Author Topic: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.  (Read 650107 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.
« Reply #1935 on: December 24, 2011, 06:05:05 AM »
just won like 30 bucks because my friend kept getting drunk and betting he could beat me in COD sticks and stones.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1936 on: December 24, 2011, 06:09:45 PM »
J
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 07:15:23 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 28, 2011, 08:21:37 AM »
I just came to the realization that all the people I have a problem with are pretty much out of my life, and that's pretty sweet.

Also spec, this isn't exactly related but this guy does a pretty goddamn good job breaking down the first two Castelvania games

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 28, 2011, 12:35:59 PM »
My girlfriend comes into today * :D  It is going to be a good day ^-^

*FIXD
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:50:20 PM by OmegaOmni »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1939 on: December 28, 2011, 02:42:02 PM »
I just came to the realization that all the people I have a problem with are pretty much out of my life, and that's pretty sweet.

Also spec, this isn't exactly related but this guy does a pretty goddamn good job breaking down the first two Castelvania games

Haha that video was awesome, man.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 28, 2011, 04:59:29 PM »
His Megaman video is also great, he does a great job of pointing out what makes the game good and doing it in an entertaining way. Hell, I even prefer the RPG Castelvanias and I love that video.

My girlfriend comes into :D

I read that as "my girlfriend comes into me". No judgement man.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1941 on: December 28, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
I only tried the original castlevania on an emulator, and that doesn't make it any easier, so I've never been heavily into the castlevania games, but the music is totally badass, and I have a feeling I'd prefer the RPG ones too, but he does make some damned good points, and he manages to do that without being overly offensive about it, despite being quite opinionated, which is really hard to do.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1942 on: December 29, 2011, 12:10:38 AM »

Okay, that video pretty much reminded me of why I love Egoraptor. Thanks for the link!

In other news, I'm typing this on my new iPad (and the above is the first video that I watched on it). Boo yeah. Rerave and Jukebeat are actually fun now! It's kind of weird that I can actually type sort of normally on a touchscreen, too.

Edit: I've been quoted!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:24:57 AM by Spectere »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:57 PM »
I only tried the original castlevania on an emulator, and that doesn't make it any easier, so I've never been heavily into the castlevania games, but the music is totally badass, and I have a feeling I'd prefer the RPG ones too, but he does make some damned good points, and he manages to do that without being overly offensive about it, despite being quite opinionated, which is really hard to do.

The music is amazing, but you really should find a way to play some of the RPG games (they're some of my favorites, and I've never grinded in them in order to beat one). Aria of Sorrow and Symphony of the Night are both goddamn amazing (despite SOTN having some problems, it still has this
).

So yeah, try em.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1944 on: January 05, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »
My Internet connection doesn't totally suck now!  Yay!

Earlier I managed 24mbps down and 1mbps up.  This is up from 5mbps down and 512kbps up.  The latter might not seem too horrid, but there's a noticeable difference in load times between the two.  Our current Time Warner connection feels snappy, even when loading regular web pages.  The old AT&T connection at times felt more sluggish than my AT&T cellular data connection, which is just pitiful.  I also used to get faster rates and more consistent performance by tethering my phone when I was still on T-Mobile (6.7mbps down, 768kbps up on 3G).

It's a shame, as the DSL in this area used to be decent when SBC still controlled it.  As far as I can tell, AT&T basically bought them out and threw a bunch of new people at the network without making an attempt to increase the bandwidth pool.  It's so obvious that it's a neglected division in AT&T; their cellular network is actually pretty decent now.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 11, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »
Picked up a hardware VGA->S-video (VGA, composite) adapter for $20 (after shipping). Best piece of specialized hardware I've picked up in a long time. I can finally get Andamiro's Pump It Up games running on our cabinet + flatscreen TV!

Also, Mass Effect 2 on PC in the living room is pretty nice. I may buy a separate one down the road for the PC upstairs; I don't actually want to give it up to the arcade cabinet. :D

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1946 on: January 12, 2012, 06:21:29 AM »
Lucky bastard!

I loved PIU the bit that I played it years ago. The 5 panel design feels more natural than DDR for me.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1947 on: January 13, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
No idea where this should go (Happy or angry).

I've decided to play around with the idea of doing some graphical game programming, and I've been looking at using C# with Tao SDL and OpenGL...

Well, things work (for the most part) but I'v had to do some really funky stuff. A lot of the code I'm using at the moment was lifted from a tutorial and slightly modified by me, and I'm now trying to figure out how to render text using SDL_TTF....

Here's a line that loads a font... I didn't even know about System.Runtime.InteropServices until this stuff... Thank god my intuition was right ant these lines match lines I found earlier in the tutorial, because there's no way on earth I'd have figured this out entirely on my own.
Code: [Select]
IntPtr fontptr = SdlTtf.TTF_OpenFont("c:\windows\fonts\calibri.ttf",12);
SdlTtf.TTF_Font font = (SdlTtf.TTF_Font)Marshal.PtrToStructure(fontptr,typeof(SdlTtf.TTF_Font));

I'd always wondered how you worked with pointers to structures and such in c#, since it has so many limitations on how pointers can be used, since they're not really supposed to be used unless absolutely needed.

It's too bad I can't use inline assembly instructions in C# though, my friends are using some inline assembly for using MMX instructions for some number crunching for OGL, since OGL's built in stuff seems to be slower (and those inline assembly segments are retardedly simple)

Hopefully I can get this SDL_TTF stuff working nicely with opengl in this thing, most of what I'm going on is either SDL_TTF without OGL in c# or SDL_TTF with OGL in C++, which is a bit different thanks to Tao.

EDIT: This shit is driving me mad, lol. It's so hard to figure out how to make this stuff work with no real OGL experience, since I've been basically translating and modifying a C++/CLI piece of code and trying to make it work with code from the original tutorial I started with. My brain hurts D:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:04:07 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1948 on: January 14, 2012, 04:00:12 AM »
Okay, if you have to do that, they have completely failed at writing a managed library. Holy hell. Seriously, if you're using C# you're probably better off using XNA, FlatRedBall, or something similar.

As for not being able to use inline assembly, I'm glad that it isn't even an option in the CLR because it's high time most programmers started moving away from that. You may envy your friends for being able to use MMX right now, but the world is leaving them behind. ARM processors rule the world now. Targeting specific platforms is very 90's. Even John Carmack doesn't use it anymore, and he always tried to squeeze as much out of processors as he could. He's even using C++ now.

There just comes a point where portability and convenience is far more important than an imperceivable performance increase. We've passed that point a few years ago. You're far better off learning about multithreading than learning MMX, since that applies just as much to the non-x86 world.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1949 on: January 15, 2012, 09:03:08 AM »
Yeah, but why the hell is the equivalent OGL function slower to the point of making a noticeable impact. All my friends were doing was a MOVW and a PADDUSW or something... Basically it was just a parallel packed add command for adding some vectors.

Also, I don't know much about working with XNA, but I know XNA is kinda dying (it's technically part of directx, and directx is being merged into the Win8 API, meaning that there's been a code freeze for ages, and much of XNA is likely going to be abandoned rather than added to the Win8 graphics API). I'm trying to avoid DX because the API is fucking retarded at times, and Managed DX is pretty horrible.

Never heard of FladRedBall. Also, I've only had to use  lines like that a few times, and it's just for times when it's extremely difficult to port over the C++ functionality into C#. It's actually not that hard to do, or figure out when it's needed.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x