Author Topic: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.  (Read 650558 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.
« Reply #510 on: June 08, 2008, 12:13:58 AM »
Try sorting 13 skids taller than I am of stuff, and then stocking 220 cases of crap, tossing all partial (or sometimes full) cases of stuff onto a canopy taller than you are. Lifting boxes 40+ lbs above your heard repeatedly is not what I would call fun.

Yes, because moving fully loaded entertainment centers with heavy CRT TVs in them on deep pile carpet is easy.

My point (that you obviously missed) is: bitching about your job is one thing, but don't even try to spout that "OH SPECTERE DOESN'T DO ANY PHYSICAL WORK LOL" bullshit.  You obviously don't know what I do so quit trying to compare things to it.

And please don't act as though I've never worked stock.  I've done it.  I've helped sort out huge deliveries of big heavy boxes and made minimum wage while doing it.  I've walked through a store with two 50-pound dog food bags over my shoulders and I'd much rather do that than the physical work that I have to do on this job.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #511 on: June 08, 2008, 12:21:43 AM »
*sniffle*

no fights plz.  <3

actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

vladgd

« Reply #512 on: June 08, 2008, 12:31:43 AM »
well to keep with the recent tone of happy...

my tldr in the lamest threads explains it well, but i played the ninja gaiden 2 demo, and it was fucking fun.

vidyas that are fucking fun a happy vladgd make.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #513 on: June 09, 2008, 12:32:29 AM »
My friend gave me a PS1 emulator and FF7, 8, and 9, so I can finally play those games that I've been missing out on since the dawn of ever. I've only ever played up to FF6, and from what I hear, 7 and 9 are good, and 8 was 'kay. Also I finally get to play Chrono Cross, even though I heard mixed things about it, I'm still dying to play it.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 09, 2008, 12:59:49 AM »
I just graduated. FUCK HIGH SCHOOL!

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #515 on: June 10, 2008, 03:55:36 AM »
Wow, Vista doesn't completely pester you to install updates.  Amazing.

I've had the little update icon sitting in my systray all day and it only came up with a balloon once, when it initially appeared.  I might actually keep automatic updates on (with the "download and ask to install" option selected, of course) in this installation!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #516 on: June 10, 2008, 07:43:36 AM »
Nice, I've been pissed at how annoying XP is about this crap. Especially when it's like "You've updated, restart your computer" every 5 minutes.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #517 on: June 10, 2008, 07:48:55 AM »
oh dear LORD, I know.

The restarting stuff doesn't bother me as much, because usually when I install the updates I have every intention of going all the way.  What bugs me about XP is how it constantly popped up with "HEY DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE UPDATES?" "REMEMBER, YOU HAVE UPDATES!" "WE NEED TO KEEP POPPING UP THIS BALLOON" shut up shut up SHUT UP.  It's like you'd wind up telling it to INSTALL THE FUCKING UPDATES DAMNIT just to get it to shut up, then it would start nagging you about restarting.

So uh, yeah, add that to my list of favorite Vista features.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #518 on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:41 AM »
Yeah, well, restarting this computer is a PAIN, and for the most part, updates running without restarting isn't a big issue, I figure I'll install the updates, forget about it, and the next time the computer crashes/freezes etc. and I need to reboot, it'll finish the process.

But yes, the nagging is a PAIN. Right now I've got a program that hides those little icons down there (completely, so you don't see them when you click the "expand" button, either) hiding the update icon, and a couple others, so since the icon isn't there, I don't get the balloons either.

Oh, and why the fuck does fading a balloon in take so much damn processor time. If I'm playing something like Stepmania or some other time critical/framerate critical game, and a balloon pops up, the game's FPS goes to shit. That fucks me up REALLY bad in Stepmania, and annoys the fuck out of me in other games.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #519 on: June 10, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »
Restarting my system is a pain, too.  I always have a bunch of things open.

That said, power outages are a pain, too, and my area seems to have them in droves.  We just had one earlier -- that would be the second one in two weeks.  Ridiculous.

I think the balloon (or other popups, like the "download complete" box in Firefox) lag the system out so much (in full screen mode, anyway) because they're drawing a 2D surface over a 3D surface.  I don't seem to recall having any issues when SM was windowed in XP.

