Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 591725 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1350 on: July 20, 2010, 04:37:14 AM »
this thread is essentially "vidya general"

not vidya related

21:14 is vidya related

though it's a good watch all the way through. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 24, 2010, 04:11:11 AM »
Just got done playing some SSF4, figured I didn't like Ibuki as much as I initially did, but I love Adon even more. His one kick seems like an amazing tool to close the gap between fireball users and him, as long as you aren't too predictable.

but yeah, me and my friend had some amazing matches, and I seemed to do decently against him, which makes me like this new pad even more.

vladgd

« Reply #1352 on: July 27, 2010, 01:50:36 AM »
had access to a tripple today, played demons souls.

fun

hard

sums it up pretty well i think. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 27, 2010, 02:22:55 AM »
I dunno. I've played it for a while and it starts feeling like serious work. It's also really dumb that the hit detection can oftentimes be really bad so you'll get stuck on some wall and an enemy will swing and it looks like it shouldn't hit you but oops you're dead anyway. Bosses just take forever too, and you pretty much just find the one way to exploit their stupid AI to beat them. Maybe if it had an actual story to it or something I might care about playing it more.

vladgd

« Reply #1354 on: July 27, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »
Maybe if it had an actual story to it or something I might care about playing it more.

you never cease to make me laugh, never change bro.  

i got starcraft 2, it's installing as i type this.  later today the ups guy should arrive with blazblue cs, and i have the day off.  pretty bitchin.  

*edit*

amazon trolled me, blazblue won't be here for a few days.  pretty much wasted my money on release day shipping, though, while still spending less than buying it retail. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:19:56 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 27, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
Tell me how it is, with as little as possible references to SC1.

Also I'm getting to the parts in Half life that I forgot existed, which is exciting, and opposing force is brutal as always (I really hope HL doesn't get this hard on hard) and I'm sort of lost. I just deactivated this nuke warhead like bomb, and I'm running through this basement area full of boxes, and I'm now on top of a box and there are a lot of hard alien enemies under me. What do?

Also Rare is trolling hard

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 27, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »
That's the second-to-last level. Just keep going through that crate maze and you have a pretty cool boss fight. To be honest, I liked Opposing Force more than HL1 vanilla, all the new guns and stuff were neato.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 27, 2010, 10:10:11 PM »
Oh, thanks, I'll get around to beating it then. Also my friend holds the same opinion, and I do to, despite me hating the last few times I've played.

Also I'm loving SF3S now that I have a decent pad.

vladgd

« Reply #1358 on: July 28, 2010, 04:05:03 AM »
half-life, opfor, blue shift.  can't go wrong with any of them.  some people knock blue shift because it's a bit short, but that doesn't mean it's bad.  

playing the starcraft 2 campaign so i can start getting used to the way the game controls/plays before eventually jumping into 1v1's online.  i did not like the campaign in starcraft 1, but i did really enjoy the campaign of warcraft 3.  basically, from what ive played thus far (about 6ish missions in) it's pretty good.  there's a good chunk of stuff you simply can't do in a standard multiplayer game.  ill try and break it down.

-mission objectives other than destroying the enemy.  this is expected, it's campaign.
-units unavailable in multiplayer. when i say multiplayer, i don't mean custom maps where you have access to anything.  few examples, terrans do not get medics or firebats in a standard game, they are quickly available in the campaign, as well as a bunch of other stuff.
-completing side objectives can (depending on the objective) grant you zerg or protoss research points (possibility of the dominion terran research later down the road).  these are essentially used in talent trees.  a screenshot will easily explain this, so let me go take that...

as you see, they come in bunches of two, and give you a bonus of some sort.  so far in the game i have the first zerg one.  when you pick one, the other is greyed out as you can only pick one per tier.  probably going to do a mission (you somewhat get to pick the order in which you do things) which gives toss research points so i can get that first upgrade.  i have the screen at automated refinery because i thought it was pretty neat.  

-you gain money from missions used to upgrade units/buildings as well as hire mercs.  mercs are essentially "elite" versions of normal units in varrying numbers that you can buy a certain time into the game.  first one is 4 elite marines for 225 minerals, they are pretty goddamn beefy, but you can't hire them until 5 minutes of the game have elapsed, they are "built" out of a building specific for mercs.  

