Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249314 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #675 on: November 14, 2010, 01:19:52 AM »
Oh lawl, didn't see this.

Christ. What sort of DPS were you getting?

I was able to effortlessly get 9-10k without knowing what the hell I was doing.  A half-decent warrior should be able to beat that without a problem.

Edit: Just made myself a minimalist auction house alt UI (click to enlarge):

I like how Pitbull lets me put the portrait inside of the health bar.  Very stylish.  I don't really even need the health bars to be there, but whatever.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:29:42 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #676 on: November 14, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »
ArkInventory, and Auctioneer, nice.

What sort of work was involved in making that UI, anyway?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #677 on: November 14, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »
Not a lot.  I just heavily stripped down my standard UI.

I use Dominos on my main UI for my action bars.  In the AH layout, I hid all of the bars except for bar 5, since in all of my toons I keep my hearth in the last slot on that bar.  I did that for consistency, so that I could theoretically convert any toon into an AH alt.

I use PitBull for my unit and raid frames, so doing that was just a matter of reducing the information down to nil.  The unit frames are basically just giant health bars that are only there to show who my current target is.  I have party frames listed under mine as well, just in case.

ArkInventory is essential.  It's painful to play without that addon.  I use the same profile that I use on all of my other toons just to keep it consistent.

I'd be dumb not to use Auctioneer.

I disabled most of the mods that I have no use for (i.e. Omen, Recount, Clique, Atlas, Carbonite, etc) using Addon Control Panel.  This also lets me easily convert other toons to AH alts, since I can save different UI sets.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #678 on: November 14, 2010, 08:33:05 PM »
Apparently my girlfriend used to play the AH without auctioneer... And made good money at it too :S That is so much more work than using Auctioneer. Seriously, that and ArkInventory are both God Level addons, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #679 on: November 14, 2010, 10:10:20 PM »
I made a ton of money before I started using Auctioneer.  As long as you play the market intelligently you can easily turn some nice profits.

The nicest part about Auctioneer is that it lets you easily see market trends.  Also, the appraiser interface is fantastic for selling mass quantities of goods.

Kulli

« Reply #680 on: November 14, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »
Apparently my girlfriend used to play the AH without auctioneer... And made good money at it too :S

I made a ton of money before I started using Auctioneer.  As long as you play the market intelligently you can easily turn some nice profits.

...but how much?

I can't log into my char atm, but I've probably made at least 60k+ through the AH.

/mild epeen

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #681 on: November 14, 2010, 11:17:48 PM »
No damned clue. She didn't play it for that long (well, she played for like, most of a year, or something), and it's been a while since she "retired".

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #682 on: November 15, 2010, 12:29:16 AM »
...but how much?

Blah, I dunno.  Not as much as most, probably, but more than enough for all of my mounts before artisan flying.

I've been making quite a bit lately because I've been hitting the market pretty hard.  I made probably 5k in the last week.  I know I have a ways to go before hitting 60k, lawl.

Kulli

« Reply #683 on: November 15, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »
Keep at it, yo. I made enough to get the 50+ mount achieve, all versions of the strength DPS Dalaran ring, almost every BSing pattern in the game back in BC (then I dropped BS for awhile, lol), etc...and I did it all with no farming alts, and I still have over 20k gold.

Yeah, I'm probably going to play in Cata. I love seeing how rich I can get (more than any other aspect of the game, actually)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #684 on: November 15, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »
It's hard to say with me because I've been pulling from the same pool of gold for so long.  I have the 50 mount achievement on my DK and fully gemmed and enchanted gear on my DK and priest.  I also leveled cooking to 400+ on my DK without actually gathering any mats or finding recipes.

It definitely helped that I really didn't pay out much gold for gear.  I paid for a titansteel destroyer on my DK before the finder came out and made gearing up a joke, but aside from that, emblems were easy to get when I seriously started working on gearing myself up.  Aside from buying gems (since I took up alchemy, it's more like "buying a blue gem, transmuting, and tipping a jewelcrafter," but I digress) and tipping for enchants, I basically got all of my gear for free.  I never paid for BoEs or anything, I just geared up from ToTC25 (one of my trinkets), VoA, frost emblems, and ICC10/25.  That alone saved me quite a bit of gold; I remember seeing how pricey the Dalaran rings are.

Oh, I also have the gigantique bag, so I don't have a problem with blowing lots of gold for achievements, apparently.

So I guess I did pretty well for myself, all in all.  I think at my peak I had about 10k gold between my toons.  Right now, on my main realm, I have about 7k total at the moment.  I used some of it to found a bank guild ("CowMart Inc"), which has proven to be insanely useful when it comes to leveling my toons.  Having a shared bank is niiiiiiiiice.

Kulli

« Reply #685 on: November 15, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
Having a shared bank is niiiiiiiiice.

For some reason, I never thought of a personal guild bank this way. I always thought it was for cases where you had too much money :|

AND PATCH 4.0.3. is coming out tomorrow, so I guess I'll be resubbing...and making a personal gbank lol

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #686 on: November 15, 2010, 05:19:53 PM »
For some reason, I never thought of a personal guild bank this way. I always thought it was for cases where you had too much money :|

It's cheap in the early stages (the first few tabs are are fairly cheap and have 98 slots each) so it's a nice way to share ingredients.  I can also load it up with gold that I can use to level my various toons and do repairs, so that I don't have to keep a lot of gold on any specific toon.

I also have one tab saved for accumulating goods that I want to auction off.

AND PATCH 4.0.3. is coming out tomorrow, so I guess I'll be resubbing...

Oh god, seriously? :o

Shit is definitely going down on the servers (ELEMENTALS RUINING SHIT OMG), so I guess it's not too surprising.

and making a personal gbank lol

XD

If you want a free signature, let me know.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #687 on: November 15, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »
Fuck, personal gbank is the coolest idea ever, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 15, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

so no zul'gurub tiger mount for me i guess :<

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/