Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 812897 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2385 on: May 29, 2011, 07:40:54 AM »
Less angry, more or less just wanting to rant about something.

From what I can tell, the major argument against gay marriage is that it's stated in the bible that two men cannot be married. I'm wondering how this is even a viable argument considering we have a separation of church and state.

I remembered the whole outcry panic people had when we had cafeteria food made kosher, but Muslim kosher, and how sharia law was seeing its way into America, yet no one seems to acknowledge how our right of a separation of church and state is being violated constantly. Every time someone claims this is a christian nation or that Obama is a secret muslim (not so much because I love him, but the fact that him being a muslim would be a negative) it makes me cringe. HOW can people misinterpretation a separation of church and state? They do these insane mental gymnastics so they can say they meant not taxing churches, but our legal system should clearly be based on their specific gods words.

The way I see it, people just pick up a religion they can loosely see eye to eye with, then they pick and choose which parts of said religion they want to follow and then they ignore the rest, but they will throw a fucking fit if you don't agree with whatever parts they like.

I also really get mad black and female religious people. The bible blatantly states that slavery is A OK and that women are second to men, yet they still follow along with it. I can see why black people would turn to religion (sort of stereotyping at this point, but whatever) but that fact still bothers me endlessly.

unsure if anyone reads my rants, but typing things out helps me think for some reason.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2386 on: June 04, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
It really gets on my tits when I'm in the middle of doing something mentally involving and someone just walks up to me and starts conversing with me.  True to form, it's usually a non-programmer or someone who doesn't understand how easily focus can be broken (not to be elitist, but there's a lot of people that don't realize how involving that can be -- they just see someone sitting in a chair and try to insist that it's "not real work") and how time it takes to recover from a one minute query.

I was (emphasis on the word "was") working on documenting the save format for Torchlight since nobody seems to have done it in any great detail to this point for some reason.  True to form, as soon as I get on a fucking roll I get hassled for five minutes.  Now I'm pissed off and, to top it off, I'll undoubtedly have to waste ten minutes trying to figure out where I left off.  I'm taking notes while I work, but when I get interrupted in the middle of a goddamn structure it's hard to recover from, especially since this is all serialized data (i.e. the file has a liquid structure -- you can't simply jump to a particular point and know what you're looking at without a lot of backtracking).

Is it really that hard to not fuck with someone when they have a hex editor running fullscreen?  Jesus.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2387 on: June 06, 2011, 06:43:44 AM »
Oh, damn, yeah that sucks.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: June 06, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
I just realized something. I think when my alarm goes off, I wake up half asleep, hit my alarm off, then go back to sleep as if nothing happened.

My school life is now falling apart. I'm doing fucking awful in one class because I can't finish in class writing assignments and I just missed my group project midterm in another due to me not getting up. Fuck.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2389 on: June 06, 2011, 04:52:03 PM »
Shit, that happened to me today, actually. My mom woke me up about 20 minutes before class.... It's at least a 30 minute drive there, let alone finding a parking spot, and getting ready to leave home.... And the class was a lab, which is scheduled for 2 hours but usually lasts half that t most.... There's no way in hell I was making it to class today :<

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: June 07, 2011, 05:27:37 AM »
I now see why my friend uses multiple alarms, I'm totally going to do the same.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2391 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
If only my alarm clock had multiple alarms...

Mind you, I only usually sleep through the alarm if I was REALLY tired when I went to sleep, and that night I basically got no sleep until 6 or 7 AM Monday morning.... I had class at 12, so I could have gotten away with it, but for some reason my body decided to sleep in (normally I'd be fine)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: June 07, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
I have mine go off every 3 minutes for an hour when I want to wake up, and I keep it across the room. I don't sleep through it, and I don't half-consciously turn it off either.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2393 on: June 07, 2011, 05:45:47 PM »
Hell, I don't usually get woke up by my alarm, I usually wake up earlier than it's set... But I sometimes really sleep in if I stay up ridiculously late the night before.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2394 on: June 09, 2011, 07:58:53 PM »
I now see why my friend uses multiple alarms, I'm totally going to do the same.

I use two cell phones -- my work iPhone 3G and my SIM-less G1.  If I *really* need to wake up, I set my alarm sound to my ringtone.  The urgency of an phone call has miraculous "get your ass up" abilities (of course, I don't use that as my daily alarm; that would dampen the effect for when I really need it).

