Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 601074 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1380 on: August 08, 2010, 02:47:08 AM »
Also the Mako sections are just plain unfun.

which is why they removed them in the second game.  

there's dlc with vehicle segments with some hover vehicle for the second game, but those are actually kind of fun.  

*EEWG

don't know why i keep practicing mu combos.  i love her in the context of training mode, but i couldn't use her drive in a match if my life depended on it.  anywho, i can do challenge 5 pretty frequently now (moreso than that video i posted).  still don't have a manage on challenge 7.  2c, jump, dash, jc, j2c, dash, 2b, c, 6c, 2d, jb, jc, jump, jc, j2c. 

i CAN NOT land that dash 2b.  do it too early, doesn't come out, do it exactly on time, too late.  must be super strict timing, or super strict spacing, because i can't land that, otherwise the combo would be easy and i would be working on challenge 9 by now. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:40:44 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 09, 2010, 11:12:08 PM »
Is that avatar from Starcraft 2?

Also more spoilers:
I chose to save Kaiden over Ashley, felt fairly bad. More so when Shepard says he's sorry, and she replies with something along the lines of "It's okay, I have no regrets".

but yeah, really enjoying the game. One of the few games were I feel like characters are actually fleshed out.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 10, 2010, 12:16:34 AM »
If by fleshed out you mean "talk about one exact point in their life repeatedly but only when you ask them about it specifically" then yeah, they're fleshed out. Bioware's games have always felt completely wooden to me in terms of characters. Not nearly enough actual talk between the characters without your input and when they do, it's all just generic witty banter garbage.

vladgd

« Reply #1383 on: August 10, 2010, 02:23:31 AM »
Is that avatar from Starcraft 2?

hydralisk from starcraft

uno, not dos

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 10, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »
If by fleshed out you mean "talk about one exact point in their life repeatedly but only when you ask them about it specifically"

I...what? I'm not even sure what you mean, I've only played ME since Dragon Age seemed fairly boring.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 10, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »
That's all they do. You walk up to Ashley and you get the option to either talk about the one specific thing in her life (her religion and racism) or nothing. You talk about the Flotilla/Quarians with Tali, or nothing. You talk about the genophage with Wrex, or nothing. They have absolutely zero depth to them. They just throw on witty banter during non-cutscenes to try to give them some life but they're all just cardboard cutouts.  Dragon Age is even worse overall because it's really really obvious that they're just over-abusing the same characters. Again. Seriously, they've had the exact same cast in every game since KOTOR.

vladgd

« Reply #1386 on: August 10, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »
hot doctor lady, or (hot?) protoss lady(?). 

my decision is final.

i have a few missions left, but i play this game at a snails pace (one, maby two missions a day), but 21/25 missions.  there's 29 missions, but i believe one of those is a secret after the game or something mission, and the others are parts of the "pick this guy or that guy" when each choice has it's own mission.

most recent mission got me battlecruisers, and that was a fun one...except for the fact the enemy mothership of the level can take my whole fleet offline for 20 second periods, fucker can't stand up against a barrage of yamoto fire. 

next mission involves thors, and after that im going to assume everything is done save for the "final" mission line which deals with spoilerey things. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 10, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
I've yet to play KOTOR or DA, so I really don't see how it's relevant. I have heard that before, oddly enough.  Also you completely skipped Kaiden, Garrus, and Liara.

That and Ashley and Wrex both blab on about their families.

Also I'm getting addicted to 3S with my new pad. I can actually play competently now, and now I have no way of play online because GGPO is a terrible and broken program.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 10, 2010, 11:37:42 PM »
That would be because Kaiden's a douchebag who's really boring (I was tested on for biotics blah blah blah military blah blah I want on you if you're female), Garrus is also boring (I talk about justice a lot and also this one guy that I didn't get to kill let's go kill him) and Liara's just bland (she doesn't really talk about much of anything that I even remember).

Ashley and Wrex's families are almost non-existent as actual talking points. Brought up once for Wrex just so you can have a quest that goes nowhere and once for Ashley to prove that she's a bitch and no one likes her or her racism.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 11, 2010, 12:50:13 AM »
Well I can agree (outside of the Garrus, he seemed interesting, just fairly reserved) and it did bother me that the dialog options were limited fairly harshly.

Also Gill is my bitch now. I just beat him with Alex twice with just over a quarter of my health during each match, and he used ressurection during the initial round. All you really need to do is find a move he will hardly counter and play it safe with that. I did a ton of slashes and Alex's jumping middle kick a lot and he hardly felt the need to block or counter them.

Also for some reason, half the time you fight Akuma he goes insane and fights 10 times harder then Gill.

vladgd

« Reply #1390 on: August 11, 2010, 05:40:56 AM »
"in the belly of the beast"

best mission ive played in an rts. 

near the end of the game, you have to pick between essentially weakening the ground troops or the air stuff.  pick the ground, and you will be awarded with this mission. 

it's one of those no base missions where you run through with limited dudes, and it's great.  each of the 4 starting characters (figure ill not spoil it) has their own unique ability, there's three "levels" to it (one mission, but 3 parts per say), and even a boss at the end with a nice timed escape segment. 

it's great. 

24/26 missions complete. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1391 on: August 11, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »
I'm at that part too. I haven't played that yet though. I was thinking of taking the air guys.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1392 on: August 11, 2010, 10:20:32 PM »
beat the campaign

the level i thought was second to last ended up being the last, the other level was a hidden level i haven't unlocked. 

it was a neat mission though, ending didn't cliffhanger that bad, and i look forward to the zerg campaign coming next. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 14, 2010, 02:30:46 PM »
I bought the Doom pack, and I cannot seem to get ultimate doom running on my PC. Any way to get pass this? Several windows seem to pop up, and then the screen goes black, and then it all closes.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 14, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »
Use this, you shouldn't be trying to play Doom without a decent source port anyways, unless you're a glutton for punishment or want to play at 320x200 for some horrible reason. Find the DOOM.wad/DOOM2.wad file from your steam directory, and copy/paste it to the GZDoom directory, and you should be good to go.