The Chatterbox > Gaming

Beginning to translate the script for a game... [UPDATED]

(1/2) > >>

Bobbias:
I've decided that to try to learn some more japanese, and to find something to do when I'm bored, and have free time (which is VERY often), I'm going to try to translate the script to the Shakugan no Shana DS game. I'm looking for people to help with any part of it. I'm looking for anyone (kulli?) to help translate, as well as people to proofread the scripts and such to make sure I've got no spelling mistakes and such. Then I'm going to look for people who may be able to hack the game, and insert the translation. I doubt it'll ever get that far, but I'd really like to at least provide people a starting point, because I'm not sure that this game will ever make it to the US.

Zakamiro:
Why?

Bobbias:
A) I want to learn more japanese, B) I've always wanted to translate a game, C) This game is not likely to ever get translated unless Shakugan no Shana becomes a lot more popular than it is, D) I want to play the game.

Enough reasons?

Also, anyone who could help me locate the script in the game or do any other hacking should help out too.

Alice:

--- Quote from: Zakamiro on September 25, 2007, 05:16:34 AM ---Why?

--- End quote ---

because he can

Bobbias:

--- Quote from: Kuroneko on September 26, 2007, 12:52:16 AM ---because he can

--- End quote ---

Well, I hope I can anyway, lol. I've made some headway. I know what most of the files are (videos), I know what files the text tiles are in, and I know that most of the files were compressed with LZ77, which I now have decompressed. Now I need to figure out where the script is, extract it, and get it translated and reinserted. (no need to hack the text tiles because the english letters are defined as well)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version