The Chatterbox > Gaming

Disgaea 5

(1/4) > >>

Bobbias:
So, the GF and I got a Switch for christmas. We got Zelda, Bomberman, and Disgaea. I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm enjoying the hell out of Disgaea. Anyone else here play any Disgaea games? Got some tips for someone who's highest leveled character is only lvl 40?

vladgd:
I have been intrigued in the series for a while but never really got my toes wet.

I actually literally wanted to hold out on Disgaea 5 specifically for whenever I get a switch. Which I'm holding out on an upgraded version with more than 32mb storage...I have the lower model of my phone and I have 64gb, the higher one had double that, GET WITH THE TIMES NINTENDO.

So most I played was getting to the title screen of the PC version of the first game...and playing 2-3 hours of La Pucelle Tactics, which I think is like Disgaea before Disgaea existed.

Haven't found the time or attention span to sink serious hours into any of them though.

Spectere:
I'm honestly surprised I haven't made a thread about this, especially considering I've had a Prinny as my Twitter avatar for a few months now. :P

I ended up getting Disgaea 5 when I got my Switch as well. It's literally the perfect platform for a game like that. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, where I feel like I'm in way over my head but I'm still having a ton of fun with it. D5 is the only one I've played at length. I played one of the PSP really briefly (Disgaea 3, I want to say?) but it didn't really grab me then.

Bobbias:
I love how complex it is, and how so far I haven't struggled to play through the story despite being rather bad at tactics games. But I definitely feel like I need to figure out how to improve my leveling efficiency, even at this low level.

Spectere:
Then there's the sheer number of things to level.

As far as I can tell, the idea behind item leveling and such is to make it so that you can make the game as easy as you want. It doesn't seem like it's strictly mandatory (as opposed to character leveling, which definitely is), at least not at the point that I'm at.

Guh, I need to start playing this again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version