-there's the typical story/character interaction stuff, feels a bit adventure gamey, without really being that in any way at all.  if you watched the campaign demonstration a few blizzcons back, it's like they showed.  

-the lost viking.  it's an arcade machine in the cantina which you can play, pretty tongue and cheek, and surprisingly fun.  i got to TERA TRON(think giant robot made out of terran buildings) before i fucked up and died.  

anything else?  well i really enjoyed the last mission i played.  pretty neat going from place to place hitting up all of the minerals, avoiding lava death, and keeping the zerg at bay while trying not to spend the money needed to beat the mission all on units.  after completing it, i said i hoped there would be more like it, and the next mission that dude gave me was a gas mining mission with a different twist to it, looking forward to that.  

and that's just the few hours ive played of the campaign.  there's the obvious ladder multiplayer, custom maps, there's challenge missions, a stupid amount of achievements, pictures/decals to unlock.  feeling like a complete package, save for the "this is the first game of 3" thing...which i will give you my opinion of that after i get through more of the campaign, because so far, it feels like they put some serious time into developing it.  

*edit*

instead of reading my post, here's a quicker summary of the campaign.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/campaign-overview-starcraft-ii/702131
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:17:23 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1359 on: July 28, 2010, 05:44:43 AM »
Saw my friends playing it yesterday, and it looks fantastic. The cutscenes are fucking amazing looking too (which they ought to be, considering how much work they put into the teaser trailer, lol. I mean, 5 MILLION polygons per frame? Needing Pixar's rendering system because your broke your in house one?). And those tech upgrades are badass.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 28, 2010, 04:36:57 PM »
Yeah, that HAD to be one of the best trailers made for a game ever.

vladgd

« Reply #1361 on: July 29, 2010, 09:13:52 AM »

5:03 for mission 5

30 seconds of VICTORY

that second combo in mission 5 took me goddamn forever though.  first it took forever to get the reletavely tight timing between 2c and 2b.  after that was problems figuring out the timing of the 2d following 6c, and the normal jump cancel after.  the biggest problem was landing the jump b after 2d,  shit has bad range and it was only till i realized i could buffer 2d and the jump really REALLY early during the 6c when i could get it down.  but uhh that's probably the hardest thing about combos isn't as much knowing what to do, but when to push the buttons to have it come out.  there's even a button you can hit to show a demonstration of what the combo should look like, but that even doesn't tell you the time you should hit the buttons.  

liking mu-12 so far.  main?  possible, litchi's combos are really long, and my memory is bad.  i like the general look of nu (now lambda) but im not big on characters completely reliant on zoning.  mu seems to be a bit more up close with tools to be annoying with keep away, but not exactly the focus, while retaining the robot "i move like those things in zone of the enders" look.  so, for now, my blazblue playtime will be using her.  well, her and litchi, i mean, she has a lot of fun stuff with her "rekka" and staff shenanigans.  

ill end the post with mu sprites.  

i be rolling around with my green armored core getup.  just needs a camo pattern, and a rocket launcher, and im good to go.  
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:24:18 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 29, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »
Actually, you wouldn't do that well only zoning with Lambda like you could get away with on Nu. Lambda just doesn't do as much damage and her up-close normals are actually where her damage is at.

I just got the game yesterday so I'm working my way through story mode. I can already tell that the vast majority of what's in challenge mode is useless and aside from probably the second challenge for each character, you'll probably never use any of it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 29, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
Is she DLC, or is she console specific?

Also, is her gold form like the GG gold forms (altered to be broken and have full tension).

Also I REALLY wish I didn't listen to the people who bitched about DMC4, it's a damn fun game, and I'd say it's up to par with 3. I'm replaying on Legendary Dark Knight mode now, at least until I can't keep playing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:23:50 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1364 on: July 29, 2010, 07:50:23 PM »
lambda = nu replacement

hazama, tsubaki = new characters from the get go

mu-12 = unlock via story mode (or for those like me who loathe the blazblue story mode, 160ms points.)

makoto, platinum, valk = future dlc

and i believe the latter half of those colors i posted are "dlc colors"

final random note, seems they changed tagers astral from whatever it was involving mashing d, to a 1060. 

a goddamn 1060, little bit tricky to pull off, although jump buffers just fine.