skater general thread
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 03:03:24 AM »
4 > 2 > 1 >> 3 >>>>>> ALL OTHER GAMES INVOLVING TONY HAWK

im surprised how nobody at all commented on my sweet xenogears, mr domino, and space channel 5 gets.  i don't think i like you guys.  bye.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 03:35:14 AM »
Shit, sorry, I didn't even notice through the strangling cloud of blasphemy. :(  How in the hell did you manage to get a copy of Xenogears?  Doesn't that usually go for like $100,000,000 on eBay or something crazy-ridiculous?

As for your Tony Hawk awesomeness, I'd personally swap 4 and 2 but I agree with the rest of them.  I'm probably biased because I played 2 so goddamn much, though (IIRC, I was a hair away from 100%ing it on the PC version).  I thought 3 was pretty weak, but the new ones are just ass.  THUG was decent if you ignored the lame-o story, but then again it was like a level pack for THPS4 if you did that.

Kulli

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 05:11:07 AM »
I'll agree that 4 is second-best, but you think that THUG is the best?!  gtfo my internets

EDIT: figured I should mention I prefer THUG because of the online mode

hurrdurrhurr

vladgd

tony hawk pro skater circlejerk thread
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 07:28:23 AM »
How in the hell did you manage to get a copy of Xenogears?  Doesn't that usually go for like $100,000,000 on eBay or something crazy-ridiculous?

especially the black label version of the game.  the case is a bit cracked, but if i can get it into a snazzy new jewel case.  that's essentially a very good quality version of that game, which people sell easily over $150.00 all the time, for $35.00.  you would be surprised what you can find at your local (or close by) used game shop.  find a bunch of these places within an hour or so away, and you can save a lot of cash from the internet alternative.  why the fuck would i pay $200.00 for a copy of ff7 on amazon when the place 20 minutes away has a copy for $35.00?

that gametraders hasn't disappointed me yet.  i recall i believe december 7th 2007(so i don't sound crazy, it was the day before my dads birthday the year before i got a job), i had this desire to play starfox adventures, a game i rented one time years prior.  looked everywhere in town, nothing, went into gametraders before leaving back home, excellent condition copy of the game for $7.00.  played the game for the remainder of the day. 

Kulli

Re: tony hawk pro skater circlejerk thread
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
why the fuck would i pay $200.00 for a copy of ff7 on amazon when the place 20 minutes away has a copy for $35.00?

or download it to your PS3 for even less

hurrdu--nah I'm not going to do it this time

EDIT: 573 posts

EDITEDIT: assuming you have one, of course. If you don't-- my apologies
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 07:47:10 AM by Aa »

vladgd

my damn game deals thread
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 08:02:50 AM »
dude, get out of my fucking thread unless you wish to contribute to it.

if you want to stir up shit, start your own thread, just keep it out of mine.  

i posted a video.  i want either zero responses, some responses not related to it but on topic, or some commentating on my nice gets.  not "well fuck you, this game is better than that game you got for $4.00"

going to be blunt.  any more shit, im deleting my account and taking another break from the site.  i didn't even start this shit, im sick of it now get off my fucking back. 

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:12:12 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 03:27:35 PM »
but if you kick him off the internet, THUG isn't is favorite Tony Hawk game. If you leave him ON the internet, then THUG is his favorite game, and Sectere demands his removal for such an opinion.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 07:46:33 PM »
especially the black label version of the game.  the case is a bit cracked, but if i can get it into a snazzy new jewel case.  that's essentially a very good quality version of that game, which people sell easily over $150.00 all the time, for $35.00.  you would be surprised what you can find at your local (or close by) used game shop.  find a bunch of these places within an hour or so away, and you can save a lot of cash from the internet alternative.

Yeah, very true.  A friend of mine ended up finding a couple of cheap copies of Suikoden II at a local game store once (like $10-ish), and I believe those were going for about $100 on eBay at the time.

or download it to your PS3 for even less

Real classics >>>>>> emulated classics.

I paid $35 for an SNES and $40 for a copy of Super Metroid because I thought that the game was fantastic enough to own, not to mention some of the other fantastic SNES games that I've collected in the meantime.  And yes, I had the ROMs for all of them before I bought the system.

Yeah, I know: hurrdurr.