Author Topic: This fills me with furious angry rage.  (Read 54625 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: This fills me with furious angry rage.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »
Well, they do say that "Setting up a secure connection through VPN or over SSH seems to be the only solution." Which means that while it's a pain, it can still be set up and done.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 12:18:57 AM »
Yeah, I looked into that, but it seems overly complicated. Apparently you're still able to connect properly with people within the comcast network, so it's not quite as bad as I expected.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 02:51:12 AM »
Except that seeding is still pretty much impossible on small scale torrents.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 06:20:34 AM »
in life, you're pretty much fucked no matter what you do. amirite?

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »
You'd better be fucked at least once.. leaving no family line sucks.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 07:08:16 PM »
Meh, I don't think I'd want kids, though. It's not like there's enough human beings ruining the earth anyway.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 10:24:13 PM »
Another of those "I'm not having kids" people? I never understand why you people do that. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, the only thing that humans are even supposed to is reproduce.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 10:36:33 PM »
Another of those "I'm not having kids" people? I never understand why you people do that. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, the only thing that humans are even supposed to is reproduce.

I agree. Not having kids is pretty much a waste, if you ask me. I mean, what else is there to do in life, honestly. Unless you plan to make some super important lasting contribution to the universe, and the odds of that are pretty much nil, how else are people going to remember you existed 50 years from now?

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 11:32:20 PM »
But that's not the point. I don't really give a shit about "leaving a legacy" or "carrying on my name". If I'm dead, I already don't give a fuck from the get go. I've already lost. There's already overpopulation in major cities in the world, and additionally, I think the world in 50 years is not a world that much worth living in. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it'd be amazing if the United States is around; that is, if the world is still alive. The years following 2100 will more than likely suck. I love my future kids enough to not have to them go through it. lol...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:48:01 PM by Zakamiro »

Kuroneko

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 11:40:11 PM »
But that's not the point. I don't really give a shit about "leaving a legacy" or "carrying on my name". If I'm dead, I already don't give a fuck from the get go. I've already lost. There's already overpopulation in major cities in the world, and additionally, I think the world in 50 years is not a world that much worth living in. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it'd be amazing if the United States is around; that is, if the world is still alive. The years following 2100 will more than likely suck. I love my future kids enough to not have to them through it. lol...
lol that's pretty much my opinion on having children... that, and that they're messy, gross, obnoxious high-maintainance poopy-pants'd little shits.

Kulli

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 12:17:46 AM »
that, and that they're messy, gross, obnoxious high-maintainance poopy-pants'd little shits.

what he said

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 02:03:12 AM »
See, most people do look at all those issues, and still have children. I mean hell, is it very pleasant the entire time of the pregnancy? Is giving birth fun? Fuck no, why the hell do you think they give lots of people Epidurals? I see it as the single only thing that I should ever achieve in my life. The single only true expectation for any human being. I mean, in the bigger picture, life is worth nothing if you don't contribute to the future of your race. Is any one single squirrel worth anything? No, but if it has a kid, then the race can continue, and that's what's important really.

Sure, we can debate this till the end of time whether humans have any reason aside from reproduction, but if you look at how every animal is programmed, even humans, the only things that we really do are live, and have children, the rest of it is meaningless crap. Sure, we shape the earth, but will that matter 10 000 000 years from now? Not unless the human race is still alive in one form or another.

Sure, I'll be dead in 10 000 000 years, but maybe by then the human race will have progressed from this dark time in the earth's history, where we abuse the planet and refuse to acknowledge the damage we're doing. But by that time, we'll have passed this time, and gone beyond where we are now. I'd say whether I'm dead or not, I'd rather that than humanity not existing past 2100 and the world erasing nearly all signs that we ever lived here.

Oh, and spec, I suggest you split this into a different topic.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 02:23:38 AM »
Indeed, because this one does not fill me with said furious angry rage, it fills me with confusion and colon-ess.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 06:20:51 AM »
I see it as the single only thing that I should ever achieve in my life. The single only true expectation for any human being. I mean, in the bigger picture, life is worth nothing if you don't contribute to the future of your race.

Your only justification for living your own life is to have children? Surely, do you honestly feel that the only benefactor that your life could possibly contribute is reproduction?

Is any one single squirrel worth anything? No, but if it has a kid, then the race can continue, and that's what's important really.

See, but while we are organisms like squirrels are, we are no where near being threatened for extinction (unless we kill ourselves). Humans don't need to reproduce anymore to "keep the specie alive", there's already so many of us. Even at the loss of 1 of us, one million of us, 30 million, 600 million, or even a billion.

Sure, we can debate this till the end of time whether humans have any reason aside from reproduction, but if you look at how every animal is programmed, even humans, the only things that we really do are live, and have children, the rest of it is meaningless crap. Sure, we shape the earth, but will that matter 10 000 000 years from now? Not unless the human race is still alive in one form or another.

Good point. I really see where you're coming from on this. But I don't see any need to reproduce just because other organisms do. I don't need to have kids just because mother nature will wag its finger at me if I don't. Reproduction for future reproduction is silly. "I need to reproduce so they can reproduce, and then they can reproduce, and so they can reproduce." It's just circular, and proves that life from the beginning is worthless. Natural selection is the only reason we reproduce. Somewhere, way back in the origins of life, a small protein molecule was able to replicate itself, which led to small cells that were able to replicate themselves. It's not of the cells own desire they choose to reproduce, but the fact that cells that don't reproduce die. I bet there were many proteins/cells (perhaps it's not right to lump the two together, but just go with it for now) in this era that were incapable of duplication/reproduction, but their design (no, not 'intelligent design', fools) just wouldn't allow for it. Naturally, we've inherited these traits from our ancestry and shows today. There is no purpose in life, not even for reproduction. It was just natural selection that caused us to be capable of reproducing, and so we have. (Rephrased yet another time, since I'm sure some still won't understand: Since organisms incapable of making copies of themselves die and don't leave anything behind, we're stuck with things that can make copies of themselves.)

Sure, I'll be dead in 10 000 000 years, but maybe by then the human race will have progressed from this dark time in the earth's history, where we abuse the planet and refuse to acknowledge the damage we're doing. But by that time, we'll have passed this time, and gone beyond where we are now. I'd say whether I'm dead or not, I'd rather that than humanity not existing past 2100 and the world erasing nearly all signs that we ever lived here.

:]. (yes, I period'd a smilie) Although, what's the benefit in leaving a trace we were here? Who would come to see it or even care enough?

Oh, and spec, I suggest you split this into a different topic.

agreed

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 12:03:20 PM »
but we're alive because we get to go heaven when we die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!