Author Topic: Mandatory console debate  (Read 9565 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Mandatory console debate
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 01:17:58 PM »
Now as far as PS2 controllers go, I have two of them that are missing critical functionality (one has a near-dead X button and the other has flaky trigger buttons and a totally dead motor) despite being used significantly less and treated quite a lot better.  That makes a whole lot of sense. :/  I'm glad I don't use my PS2 for anything other than Bemani for the most part.  I don't think my replacement controllers would be able to handle getting held for more than five minutes.

Rofl, aside from when I damaged the rubber padding on the joysticks, my PS2 controllers are in good condition, and they haven't really been treated all that nicely either.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
My PS2s shoulders are starting to get shitty, but I have played the thing for a damn long time (3 or 4 years) and I've only gone threw like 2 controllers.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 03:34:47 PM »
I'm still on my original controllers, and my PS2 is pretty old.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 01:27:40 PM »
The facts are that the PS3's first year aren't much different than Microsoft's. I don't seem to recall massive amounts of games (other than previous-gen ports) on the 360 in its first year. So why does Sony get such a bad rap for "not having any games"? There are plenty of games, IMO, that make the PS3 a great purchase. Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Resistance: Fall of Man, Oblivion, The Eye of Judgement, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction...along with any sports games you like, and a bevy of upcoming titles like Guitar Hero 3, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat, Haze, MGS4:Sons of the Patriots, Killzone 2, Littlebigplanet, Devil May Cry 4,etc. So where's that "no games" comment really valid in this argument?

Not a bad point, tho some of the games he lists are kinda meh.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 09:54:18 PM »
BUMP for better way to list my shit.

Wii-I own one, it's alright. Dying to pick up UR MR GAY, BWII, and Fire emblem. (haven't played any of the cube ones). Hopefully Nintendo can get shit together and get sum 3rd party support. Also people complaining about it appealing to casualfags and also loving the PS/2 have no clue what there talking about. 

360-Friend has it, getting a decent PC for school so I'm either waiting for a price drop and to see exactly which games for it are exclusive.

PS3-Meh, nothing that interests me besides warcock and MGS4.

PC-Mostly for shootan and some other shit. Current one is shit and I'm waiting to get a new one so I can play orange bawks.

Hand held-I've only bought a GBA, and it was kick ass. Don't care for anything else.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 12:43:43 AM »
I've owned every Nintendo handheld since the GBC and a GBA:SP and DS is pretty much the best combination you can get if you have classic games and still want to play the new stuff (unless you desperately need, say, the GBC's iR port).

The PSP is a great handheld if you want flexibility.  With most PSPs, you can soft mod them using no more than a copy of Lumines or GTA:LCS; some can even be soft modded with nothing more than a memory stick and a specially prepared "picture" file.  Its game collection isn't the best, but it does have some real winners, especially as far as music games go.  That aside, you can't beat the homebrew.
"This is a machine for making cows."