One advantage of using a cell phone as a main, or even backup, alarm is that you don't have to worry about a surprise power outage killing your alarm settings.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 10, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »
I use two cell phones -- my work iPhone 3G and my SIM-less G1.  If I *really* need to wake up, I set my alarm sound to my ringtone.  The urgency of an phone call has miraculous "get your ass up" abilities (of course, I don't use that as my daily alarm; that would dampen the effect for when I really need it).

True shit. That always forces me out of bed.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2396 on: June 10, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »
Laptop GPU is dying.  Way to fucking go, NVIDIA.  This is yet another reason why I'm not buying your shit.  Best part about all of this is that the laptop has one of the "fixed" 7900 GS Go chips (you know, from when NVIDIA fucked up 3 whole generations of mobile GPUs) and it still died.  I've officially dealt with more dead NVIDIA GPUs than I have RRoDs because of the design flaw in the 6-8 series chips.  No joke.

I think I'm going to try to cook it when it stops firing up entirely.  I definitely can't afford a laptop right now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:19:38 PM by Spectere »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: June 12, 2011, 02:24:16 AM »
I use multiple alarms and have for a while, but my main Clock/radio one has 2 on it that blast the local hard rock station. When the first one of those goes off, its across the room so i have to get up, but my body has muscle-memory on how to turn off the 2nd alarm on that device. Then, I lay back down and have my ipod/phone go off as well a little bit later to get me fully awake haha. l
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2398 on: June 12, 2011, 02:34:02 AM »
I semi-fixed my laptop's GPU.  I was able to boot it into Windows a couple of times, but games would cause it to crash out pretty quickly.  It's showing graphical corruption again, so it's back to its old tricks.  At least I have a chance of getting it to work again, at least for a while (perhaps until I can afford to replace it).

My "solution" was to blast it with a heatgun.  I got it hot enough that the plastic covering the bottom of the heatsink bracket looked like this:

Looking back, wearing some kind of mask would have probably been a good idea.  Or, perhaps, getting that plastic off first.

I have to give Dell a ton of credit for that particular laptop design.  I've taken apart quite a few laptops, but I've never worked on one as intuitive as that one.  I don't know about the 15" models (not going to take apart my mom's E1505 unless I have a good reason to; I don't want her to have to be without the comforts of Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies ;)) but the two 17" models that I own (the Inspiron 9300 and the E1705) are absolutely incredible machines to work on.  Need to replace the keyboard?  Pop off the bezel, unscrew the keyboard, unplug the keyboard, put the new one in.  I've seen some designs -- I believe Sony was notorious for this -- that required you to strip the system to the motherboard just to replace the damn keyboard.

The best part is how easy it is to replace the CMOS battery if you need to.  This is something that escapes many laptop manufacturers, and is something that Dell made incredibly difficult on systems such as the Inspiron 1520 line (the 1520 and 1521 are pieces of shit, by the way -- that's when Dell decided that the Studio line would fill the role of the high-end Inspirons of yore).  In the case of the 9300 and E1705, all you have to do is lift up the keyboard and it's right effing there.  In most cases you have to physically remove the motherboard from the case.  Bizarre, really.

But anyway, that was a hell of a tangent.  I'm going to bed now.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: June 13, 2011, 02:05:41 AM »
Incredibly self righteously people. Maybe I'm being a hypocrite, but I've asked like 5 or so different people and they've all agreed with me.

Long story short, me and my friends watched a drunk girl and guy fight, the guy was obviously more sober and when he exits the gas station the girl slaps him in the face and he reacts by pushing her and her falling because she's drunk (she didn't seem hurt). He then man handles her back to his car and drives off.

A female friend there said we should have intervened and called her a taxi or possibly get into a fight with the guy. Everyone else (both male and female) said we were better off not getting involved and just letting him take her home to sober up. She still argued that we should have done something despite this, while talking over her boyfriend who she told to describe the story (she did most of this).

She also has this habit of sort of talking down to me (was talking on the phone with her, she made this comment that I used a big word when it was really a pretty normal one. I also used Mozambique to describe a place and she asked if I even knew were that was). Then again she did pay my way through this event we went to, which was pretty awesome.

Suppose most people aren't actually "bad". It's just easy to only see one side to a person and not see anything else. At least for me, fuck I hate being a cynic.