Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 814252 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1965 on: January 18, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
Agrered. I've also created another trial account, and sent a petition ingame with it (I mentioned the issue to the IDS in rookie help and they said I should probably make another petition, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try).

Still no response on the second web petition I created, and I  logged in just after the server came up this morning to check if there was a response to the ingame one, and nothing there either.

From what I've seen on the forums, and other eve related places, it looks like it might take weeks to get my count back. This does not please me. They damn well better reimburse me for the time it takes them to fuck around and get their shit together. I'm also not exactly happy about losing all this training time. I've already gotten to the point where things are gonna take a while to train to the next level (like, minimum 9 hours on the x1 stuff; even with LOTS of learning skills trained. I had 12 willpower and 11 perception), so missing a week or 2 is going to really put me behind in what I want.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1966 on: January 18, 2010, 11:15:07 PM »
let me try this again

uninstall mw2
unsubscribe from all mw2 related people on youtube
STOP PLAYING MW2
look for somebody locally to sell copy of mw2 too

i hate this game, i want to stop playing it, i hate it. 

you could go "ohh but you played it so much you don't really hate it"

yes i do, it's called being addicted, and it's easy when all of your friends play.  i do not like playing games in which i am angry 100% of the time even when i am doing good, this is one of those games. 

what's going to happen is im probably going to reinstall and keep playing, but what i hope happens is selling it to a bro whos xbox scratched up his copy, taking away my ability to play anymore. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 19, 2010, 01:24:59 AM »
yes i do, it's called being addicted, and it's easy when all of your friends play.  i do not like playing games in which i am angry 100% of the time even when i am doing good, this is one of those games.  

Sounds a lot like me and SF4, minus the addiction (well I did like it for a while).

I can sympathize, there seems to be a TON of rage inducing things in this game, which is one reason I didn't buy it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:43:48 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1968 on: January 19, 2010, 01:38:02 AM »
If I had a 360, I'd make you an offer, but the only next gen here is a tripple, and it's my brothers.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1969 on: January 20, 2010, 01:28:25 AM »
I can sympathize, there seems to be a TON of rage inducing things in this game, which is one reason I didn't buy it.

The PC port in and of itself is rage inducing, which is why I didn't buy it.

Not to say I haven't played it.  Considering the main fun that I have with CoD is in single player, I can't say I'm missing out by not getting Modern Warfare 2.

If I want to play a game with unbalanced perks, strange weapon balance, and the knack for severely crippling losing teams (hello bombers and helicopters...thank you for repeatedly killing me the second I spawn, and thank you, retarded kill cam, for rubbing that bullshit death in my face every time) -- not to mention a number of bugs that seem to randomly cause the file that contains your multiplayer level to get corrupted -- I'll play Modern Warfare 1.

At the very least, MW1 was a competent PC port with mostly-good multiplayer support (aside from the aforementioned issue which forced me to start from level 1 at least four times) and a decent single-player campaign.  MW2 runs like complete shit on the PC in pretty much every way, has crippled multiplayer*, and has one of the stupidest, most half-baked stories I've ever seen in a game that tries to take itself seriously.

*No mods?  Low per-server player caps?  No dedicated servers?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Aside from customizations, there are plenty of reasons that people have dedicated servers.  One being that residential connections simply don't do well with very many players, especially with bling like voice chat enabled.  Two being that being hosted at a server farm is a little bit better than the aforementioned connection.  Three being that no one player will have a 0ms ping.  Four being that listen servers are basically only good if you trust the person you're playing with.  Five being that servers in GOOD multiplayer games tend to be little communities, not unlike a forum.  Six being that kicking and banning douchebags and cheaters is trivial, not something that's put up to a vote.  Seven being that the host rage quitting doesn't bring the match to a standstill.  Eight being that players can come and go at will.

Fuck it, do I really need to go on?  Infinity Ward, do everyone a favor and get your console-inspired bullshit off the PC.  There's a good reason things are the way they are -- because they've been working great since 1996.  Your listen server bullshit has been around for just as long and, guess what, people don't use it unless they're just playing with friends.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1970 on: January 27, 2010, 11:23:20 PM »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 28, 2010, 03:39:15 AM »
Glad I don't live DOWN UNDAH.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1972 on: January 28, 2010, 07:13:01 AM »
Well, there's one country whose adult film industry I can't enter.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 30, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »
So I'm on steam, doing fine, and then suddenly it drops me and asks me to sign back up.Fun.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 30, 2010, 11:52:46 PM »
So I'm on steam, doing fine, and then suddenly it drops me and asks me to sign back up.Fun.

Its been doing that all damn day...I had some good kpd in TF2 and then I got killed due to Steam fucking up then my load out was gone so I had to restart Steam.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 31, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »
I sent them an e-mail about how I needed a new password AND  new email, so hopefully they get that sorted out quickly.

Also the ratings on their customer help page are fairly pathetic.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1976 on: January 31, 2010, 02:44:57 AM »
Today my debit card has been acting stupid. I've got like, $550+ in my account, yet when I pay, I get messages like "declined", "insufficient funds" or some other stupid message. But it worked once, when I payed for my parking when I went to get my headphones.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 31, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
Police officers that abuse their power or can't be bothered to do what the little people do (e.g. not using turn signals, weaving between lanes, speeding, blazing through red lights). I'm going to start taking down license numbers and reporting them, because they don't deserve any more leeway than the people who didn't choose a career in law enforcement. (Here's for hoping that actually does something...)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1978 on: January 31, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »
Man, you do not want to piss off the police. They can make your life hell (a friend's dad tried to do the same sort of thing, and the police basically harassed him and tried to get him for any possible law they could. It was bad.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1979 on: January 31, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »
Today my debit card has been acting stupid. I've got like, $550+ in my account, yet when I pay, I get messages like "declined", "insufficient funds" or some other stupid message.

That happens to me occasionally.  When that happens, using the card as debit rather than credit (i.e. where you have to punch in your pin) generally works, but banks typically charge a fee for using it like that.  Really annoying.

Police officers that abuse their power or can't be bothered to do what the little people do (e.g. not using turn signals, weaving between lanes, speeding, blazing through red lights). I'm going to start taking down license numbers and reporting them, because they don't deserve any more leeway than the people who didn't choose a career in law enforcement. (Here's for hoping that actually does something...)

They usually have a good reason for doing that.  If they're responding to a silent alarm or trying to sneak up on someone they can't put their sirens on or they'd risk (especially in the case of silent alarms) alerting the people that they're trying to surprise.

I guarantee you, I know a few cops and they certainly don't run red lights because they feel like it.
"This is a machine for making cows."