Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249077 times)

Kulli

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #750 on: December 12, 2010, 06:54:18 PM »
My guild disbanded before we had the opportunity.

o

Most healers are shitty.  What's new?

At least this weeds out the ones who can't do more than cast one spell over and over again.

[more stuff about healers]

I tried to heal in late Wrath in blues and a few epics. It was definitely a lot more than what you're saying.

The thing is, Blizzard already separated PvP and PvE for the most part when Wrath came out.  I could see having to run BC dungeons, because I distinctly recall PvP gear dropping from them.  The only thing that's connected is the ability to occasionally get honor from dungeons (though I think that's only a Wintergrasp/Northrend thing) and the ability to get started with PvP by buying lower level gear from the emblem vendors.

The only time I could see having to raid for PvP gear is if you're doing VoA or, presumably, the one in Tol Borad.  Outside of that, I can't see the need.

This is untrue. There were many times where stuff you could get from 5-mans (or raids) were even better than PvP gear (mostly trinkets; otherwise it was usually related to 2pc T9/10.) And no, you didn't get PvP gear from BC dungeons (unless you count that one resil ring from Ramps as "PvP".) You did, however, have to grind reps like Honor Hold and Keepers of Time for the blue starter PvP gear.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:56:10 PM by Aa »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #751 on: December 12, 2010, 07:40:38 PM »
I hate dragon slaying; what can I say? My loves are PvP and the AH. Yet, sometimes I need to go into 5-mans (or even raids) for something, and when I do, I prefer it really easy. PvE is almost never fun, and anything that can get me out quicker is the best.

This explains everything. I'm a PvE player, so I'm going to be biased for dungeons being interesting. But just because your biased and don't want to deal with it doesn't mean that that's how the game should be.

And by the way, I have been playing on and off on private servers (blizzlike rates only, I HATE bullshit instant 80 shit), and I've had to solo dungeons and instances for half decent gear.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #752 on: December 12, 2010, 07:49:31 PM »
I tried to heal in late Wrath in blues and a few epics. It was definitely a lot more than what you're saying.

I did exaggerate, yeah, but literally every healing class I've played beside my priest (most notably druids) hardly took any effort.

Healing was incredibly easy in Wrath aside from the occasional spikes in some of the endgame stuff.  The part that really sucked is that my overheals were out of control without me even trying or, for that matter, exerting my mana pool.  There is no doubt that the system was broken.

This is untrue. There were many times where stuff you could get from 5-mans (or raids) were even better than PvP gear (mostly trinkets; otherwise it was usually related to 2pc T9/10.) And no, you didn't get PvP gear from BC dungeons (unless you count that one resil ring from Ramps as "PvP".) You did, however, have to grind reps like Honor Hold and Keepers of Time for the blue starter PvP gear.

I don't PvP much, so I'm mainly going based on what I've done with my priest.  The vendor PvP gear seemed pretty good from what I've seen, but it probably depends on what class you're playing and how much of X, Y and Z stat that you need to stack.

And yeah, anything with resilience is pretty much PvP now, even if the gear sucks.  Not sure if you've messed with 4.0 much, but resil doesn't do anything outside of PvP now.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Kulli

« Reply #753 on: December 12, 2010, 08:06:36 PM »
The vendor PvP gear seemed pretty good from what I've seen, but it probably depends on what class you're playing and how much of X, Y and Z stat that you need to stack.

Casters (and to a lesser extent, healers) wore as much haste gear as they could get without dropping too low resil-wise, and warriors (and other ArP stacking classes/specs) wore as much ArP as they could without dropping too low resil-wise. This led to situations like full PvE gear warrior + double healer, which could basically kill full-resil geared players in a Bladestorm if they were lucky.

So yeah,

There were many times where stuff you could get from 5-mans (or raids) were even better than PvP gear (mostly trinkets; otherwise it was usually related to 2pc T9/10.)

By the way, this video basically sums up Wrath PvP. And this sums up Season 8.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:08:44 PM by Aa »

Kulli

« Reply #754 on: December 12, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »
Double post because I am an admin.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gundrak/junsa/advanced I was so close to 31k, too Q_Q

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 12, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »

Kulli

« Reply #756 on: December 12, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
http://fanboys-online.com/

Relevant.

It's oversimplified, but mostly true. I laughed.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #757 on: December 12, 2010, 10:04:56 PM »
The draw to us is leveling characters and not being miserable for 60 levels. The draw to blizzard is having people come back and enjoying classic leveling for probably the first time in the game

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #758 on: April 30, 2011, 04:36:07 AM »
lolbump

Really close to getting my first seasonal event title.  Nobel, in this case.  It's the little things in life...

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #759 on: November 09, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
Panda monks. Discuss. </slowpoke>

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 10, 2011, 01:13:06 AM »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 10, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
what about the pokemans?

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 10, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
WoW is running out of ideas....Wouldn't surprise me if the Panda was specialized in Kung-fu.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #763 on: November 10, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
what about the pokemans?

Very intriguing, especially since I'm a companion collector.  I haven't read up on it too much, though.

WoW is running out of ideas....Wouldn't surprise me if the Panda was specialized in Kung-fu.

They've been going strong for 8 years.  There's only so much they can do to keep it fresh.

I have to hand it to them, though, they have a lot of ideas for the Pandarians considering they were originally conceived as an April Fools' gag.  I also like how you can actually join a faction.

I really hope they increase the number of character slots per realm.  If I have to find another realm specifically for my monk, I'm going to be a sad panda (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck me that was dumb).

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 10, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »
LMAO!