Oh, amusing thing to do in Vista (with Aero enabled): put SM in a window, move the window off of the screen so that you can't see it, mouse over the StepMania entry in the taskbar, and play it using the window preview.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #520 on: June 10, 2008, 05:31:44 PM »
oh dear LORD, I know.

The restarting stuff doesn't bother me as much, because usually when I install the updates I have every intention of going all the way.  What bugs me about XP is how it constantly popped up with "HEY DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE UPDATES?" "REMEMBER, YOU HAVE UPDATES!" "WE NEED TO KEEP POPPING UP THIS BALLOON" shut up shut up SHUT UP.  It's like you'd wind up telling it to INSTALL THE FUCKING UPDATES DAMNIT just to get it to shut up, then it would start nagging you about restarting.

So uh, yeah, add that to my list of favorite Vista features.

Yeah, well, restarting this computer is a PAIN, and for the most part, updates running without restarting isn't a big issue, I figure I'll install the updates, forget about it, and the next time the computer crashes/freezes etc. and I need to reboot, it'll finish the process.

But yes, the nagging is a PAIN. Right now I've got a program that hides those little icons down there (completely, so you don't see them when you click the "expand" button, either) hiding the update icon, and a couple others, so since the icon isn't there, I don't get the balloons either.

Oh, and why the fuck does fading a balloon in take so much damn processor time. If I'm playing something like Stepmania or some other time critical/framerate critical game, and a balloon pops up, the game's FPS goes to shit. That fucks me up REALLY bad in Stepmania, and annoys the fuck out of me in other games.

Restarting my system is a pain, too.  I always have a bunch of things open.

That said, power outages are a pain, too, and my area seems to have them in droves.  We just had one earlier -- that would be the second one in two weeks.  Ridiculous.

I think the balloon (or other popups, like the "download complete" box in Firefox) lag the system out so much (in full screen mode, anyway) because they're drawing a 2D surface over a 3D surface.  I don't seem to recall having any issues when SM was windowed in XP.

Oh, amusing thing to do in Vista (with Aero enabled): put SM in a window, move the window off of the screen so that you can't see it, mouse over the StepMania entry in the taskbar, and play it using the window preview.

well to keep with the recent tone of happy...

. . .

vidyas that are fucking fun a happy vladgd make.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #521 on: June 10, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »
Okay, THAT was fucking funny. <3

vladgd

« Reply #522 on: June 10, 2008, 06:31:37 PM »
being as i am playing the final fantasy anthology, i remembered i had an old copy of expert gamer which had a guide of sorts on the anthology.

so since i don't throw anything out, i went to the basement and dug out ISSUE 65, complete with guides for final fantasy anthology, suikoden 2, dino crisis, soul calibur, and crash team racing.

this magazine was released in november of 1999, boy was gaming differant back then, so yea, nostalgic gaming + nostalgic gaming coverage = worthy of posting in this thread

not to mention, getting guides for current games back then, when the internet wasn't too popular (this was before i had DIAL UP), getting a magazine chock full of gaming information was almost as kickass as getting a new game.

SO...MUCH....NOSTALGIA....MUST...BUILD....TIME...machine...so..i can be a young gamer playing...playstation and n64...in middle school..again.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_gamer

*edit*

to add, when expert gamer turned into gamenow, back in the day when egm and gamenow used the gamers.com forums, i made a thread raving about the gba sp, and it was published in an issue of gamenow (with all of my typos fixed i may add, this was WAYY back when, when i used leetspeak to communicate on the internets)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:10:23 PM by vladgd »

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 10, 2008, 09:45:35 PM »
Eleven days until I arrive in Pittsburgh!

My grandma was going through grandpa's old things today (he died last year) and was making a rather large charity pile. Mom was checking her stuff and found grandpa's prized laptop in the pile. She asked if I could have it (since I had been shopping for one), and well, she said sure!

Needlessly said, I have been dancing wildly around the house like a squirrel on coffee since then.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #524 on: June 10, 2008, 11:14:50 PM »
Needlessly said, I have been dancing wildly around the house like a squirrel on coffee since then.

O.o

Vidz plz.