Author Topic: Spike TV VGAs  (Read 3586 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Spike TV VGAs
« on: November 09, 2007, 02:51:58 PM »
http://www.ifilm.com/show/23733

Evidently sponsored by Microsoft, considering halo 3 is in 5 or 6 categories, that and twilight princes and wii sports is up their with some games that haven't even been released yet.

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: Spike TV VGAs
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »
Hahaha so terrible. Game of the Year is just whatever big came out on the 360. And Mass Effect isn't out for two weeks. I mean, I know the game is amazing but if you're going to be throwing around games that don't exist yet, Mario Galaxy should definitely be in there too.

Also, the category "Most Addictive Game Fueled by Dew" should give you the biggest tip towards how worthless the Spike TV VGA's are.

Ahahaha the picture they show for Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP is the picture for FFTA2 for the DS.

Way to go Best Rhythm Game category. Guitar Hero 80's AND Guitar Hero 3. Uhh...multiple DDR games, a PIU game and probably some others came out. Oh sorry. Everyone needs to suck off Guitar Hero some more.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 03:46:40 PM by Eggman »

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 04:01:59 PM »
Yeah I know eh? The whole big fad with guitar hero is starting to annoy me.
It annoys me because of the fact that the only thing they'll play is guitar hero itself, and they've never even HEARD of any other music rythm game in their life. I don't know how guitar hero even dragged all those new people into the music gaming world. I dunno why it even pisses me off so much, I guess its just the fact that a single simple game gets so much credit from a bunch of losers, rather than the REAL music gamers, who know whats actually good, and what isn't.
I DO play the game, but its just like you said, "sucking off guitar hero" and thats exactly whats going on. A new simple ass game, is no different than like, DJMax for example, and DJMax is 192780391287309127803 times better than guitar hero. Its just because its on a piece of shit plastic guitar model that people think its cool.
*Sigh* I dunno, half the stuff i'm rambling on about probably dosen't make sence cause I'm at work and in the middle of a call right now, but you guys get what I mean.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 04:18:47 PM »
ANOTHER thing thats starting to piss me off is now i'm finding some music gamers at my work as well. They play DDR and what not.
Just the other day, someone had stepmania setup in our cafeteria, and he had the dancepads and shit setup.
Well, I tell him to get some of the quality simfiles that hes got downloaded, and lemme play a couple on the keyboard.
So he loads up some noob ass simfile pack, that he thinks are "hard files" but they're nothing but a bunch of retarded files that are HORRIBLY sync'd. So I play one...start playing, and hes got those ri-goddamn-diculus background videos playing (you know, the ones that scroll UP WITH THE ARROWS at the same time, and you can't see shit) and I'm like, What the fuck is this? Turn the shit off. And he starts going on about "oh if you play with the videos on, you'll get better and get used to them after a while, thats the skill of the game" blah blah. And I was like....yeah, as if I need more distractions when i'm trying to AAA a 15-18 footer song. Come on bud.
Another thing that pissed me off, when I was in the middle of playing this insanely retarded simfile, a couple people came up and were like "what are you doing, thats cheating, thats not how you're supposed to play the game" and I was like...what the FUCK are you talking about? I'd LOVE to see someone beat this retarded sim with constant jacks and retarded streams, with those stupid background videos going.
And then the guy who had the stepmania in there chimes up and sais "oh yeah, one of my friends can beat these, he can beat any song on feet, hes one of the worlds best players" and a bunch of other bullshit.
And I was like, oh yeah? Well i'd like to see him beat the songs I play on the keyboard on his feet; examples, death reveals, death piano, disregard Tophs OML, that death moon sim I played and made a video of, and without missing a beat, hes like "oh yeah, he can beat those on feet.
................Lmao? I started laughing at him and told him, yeah, i'll believe it when I see it. If this guy can beat songs like that on his feet, then he'd be world famous. This guy is an absolute retard. God people piss me off like that....SO MUCH. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 06:11:27 PM »
^ oh wow. Yeah I would definitely throw a shit fit if someone said that and I've been playing the game for 3 or so years. Guitar hero was just the most mainstream music rhythm game to come out, so it gets a ton of credit. Kind of like halo, where it's a fun and easy to pick up and doesn't really improve on anything in the genre and doesn't really add to much to the series, yet since it was so damn mainstream and sold a ton of copies its getting ZOMG GAME OF THE YEAR thrown at it.