Author Topic: Soul Caliber 4  (Read 24827 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: Soul Caliber 4
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2008, 11:24:04 PM »
I haven't played as her at all.

vladgd

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2008, 11:24:29 PM »
im currently getting her to level 9, isn't half bad.

im actually burning myself out for trying to get EVERY CHARACTER to level 9.  but i will endure, 12 characters left.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:31 PM »
Damn dude.

I think Kilik is still at 7 for me. (current highest)

vladgd

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2008, 11:31:14 PM »
it doesn't take more than 40 or so minutes to get a character up to level 9, and if you have 2-3 characters you really like, its not bad.

but when you want to get the entire roster up to level 9, that 40 or so minutes per character adds the fuck up.

its roughly 6-7 times through story mode per character.  and i get a minimum of 10,000 gold each run, so im getting money to buy shit therefore getting me the (buy everything) achievement.

*edit*  i know if i did the tower, i could get money faster, but im not going to touch that motherfucker (Well im at level 21, so im 1/3 way up it) till i get the non online, non tower achievements.  not to mention going through story mode may be dull after a while, but it gets money, and its not frustrating like the tower is.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:34:56 PM by vladgd »

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2008, 11:36:03 PM »
Ah okay.

The nice thing about a few character that I use, they have almost the exact same move list.  (Sophita and Casandra).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2008, 11:38:29 PM »
Also, how do I unlock VS mode (standard). I haven't played too much, but I've beaten the story mode with a couple characters and still nothing on the VS.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »
Also, how do I unlock VS mode (standard). I haven't played too much, but I've beaten the story mode with a couple characters and still nothing on the VS.

Odd...beat arcade mode a few times maybe?

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2008, 03:13:01 AM »
Um, it's there from the start. Have a second controller plugged in.

Setsuka is a weird character.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:34 AM »
:/ Well damn. lol. Yeah, never thought to plug int in and check. We haven't used this controller in a LONG time. It's a PS1 controller, because we don't have a second PS2 controller.

And yeah, Setsuka is weird, and a little difficult to get used to (she has VERY FEW actual low attacks :/) but fun.

EDIT: 3000 GET!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 06:06:25 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2008, 03:36:52 AM »
uhh i have the 5 special characters to hit 9 and im done...

44+ hours logged on

uhh yeah...

well i guess i can say stuff before i end this post.  taki's "high, low, high" kick thing is fucking awesome.  and if you want to buy everything, its going to be well over 2 million gold(im not yet done and ive spent around 2.5 million so far, OLOLOL), so have fun getting it.

but uhh i can't stop playing, literally

im sick of leveling these characters, but im compelled to keep going.  like ill finish a character, then go "ok im going to take a break" but since nobody is avalible, nobody is on any forums, 4chan is down, i don't want to play any other games till this is done...i get back on it.

elf girl, demon girl, robot girl, and alien girl left to go, i finished 9 characters today, so finishing up 4 shouldn't take too much from my sanity when i wake up.

after im done, ill check to make sure EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER is level 9.  then ill work on the "100 critical finishes" achievement, with story mode + custom yun seong = shouldn't be too bad.  then ill work on other random achievements, till they are done, tackle the tower after that.  after all the offline stuff is done, ill save the online stuff for when i decide to activate my gold account.  im hoping to 1000/1000 this game eventually.

*edit*

yes i am crazy, the ENTIRE ROSTER is level 9, and i bought every weapon and gear, so i got the "buy everything" achievement,  it takes about 3.1 million gold.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:18:37 AM by vladgd »

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2008, 01:30:11 AM »
Hey Vlad I need some advice.

I am still stuck on floor 20 on the tower and can't beat that fucking annoying Taki...any tips I can use?

vladgd

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2008, 01:49:43 AM »
well, i haven't played tower in about a week, and actually, i am on the floor just after that.  it took me a few tries to get through.

i think what i did was get lucky with ivy having grabs actually land, and ring outing them.  im pretty sure thats what i did.

like they have the high guard impact, and grapple break right?  then yeah, your best bet is finding a character you can ring out with and giving it a go.  ivy isn't a smart choice because her back needs to face the edge of the arena, so if you get hit, you can just get ring outed right there.  maby a longer range poke like seong mina, or taki's high low high kick works pretty good.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2008, 04:57:32 AM »
Just use Astaroth with his down-back vertical (I think? It's the scoop). If they didn't change it, it still rings out and hits low. Alternatively, you can spam back back vertical (hold) for his unblockable that the comp never seems to dodge.

vladgd

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2008, 06:46:09 AM »
i just beat level 20 on descending the tower...

well you get the achievement for GETTING TO level 20, not completing it, so if you are worried about that, just get there and you are golden.

second, i have full health on both characters, and im about to play level 21.

astaroth is awesomely cheap.

1 A(hold) B FTW

but uhh, make an astaroth with shave damage A, and HP drain A, and as much hp as you can muster, then copy it so you can use two of the same character.

spam the move i just said above for the most part, if the enemy actually hits you, just do a quick 66 B or 66 K to knock them down, and then continue with the spam move.  maby throw in a grab every now and then.  you shouldn't have any trouble at all getting to level 20, and anything past that is for fun.

*edit*

floor 34 is where i met my defeat.  those nigs start impacting fairly often, even when they don't have auto impact A, so its best to mix it up a bit roughly after level 15.

pretty cool though, now i guess i have to try getting up the tower, at least its no marathon anymore.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 07:10:09 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2008, 06:54:39 AM »

8)

*edit*

all offline achievement get

8)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:17:17 PM by vladgd »