Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 799644 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2175 on: September 07, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »
If nobody's going to make it not annoying then I will ping pong reply everything I see until we're on the next page D:

Also, I still use Windows XP on my desktops, because I'm broke and my computers are old, but at least I bothered to learn how to fix shit when it breaks, unlike most people apparently :V

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2176 on: September 08, 2010, 12:44:01 AM »
Also, I still use Windows XP on my desktops, because I'm broke and my computers are old, but at least I bothered to learn how to fix shit when it breaks, unlike most people apparently :V

What, are you taking my rants personally again?  And I hope you're seriously not trying to imply that I don't learn to fix things when they break.  Do you realize what I do for a living?  And believe me, my XP knowledge far from lacking.  I'm just sick and tired of dealing with its shit, because it is incredibly ass-backwards.  Hence my rant.  Honestly, I could give a shit less which operating system you use.  If you use it and like it, good for you.  It was a rant.  It wasn't meant to be taken literally.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #2177 on: September 08, 2010, 01:09:40 AM »
I use Windows 3.1.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: September 08, 2010, 05:02:58 PM »
Windows 3.11 with PB Entertainment Pack, thank you very much

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2179 on: September 08, 2010, 08:55:26 PM »
Macintosh System 0.97.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: September 10, 2010, 04:11:26 AM »
I really hate people with ridiculous senses of entitlement. You cannot have expectations for something that is free. You can't "set a bar" for how good a free object can be. It's free. It has no value and you do nothing for it. If I walk into a grocery store and they give me a free tote bag just for walking in the door, I cannot turn to them and say, "How dare you try to give me such a shoddy bag! It needs to be at least THIS nice for me to take!" Unless you're just a total waste of space I guess.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2181 on: September 10, 2010, 07:22:54 PM »
It's really annoying how few programs are designed with keyboard input in mind.  I mean, yeech...it's just pitiful.  Considering how bloody easy it is to do when you're writing Windows software, there's really no excuse for it.

That said, when it comes to keyboard accessibility, Windows is an absolute work of art; absolutely nothing compares to it.  Anything that you would do with a mouse can be done with a keyboard and usability has only improved since the older versions.  Can I get a woot?  Woot.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2182 on: September 10, 2010, 07:51:05 PM »
I just posted an issue about chrome's keyboard accessibility. Apparently in 7.0.517.0 dev and 7.0.503.0 dev (at least, if not some older releases too) the keyboard shortcuts in the context menu aren't working. Typing a T no longer opens a link in a new tab, etc. It sucks when I don't have my mouse hooked up.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2183 on: September 11, 2010, 03:42:36 AM »
I just posted an issue about chrome's keyboard accessibility. Apparently in 7.0.517.0 dev and 7.0.503.0 dev (at least, if not some older releases too) the keyboard shortcuts in the context menu aren't working. Typing a T no longer opens a link in a new tab, etc. It sucks when I don't have my mouse hooked up.

CTRL-T works just fine over here, as do CTRL-N and CTRL-SHIFT-N (the three most common shortcuts that I use, tee hee), but that's most likely because I'm running 6.0.472.55 stable.

I'm not sure if it's just because I don't know how to do it, but Chrome doesn't feel too keyboard-friendly.  The keyboard shortcuts work well (at least on version 6) but page navigation doesn't seem to be particularly intuitive.  In Firefox, it's quite easy to hit slash and start typing to select a link or text near a graphical link, but Chrome's find feature just doesn't work the same way.  That said, I never really looked up to see if there was anything special that you could do to make it more intuitive, so I could be Doing It Wrong(TM).  I don't really care enough to find out; if I really need to browse the Web with a keyboard, I'll happily use lynx/[e]links.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2184 on: September 11, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »
I don't mean the CTRL+ commands, I mean you open a context menu (like right clicking something) and then try to type T, to get it to open that link in a new tab. It doesn't work for me, and has been broken in the last couple builds (well, at least the ones I've mentioned). Up and down still work, as well as hitting enter when you've highlighted a menu item, but if I'm browsing someplace (say 4chan) and I want to download an image (with no mouse), I usually use my touchpad to move the curser over it, right click, and then type k then enter, and then CTRL+W (if it was in a new tab, like i have a habit of doing for downloading tons of images). Then rinse and repeat.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2185 on: September 11, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »
Ah yeah, that's happening on my stable build as well.  Looks like they didn't assign any accelerators to those keys.

Really odd and, in all honesty, kind of sloppy.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2186 on: September 11, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »
Yeah. It used to work, too. And they still have the underlines on the keys, too.

It could have simply been something that got blasted when someone merged some code into the trunk or something. Regardless, I've opened an issue on their buglist.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2187 on: September 11, 2010, 05:06:52 PM »
Argh, one of the solder joints connections broke on my Ransainami Pop'n controller (it's a Ransai Pop'n controller with a Konami mini Pop'n controller board stuffed inside to replace the original, which failed in a spectacular fashion) while I was fixing its microswitches (some of the buttons were rapid-firing, so I took the switches completely apart, rebowed the springs, and put it all back together again -- usually buys me a few more months before I have to do it again...it's kept me from having to buy replacement switches for it, at any rate).

Shit sucks.  I hate soldering.

It could have simply been something that got blasted when someone merged some code into the trunk or something. Regardless, I've opened an issue on their buglist.

Yeah, probably.  Seems like it was a new feature with the dev branch, since none of the stable versions that I've used (5 and 6, most notably the latter) have that feature.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2188 on: September 11, 2010, 05:31:16 PM »
Well, considering that the dev tree is now at version 7, , and IIRC 6 came out not too long ago for stable, there are TONS of changes between dev and stable. I like seeing the changes they make to the dev tree.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2189 on: September 14, 2010, 05:37:56 PM »
Woo...moving things from a LAMP test server to a WAMP production server is a pain in the ass.

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if Joomla extension developers had a fucking clue and realized that some operating systems use a backslash as a path separator, NOT AS AN ESCAPE CHARACTER.  Ugh.  At least it's over.