The Chatterbox > Gaming

The Backlog, 2020 edition

<< < (6/6)

vladgd:
Gonna make this summary post before I forget and it's half way through January, my does time go by fast.

1. Dragon Quest 2
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2
3. SteamWorld Dig
4. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
5. Advance Wars Days of Ruin
6. XCOM Chimera Squad
7. Fallout New Vegas
8. Phantasy Star (Sega Ages)
9. Advance Wars Dual Strike
10. Cyberpunk 2077

Most rewarding game to complete
Advance Wars Days of Ruin

I heard this was the hardest Advance Wars game, and well, it ain't easy. Far from unfair though, I went in to the game expecting to hate it and it ended up being my second favorite advance wars game after 2.

Biggest surprise
Dragon Quest Builders 2

I don't play these types of games, but not only that, when I started, I was HOOKED. I couldn't get myself to stop playing the game until I seen the credits, did not see this one coming at all.

Least Favorite Game
Advance Wars Dual Strike

This one was pretty hard this year because, I didn't really dislike anything that much. But this is probably the worst advance wars game, selecting up to 4 goddamn CO's for a mission and all their skills, dealing with the enemy getting 2 turns in a row...just no.

Runner up favorite
Dragon Quest Builders 2

This was my goty, but...yknow...STILL, I can't emphasize enough, this game is VERY GOOD. Game is usually on sale sporadically, give it a shot if you wanna try a building game with a story, and a clear 3-4...5ish act structure. 

Special Mention
Probably should add this category to mention something that couldn't fit in elsewhere.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

This game started out pretty bland/WHY ARE THERE SO MANY RANDOM BATTLES WHY WHY WHY WHY. But sticking with it, I was rewarded with a FANTASTIC ost, really cool unique setting (it ain't nocturne, but it do), it's probably my second favorite non persona megaten game. Really do check out the soundtrack for DDS1 (not 2, that game is a bit of a downgrade with its ost compared to 1), it's got the chillest vibes.

Favorite Game/2020 GOTY
Cyberpunk 2077

Uhh, see the post above. This was gonna be runner up, but then I got really invested in the universe/characters/story, and the combat was so fun I went back to beat all of the remaining missions...

I've got several amazon tabs open right now to buy some of the old cyberpunk 2020 books, along with needing to see blade runner, and read neuromancer, my enjoyment of the game is bleeding outside of playing the game itself. 2020 is a horrible year, but at least one of the bigger games I've been looking forward to for over 4 years now actually exceeded my expectations.

1- earthbound
2- monster hunter world
3- smt nocturne
4- smt 4
5- south park fractured but whole
6- xcom terror from the deep
7- persona 5
8- deus ex mankind divided
9- metroid: samus returns
10- dragon quest xi
11- smt 4 apocalypse
12- advance wars 2
13- disgaea 5
14. Front Mission 4
15. Paper Mario TTYD
16. Luigis Mansion
17. Zelda Wind Waker
18. Rebel Galaxy
19. Persona Q
20. Eternal Darkness
21. Dragon Quest
22. Strange Journey Redux
23. Shining Force Sword of Hajya
24. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
25. Doom (2016)
26. Metroid Prime
27. Plants vs Zombies
28. Disgaea 1 Complete
29. Links Awakening Remake
30. Pokemon Shield
31. Dragon Quest 2
32. Dragon Quest Builders 2
33. SteamWorld Dig
34. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
35. Advance Wars Days of Ruin
36. XCOM Chimera Squad
37. Fallout New Vegas
38. Phantasy Star (Sega Ages)
39. Advance Wars Dual Strike
40. Cyberpunk 2077

This list is getting pretty big, I think if I quit right now, I would be happy with the work I got done. Not going for 10 games next year, need to focus on more important things 2021, moving, fitness, health, social life, blablabla. BUT DON'T MEAN IM NOT GONNA PLAY VIDYA, I'm just not going to stress over hitting that number 10. New thread whenever I can add a game to 2021, lets hope it's an improvement over 2020.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version