Author Topic: Weeaboo, the thread.  (Read 132326 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Weeaboo, the thread.
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2009, 02:39:46 PM »
I usually only use moonspeak when searching for videos or music.

And I know that a lot of people like TD's theme music, I'm just not one of them.

Also, comparing TD to K-ON is like comparing Cowboy Bebop to Galaxy Angel.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2009, 02:46:08 PM »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2009, 06:39:38 AM »
I just watched the first episode of Toradora, since my torrent for Code Geass R2 is apparently full of broken videos (they play, then then the video freezes somewhere, and sometimes the audio is also broken for a portion of the episode).

Also, comparing TD to K-ON is like comparing Cowboy Bebop to Galaxy Angel.

I was more referring to the fact that they were both comedic anime that took place in school.... It's not like I was trying to compare K-On and GITS or something...

I'm so used to hearing Rie Kugimiya calling someone a stupid dog and yelling 煩い it's actually almost comforting to hear it again, lol. Makes it feel that much more familiar (Pun NOT intended :/).

Also, it seems that Taiga's last name 逢坂 means meeting hill, or something similar. And her first name's kanji (大河) mean large river.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:41:10 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2009, 07:24:18 AM »
my torrent for Code Geass R2 is apparently full of broken videos (they play, then then the video freezes somewhere, and sometimes the audio is also broken for a portion of the episode).
Are they MKVs?  My Suzumiya Haruhi torrent had a problem like this, where it would find a "broken" part of an episode and loop back to an earlier part in VLC.  They ran fine in MPlayer, though.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
No looping, though they are MKVs. Sometimes there would be working audio and no video. I tried Media Player Classic Home Cinema, as well as VLC and neither worked. They both broke at the same place. Since that happened, I deleted the torrent. (Though it's only in th erecycle bin, for the moment). I guess I should try something else, just to see.  I'm downloading the Mplayer for Mingw32 right now, just to see if that works, since it's quite a bit different than my other media players. (I've got MPCHC, Zoom Player, VLC and WMP)

Fake Edit: Just tried it in Mplayer. It still fails to render a bunch of frames. I just caught the errors as I closed the window (not used to working with programs that have a console screen running like that, lol).

So yeah, the files are quite broken.

Edit: Watching Toradora. Damn that show is addictive. I've seen quite a few of Kugimiya Rie's newer shows, lol. (I'm more used to referring to her in japanese order, lol).

Edit2: Retested the broken files. Realized they aren't MKV. They're AVI, and the error was that the Header was missing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:18:31 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »
I was more referring to the fact that they were both comedic anime that took place in school.... It's not like I was trying to compare K-On and GITS or something...

And I was referring more about how they take place in similar settings, but one is pretty much pure comedy while the other has drama and such.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »
And I was referring more about how they take place in similar settings, but one is pretty much pure comedy while the other has drama and such.

I understood what you meant, and yes, after watching both, I agree. They are both school-centric slice of life anime with a lot of comedy, but Toradora has drama (inherent in the fact that is is a romantic anime that doesn't blow chunks).

also, after listening to the second opening a couple times, I'm definitely beginning to like it. it's not quite as good as the first opening, but it still has a pretty catchy sound. Though I'm still not a huge fan of either ending. they're good, but not any more than that.

Annon, thanks for mentioning Toradora. I just finished watching it, and really enjoyed it. I don't know why, but I really enjoy romantic anime, lol. Well, some of them anyway. It's been a long time since I've seen something I enjoyed this much. I think the last time I saw an anime that made me feel like this, it was when i watched Simoun.

Since I mentioned it, if anyone else likes anime with a very in depth story and a lot of drama, Simoun is a great show.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:23:26 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2009, 05:21:24 PM »
I just finished it too. It's probably the first solidly romantic anime I've seen that I really enjoyed. It's definitely in my list of favorites now.

It's funny, though, because no one recommended it to me. This video showed up on my "Recommended for You" list on Youtube and I thought, "Hmm, that anime looks interesting, I might want to check it out."

EDIT: So I just got Simoun. I'll check it out in a bit.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:10:52 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2009, 06:41:40 PM »
Alright, I hope you can handle the fact that the entire cast is voiced by girls, (including guys). I made a rather large write up about it on the first page of this thread, IIRC. It's very heavily dramatic, and has a lot of philosophical messages. But I can definitely see how some people wouldn't like it, as it is a pretty different anime.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2009, 04:15:27 AM »
So I just got to the twin children episode on Black Lagoon and I must say, shit just got real. Funny how I hate a decent amount of the cast but I still love the show. Also GTO was starting to get boring and a bit too crazy, but I've been really enjoying the last few episodes, currently on 39.

Also yeah, my friend now wants a recommendation for anime. So far he loved the Ghost in the Shell seasons and he seemed to like Black Lagoon and he's looking for anything with decent action I'm assuming. I told him to check Elfen Lied but I'm not too sure how much he'd like that.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Full Metal Alchemist come to mind. Read or Die OVA/TV and Trigun are good too, and Mai Hime/Otome both have good action, if a bit melodramatic at times.

If he's into cyberpunk stuff, Dennou Coil and Serial Experiments Lain are both good.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:15:12 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »
Be warned, ROD the TV starts off a bit uninteresting.

I've never understood why people like FMA... there's something about it that just pushes me away. But yeah, it's likely a pretty good chose for action. Another good suggestion I haven't seen yet is Darker than Black.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2009, 06:08:43 AM »
Mai Hime has one of the worst casts in all of anime. I HATE every single character in that entire show.

Have him start watching Canaan.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2009, 10:41:28 PM »
What can anyone tell me about Aria?

Also, I'm starting to like both of Toradora's OPs/EDs. Funny how overall quality of an anime makes the music seem better.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:08:50 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #239 on: August 21, 2009, 09:31:52 AM »
Lol, I've gotten to the point where I want to remix silky heart. I'm in the process of trying to use the karaoke version to cancel out the music so I can steal the vocals. Unfortunately, I don't have adobe audition on this computer yet, and that program is FAR superior to goldwave for technical stuff.

What can anyone tell me about Aria?

I haven't watched very much, but I've seen a couple episodes, and liked it. It seems to be a slice of life that's very episodic. It might change later on, but the first few episodes don't have any real main plot, as far as I could tell. Seems funny, and lighthearted, so I may yet watch more than the first 2 or 3 episodes. If you want a good site to look up info on an anime (who voiced a character, what the op/ed is, how good the show is, or the plot info) I would suggest using Animenewsnetwork.com. There are a few sites out there like it, but I think ANN has the best info, and the quality voting system doesn't seem to be too far off (though of course the popular stuff like naruto will always be rated highly).

It reminds me a lot of Piano, which I really enjoyed. Speaking of which, I was amazed when I found out that my local rogers actually has the Piano boxed set. I was surprised when I found out that Ayako Kawasumi did the opening theme herself, too. She is pretty talented.

Also, watching Minami-ke right now. It's pretty funny.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:46:57 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x