Author Topic: So, that d20 thing we were going to try.  (Read 14732 times)

Korremar

• View Profile
Re: So, that d20 thing we were going to try.
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 10:55:43 PM »
Ulllllltiiiii

I'm done and you're not on.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2007, 12:38:16 AM »
Kuro: Aww, alright. You can always hop in later.

Sharde: Email it to me, I'm going to go see I Am Legend tonight, so I won't have a chance to check it until tommorow sometime.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 04:53:50 PM »
Doublepost: Once I see everyone's character sheets, I'll be ready to go. I don't think we'll need to have openrpg for the first session, I haven't figured out how to get my maps working there properly, so we'll probably just use IRC or something.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
Triplepost: Here's some information for clarity on the backstory, just core facts.

- Faster-than-light transportation was discovered around 2070, hooray theoretical physics turning out to work. Colonization both inside and outside of the solar system immediately ensued.
-English is still the primary languages, although asian languages are still spoken. The Earth had a unified government prior to the initial alien attack, and english was the primary language worldwide.
- Cybernetics are very highly controlled, and for the most part illegal. The first instances of such technology surfaced around 2150, although it's not exactly clear when they first were created, or who made them.
- Most combat between humanity and Them take place in space, although ground combat is still quite common, as They are prefectly content to land and level colonies as they see fit.
- Military service is mandatory, but it's more of a national-guard-esque thing, where all able-bodied men are required to do a year of training and serve as defense forces for their respective colonies, essentially as part of their schooling, at the age of 21. All extraplanetary combat, ie offensives, are done by voulenteers. Joining the military isn't just something for people who are suicidal, either, it's a completely legitimate way to earn a living, as you get paid, and in addition all your basic needs are provided for while in the service.
- 97% of people don't own their own space vessels, you'd either have to be in the business of transporting goods or people, be a smuggler or pirate, or be in the military.

Edit: Mirrored on the front page
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:12:33 PM by Ulti »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
cool backstory, I like it.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 07:02:35 PM »
Have you finished your character sheet yet? I want to start, before I lose all motivation to do so :(

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 07:42:46 PM »
I wasn't really planning on joining, but I might. I haven't got any of the stuff though, no books or anything :/ I was just commenting on the back story.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 09:05:59 PM »
Oh okay, I thought you'd said earlier that you were. The information you need to make a character is in the first post, it's mostly spliced out of the books. The mechanics work pretty much exactly the same as D&D.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2007, 03:54:27 PM »
Fifteenbazillionth doublepost for this thread, Aldrasio, I haven't been able to catch up with you for a while, have you finished up your character sheet? If so, I think we can start. M_M has fallen off the face of the earth, so I think I might just start out without him, and just throw him in as soon as he appears again.