Author Topic: be an idiot  (Read 188317 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: be an idiot
« Reply #375 on: November 12, 2007, 11:47:13 PM »
:O

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2007, 02:36:20 AM »

Quote for HUGE BLOOD MIST AND TAKING SOMEONES LEGS OFF WITH THEIR ARM/SHOULDER.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »
That must have fucked those guys up mentally :/ I mean, how would you react if you ended up accidentally destroying your best friend's leg with your arm/shoulder.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 13, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »
That must have fucked those guys up mentally :/ I mean, how would you react if you ended up accidentally destroying your best friend's leg with your arm/shoulder.

That guy died, the guy with his legs taken off survived.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 13, 2007, 03:49:55 PM »
Haha oh jeez, I lol'd and I know I shouldn't have.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 13, 2007, 03:51:12 PM »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #381 on: November 13, 2007, 06:22:09 PM »
Wow, now that sucks ass.

Doublepost on a related note:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071112/ap_on_fe_st/odd_shotgun_lug_nut;_ylt=AutOOFy93ZloLvWr.PtgH.sDW7oF

Wow. If only we could get shotguns to carry a "Not intended for removing lug nuts" message :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #382 on: November 13, 2007, 11:29:03 PM »
My only question about the skydive video is... how the hell did the arm take off TWO legs?  I thought leg bones were stronger than arm bones, and his arm hit TWO legs.  Wouldn't the arm have been bent back hardcore, pretty much entirely pulverized?  That's insane shit right there.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 14, 2007, 12:24:15 AM »
My guess is that it hit his shoulder dead on somehow, the guy stayed in one piece but he did die, and his chute deployed.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #384 on: November 14, 2007, 12:26:11 AM »
Yeah, he likely connected at the shoulder and caused the leg to rip at the joint. Even if he hit the arm, it's not a matter of bone strength, but rather force, direction, and how much force in what direction could possibly rip a leg out at the joint.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #385 on: November 15, 2007, 03:15:12 AM »
Also, they were moving towards each other at 150mph, meaning that they hit each other at 300mph.  Your average car accident doesn't even involve an impact speed of 100mph, so it's not too hard to see how it became that bad.

That's an awful tragedy...
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #386 on: November 15, 2007, 04:15:54 AM »
Yeah... I've always wondered how people could watch stuff like that without flinching, or discuss it like it didn't matter at all. Every time I think about it, I think about how terrible it is. When I saw the impact I was stunned. It was one of the hardest things I've watched in a long time.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #387 on: November 15, 2007, 05:17:17 AM »
Not a whole lot really surprises me anymore or makes me flinch (I blame 'Net desensitization) but I definitely feel for the people who are victims of these sorts of things.  I can't help but thinking about what it would be like living life without legs, things like that.

It's just sort of sobering when you think that one little thing, one misstep, one mistake, could kill or maim us.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #388 on: November 15, 2007, 05:42:51 AM »
Exactly. I'm rather desensitized to a lot of different things, but that video still got me. I think it's something to do with the rather large explosion of blood and such when they collided... It's still hard to think about.. I think the reason so many people can talk about it as though it's no big deal is that they simply don't think about it. Really think about it. It might be because it's 5:30 and I'm burned out, or maybe it's because I'm sort of depressed right now, (not that I let myself think I ma, most of the time), or maybe it's simply the sobering qualities of the video itself, but I feel really bad about that, and about all the other times where people glance over a tragedy and don't even think. The media has desensitized us to the point where we can watch death, violence, and hate and then turn the TV off, and forget it ever happened in a heartbeat.

You know. I think it is that I'm somewhat depressed right now. All my friends are gone away, hell, the only people I see outside my family are my girlfriend, and my brother's girlfriend. I have no job, no money, I'm stuck doing yard work for my grandmother as my income. My parents constantly bitch about me getting a job, and find everything they can to keep me occupied, which tends to be more yard work. My life is in limbo right now, but I still can't make myself take a job that I don't want... I feel like I have no control over my life...

Why did I let it become this way. I had hoped never to become what I am now, and now that I am, I don't do anything to change it... I almost feel like I want to go back, do things over. Do things differently. Why do I let myself regret everything?

I'm fucking rambling again. Fuck it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #389 on: November 15, 2007, 07:30:19 AM »
You know. I think it is that I'm somewhat depressed right now. All my friends are gone away, hell, the only people I see outside my family are my girlfriend, and my brother's girlfriend. I have no job, no money, I'm stuck doing yard work for my grandmother as my income. My parents constantly bitch about me getting a job, and find everything they can to keep me occupied, which tends to be more yard work. My life is in limbo right now, but I still can't make myself take a job that I don't want... I feel like I have no control over my life...

Try having a degree, being tens of thousands of dollars in debt, having your college loans coming due in a matter of a couple of weeks, and not being able to find a job.  It's not fun.  It's not like I haven't been trying -- out of all the resumes that I sent out, I got one response (which netted me one interview, followed by me getting completely ignored, e-mails left unanswered and everything).  My credit's most likely in a pretty sorry state by now, too; it's going to take me years to get that straightened out.

Yet I'm still optimistic.  I haven't been through an extended (read: more than one day) phase of depression since high school.