Author Topic: audiosurf  (Read 37964 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: audiosurf
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 01:36:19 AM »
I've got ya covered. :U

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=27IK0YZO <- working download link, if you absolutely cannot wait until tommorow, heh.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 01:38:28 AM by Ulti »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 02:12:17 AM »
Can't seem to locate a download on their site, if I have to I'll megaupload it.

Oh, and part of the reason that it might not work properly with the server is that you need these lines in your hosts file

127.0.0.1 204.13.11.27
127.0.0.1 www.audio-surf.com
127.0.0.1 audio-surf.com

(well, the top one is the one that the server wants you to add to it, but the other 2 are just there to make sure you always connect to the server, because I had to add them into my hosts before it would work.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 03:13:57 AM »
They took down the download because they're planning on trying to get people to pay for it.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 03:36:58 AM »
They took down the download because they're planning on trying to get people to pay for it.
Heh, fuck that. Played it, liked it, the way I have it now = good enough for me.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2008, 09:32:07 AM »
Hence why we're doing stuff to play on our own servers :P If I do manage to get some support and implement a leaderboard mechanism, we can work on replicating the server itself, and have a working complete private server. That would be pretty kickass, actually.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »
hey hey HEY beta 2 is out featuring the new pro mono character (no remove grey capability, although the grey blocks do crack eventually like mono) and giving pro mono and ninja mono the new jump ability (which is pretty fucking useless). it also bumps up the maximum song length to 25 minutes.

http://media.audio-surf.com/SetupAudiosurf_BetaWeekend2_1.19.08.exe

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2008, 01:43:02 PM »
Pretty sure Cortes is BS. No fucking way he scored as high as he did on Player One. I just ran it and tanked the fuck out of it, it's hard.

EDIT: Oh, curious, will the offline thing work with the new version still?

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2008, 04:23:50 PM »
We'll find out, I guess.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2008, 06:58:25 PM »
Jumping seems useless and all, until get nailed with a wall of grey notes, and you don't want to break your clean streak. Essentially, it's either use the jump ability, or clear the grey blocks you've hit, and if you're going for the stealth bonus, you'll want to use jumping more. Although jumping does mean you'll hit less notes, which potentially screws you out of the butter ninja/seeing red bonuses. Not to mention match21 (which is mostly impossible anyways, I've only managed it twice on Ninja Mono).

PS I'm 7th right now on through the fire and flames >:V

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2008, 08:11:42 PM »
How do you guys try to score? I always end up hitting tons of notes and just trying to make sure i don't overfill a column. i can't seem to get to where I'm strategicall placing reds and yellows and fitting the other colors in between or however it is you're supposed to do it.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2008, 10:11:11 PM »
I have the same problem, so far I like mono ninja just because you really don;t have to worry about that. Also I doubt anyone will have the same MP3 names as I do. Oh hay, SP2 apparently got 4th on Don't stop me now, by queen, also I got 3rd.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:28:34 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2008, 11:45:22 PM »
Also I doubt anyone will have the same MP3 names as I do.

It goes by tags, not by names.  As long as your ID3 tags are fine (i.e. it shows "Artist Name - Track Name" rather than just the filename in Winamp or whatever) you'll be good.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2008, 11:50:10 PM »
So far most of them seem to be "Track name-Artist name". Also the Mini bosses cover of F zero is god damn perfect for this.

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2008, 02:07:06 AM »
Uploading a 5-song pack, compete against my scores. Which admittedly are not that stellar, but they were all sightreads. So far nobody else has played any of these 5, but if it should happen, I'm Korremar.

Specnote: Not upping these to distribute the songs or anything, just to get people to compete with me, but if you still don't like it, kill the link, I don't care.

EDIT: http://rapidshare.com/files/85104236/Let_s_Fucking_Audiosurf.rar.html
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:16:21 AM by Sharde »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2008, 02:15:48 AM »
Oh cool, I'll try it out. I'll also see if the private server still works. I'm gonna see if I can get this to install along side the older version, so I can have each version separate, and then I could compare packets and such in the case of it not being compatible with the server.

I still say that any and all Drum and Bass is perfect for this, if you want some insane challenges. If I could get something other than fucking ninja mono, you'd see how insane these really get, but here's a good idea of how fast they tend to get, but try having something with about 3 times the notes in all different colors.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x