Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 570841 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #540 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »
I was gonna post a big response to all this. Then I realized INTERNET IS SRS BUSNESS!!1!

Alice has no right to comment on WoW, and v33mon has no right to generalize about FF games.

Omni agrees that WoW is a good game, but not all of us have $15 a month to spend. I sure as fuck don't.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 02, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
So I'm the only person who played WoW and genially didn't like it? I know there's a fuckton of people who hate WoW before even touching it, but I gave it a more then fair shot (fuck the people saying I need to do end game, not worth the grind to get to that point). It's not that I mind grinding (I fucking play Monster Hunter and Killing Floor for fucks sake) but the main gameplay in WoW (QUESTS) was just all around boring for me. Instances were alright, but took fucking forever and required you to do them again and again.

That, and PVP was all gear based, which was lame. At least world PVP was good for greifing.

Kulli

« Reply #543 on: July 02, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
Bro. You need to do endgame at least a little bit in order to have a decent opinion about the game. It's like me saying all FF games are shit after playing FFX /ohwait

Besides, a lot has changed since BC: I couldn't stand leveling back then, either, but I tried it again recently and it was way easier. However, I can respect that you never got into it, so I won't be an asshole about it.

Also,
v33mon has no right to generalize about FF games.

lol, thanks dad
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:42:02 PM by v33mon »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 02, 2010, 06:06:23 PM »
The new party-finder system for instances/raids actually helps a fuck-ton. I like the direction they are taking the game. It still has a lot of characteristics i love about it, and some not so much. I don't mind paying for it when I feel like playing it, but right now it's cancelled. And if I feel the need to start up again [get that ITCH bitch], all I have to do is re-enter my card and BAM. after a quick update, back right where I left off. Play for a month or two or however long the stint goes for, and cancel it again.

The only reason I do it like this is because I don't have a regular group of people to go raid/instance with.  If I had a good steady consistent group or guild, I'd hop back on.  Playing WoW by yourself, while possible, just doesn't do it for me
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 02, 2010, 07:01:42 PM »
It sounds like it's improved, but I still have no interest. The whole combat system is just not my bag, which is the biggest problem.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #546 on: July 02, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »
So I'm the only person who played WoW and genially didn't like it?

Nope.  I've played it.  Didn't really care for it.  I suppose I'd be willing to give it another shot, but I can't waste my money on new games right now.  I'm content playing DDR for 2.5 cents a game.  :D
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #547 on: July 02, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »
So I'm the only person who played WoW and genially didn't like it? I know there's a fuckton of people who hate WoW before even touching it, but I gave it a more then fair shot (fuck the people saying I need to do end game, not worth the grind to get to that point). It's not that I mind grinding (I fucking play Monster Hunter and Killing Floor for fucks sake) but the main gameplay in WoW (QUESTS) was just all around boring for me. Instances were alright, but took fucking forever and required you to do them again and again.

That, and PVP was all gear based, which was lame. At least world PVP was good for greifing.

Playing with someone else makes a huge difference. Not pugs, but having a guild or something and playing with them doing quests together and shit is a LOT more fun than soloing that game. They basically made WoW insanely un-fun for solo players.

Though I also hate the gear based PvP. I've never bothered with PvP specifically for that purpose.

The only reason I do it like this is because I don't have a regular group of people to go raid/instance with.  If I had a good steady consistent group or guild, I'd hop back on.  Playing WoW by yourself, while possible, just doesn't do it for me

Yeah, if I had a guild/friends that I could play with all the time, I'd consider going back, whenever I get the income to support it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #548 on: July 02, 2010, 07:53:08 PM »
I'm content playing DDR for 2.5 cents a game.  :D

/insert jealous rage

do you have a DDR machine on campus? Mine has one, too, but I'm sure it's not that cheap

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #549 on: July 02, 2010, 08:02:07 PM »
So I threw the Windows 7 taskbar on the right side of my screen.

It's weird, but it does make more sense to have it there.  I think I can get used to it.

That, and PVP was all gear based, which was lame.

lawl.  Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

Armegeddon and I were doing the Hellfire Peninsula PvP daily and had four Alliance bitches decked out in T9 PvP gear go after us.  We were both in T9 PvE gear (resilience: 0) with specs to match and very little PvP experience and slaughtered all of them easily.

If you fucking suck, all the gear in the world isn't going to help you win.  And there's a lot of players that fucking suck.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #550 on: July 02, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
Dude, I've seen some outrageous twinks. I saw a legitimate level 9 twink that could kill a level 30+ before the higher level guy could even close the distance to melee.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #551 on: July 02, 2010, 08:47:01 PM »
/insert jealous rage

do you have a DDR machine on campus? Mine has one, too, but I'm sure it's not that cheap

Nope.  It's about half an hour away from my house.  On Monday nights, it's set for a nickel a play.  And with the coupons I use for the joint (Put $5 on my card, get another $5 for no additional charge), it's like half price!  :D 

s'pretty nice, when they maintain the machine at least.  I've got over $30 on that stupid card now.  heehee
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 02, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »
v33om is a bigger troll then flaffl is and at least flaffl is funny

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 02, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
Playing with someone else makes a huge difference. Not pugs, but having a guild or something and playing with them doing quests together and shit is a LOT more fun than soloing that game. They basically made WoW insanely un-fun for solo players.

I did play and quest with friends, still wasn't a huge fan of it.

lawl.  Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

Armegeddon and I were doing the Hellfire Peninsula PvP daily and had four Alliance bitches decked out in T9 PvP gear go after us.  We were both in T9 PvE gear (resilience: 0) with specs to match and very little PvP experience and slaughtered all of them easily.

If you fucking suck, all the gear in the world isn't going to help you win.  And there's a lot of players that fucking suck.

Twinks man, twinks. Still, isn't there the same basic strategy for encountering every single class?

Kulli

« Reply #554 on: July 03, 2010, 01:40:49 AM »
v33om is a bigger troll then flaffl is and at least flaffl is funny

I'm not trolling. Don't pull the "troll card" if you can't come up with a response :D