Author Topic: Scientology Raid discussion :x  (Read 15288 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Scientology Raid discussion :x
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 03:09:20 AM »
So, can anyone give me some links to figure out when and where this is happening around me? Is there any central place they are organizing from, or anything? I haven't been to any of the chan sites in ages now, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »
Thanks, I don't know when I'll be able to do a raid, if I ever will, but I'll certainly try.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 02:12:01 AM »
On a note Anonymous isn't really behind this. They were AT FIRST and most of them backed out. Almost all of /b/ and every other chan board had 0 support for the raid about a week after it was planned. The reason it continued was because some anons attracted a fuckton of newfags who wouldn't let it die and it pissed off a lot of regulars/oldfags because they didn't know how to be discreet about who's organizing it and they were making dumb threads at 4chan etc.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 02:36:20 AM »
So that's what that message was about...

Well, either way, I think that this should continue anyway. I honestly believe that scientology needs to be removed as an organization.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 03:41:14 AM »
Milkchan, I think your accusation that everyone going to the raids is a newfag is pretty harsh. All the raids were quite well organized, and people acted professionally (for the most part). People automatically assume that all raids suck 100% of the time now, but I think things like this really show that there's potential for good to be done. I mean, if you're going to take that stance, you might as well quit /b/, because it really is just filled with newfags. You're confusing the issue with 'Anonymous' in this sense and anonymous in the general chan sense, because they're really not affiliated. I mean, it's not as if we're like "HEY SCIENTOLOGY, WWW.4CHAN.ORG HATES YOU. BY THE WAY LOOK AT OUR SITE.", which is what everyone seems to think. At my particular protest, there wasn't any meme spamming or anything, just people wearing Guy Fawkes masks, and rickroll being played as people left the church. By the way, rules 1 and 2 are total bs. And the addendum that they only apply during raids really only should apply when we're doing something illegal, and drawing negative attention to ourselves. It's basically common knowledge with people that are on the internet that 4chan exists. It's not a big secret anymore. Our memes are leaking onto the internet, trying to keep newfags out of the chans is basically a losing battle. Now, I'm all for stopping people from being idiots, and I hate camwhores and reposts as much as the next guy, but I figure if you hate them so much, you might as well just move to one of those obscure chans and deal with the fact that there are a total of three regular visitors.

lol wall of text.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 07:07:43 AM »
You summed things up pretty well anyway. I frankly don't care if the new "Anonymous" is full of newfags. I believe in the Anonymous as described on the sites. Not a group of people, not some loose organization. Anonymous is more of an ideal, than any group of people, and following that an idea can outlive it's creator. Just because Anonymous is not simply a 4chan thing anymore doesn't mean shit, as long as the people who are involved with Anonymous keep the spirit of the idea.

Just because Anonymous was spawned by members of 4chan doesn't mean that Anonymous is only members of 4chan. If that were the case, there'd be no chance in hell of actually doing much damage to scientology. But, if Anonymous is allowed to evolve, grow, and as long as it stays true to it's original ideals, I can't see how Anonymous being comprised of non 4chan members could possibly be bad.

To me, Anonymous is a way to express yourself without having to deal with all the influences society has on us. I believe in Anonymous as more than simply 4chan, and more than simply a raid on scientology. I believe in Anonymous as that part in all of us that just wants to have our freedom from all the things society forbids us to do (short of being illegal). Anonymous is freedom from the faux pas, from he social norm. It's freedom within the legal limits imposed upon us by the government. 4chan was the first place to really create a system like Anonymous, but Anonymous is more than that.

Anyway, enough with my idealogical rant, all in all, who cares if Anonymous is newfags? They're doing something good that should have been done a long time ago.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »
As stated at the actual anonymous wiki, anonymous is not a physical entity, but an idea; a way of thinking.  It seems like that's what the general media fails to understand.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »
Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to get at. Being a /b/tard and being Anonymous isn't the same thing anymore.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 10:53:03 PM »
The first thing i did after watching that was download the song that plays during the credits.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 11:39:33 PM »
best. flash. video. ever.

Agreed.

That was really good, I was expecting a lot worse.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 03:20:29 AM »
I wasn't that entertained, until I hit the end. Pretty damn awesome.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 05:13:03 AM »
Have you seen the original Hyakugojyuuichi before? If not, then watch it. If so, then I can't see how you could not find that video awesome...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 10:21:42 PM »
Yeah, I saw it like a million years ago. I don't really remember it.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 12:15:21 AM »
ye

I'm not saying all of the raiders were newfags (and why we keep saying raid idk, more protest). The raid only continued because of that reason. It may have cleaned up and reformed a bit near 2/10, but back in late January it was EXTREMELY unorganized and a bunch of people were saying stuff on youtube for popular scientology/anon videos mentioning the chans and /b/ and anonymous is legion and shit like that when one of the biggest rules is ALWAYS blame ebaums. It may have gotten more organized later on but there was a time where it was really shit like "so what have you been doing to your local scientology place? i've been doing a lot to contribute, like ordering a bunch of pizzas and graffiting their walls, now they'll have to spend money. if we keep doing stuff like that their funds will deplete"

Funny i'm defending this considering i'm not even an active /b/tard.