Author Topic: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread  (Read 548775 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2007, 12:13:35 AM »
That freaking rules. Greatest comic EVER.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2007, 03:50:50 AM »
Can you compile the latest version found on http://www.holywar.net/index.builder/en/freeware/holyshout3.html  for me? For some reason, my shell is getting errors trying to compile it. :\

I'll see what I can do tomorrow...rather tired at the moment.

If you want to try something else in the meantime, try using gnumake or gmake (forgot how they put it) instead of just "make".  While some of the GNU and BSD tools are similar there are enough differences to make them totally incompatible in some cases (i.e. GNU make won't handle the ports collection at all while BSD make chokes on a lot of GNU automake derived Makefiles).
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2007, 04:20:38 AM »
So I found out that I can use that same script to fuse .mp3s with images if I change the file extension to .rar, although I might just be able to edit the .bat file to fuse .mp3s.

EDIT: Wow, that was some simple scripting. I made a script that can fuse .mp3/.ogg/.zip/.rar files with .bmp/.png/.gif/.jpg images, and I cut it down so it just loads up, fuses the files, and closes itself. That script is now in my avatar's archive along with simple instructions.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:10:17 AM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2007, 05:52:33 AM »

not enough to warrent its own thread on the media forum. 

pendulum- blood sugar

apparently this is on the "reissued" hold your colour album, which i don't have.

that said, it is pendulum quality, and what i mean by that, its damn good.

*edit*

&mode=related&search=

wow
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:07:25 AM by vladgd »

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2007, 09:06:19 AM »
I just switched to the SMF Default Theme.  It's nice.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2007, 12:17:06 PM »
So I found out that I can use that same script to fuse .mp3s with images if I change the file extension to .rar, although I might just be able to edit the .bat file to fuse .mp3s.

EDIT: Wow, that was some simple scripting. I made a script that can fuse .mp3/.ogg/.zip/.rar files with .bmp/.png/.gif/.jpg images, and I cut it down so it just loads up, fuses the files, and closes itself. That script is now in my avatar's archive along with simple instructions.

Actually this has been around since, well... A along time ago. lol.

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/08/vote-on-the-top.html

lol, take a look here.

What's retarded is that your IP is always logged, regardless of registration. There is NO SUCH THING as (sex in the champagne room) anonymous wiki edits. Really, they (wikimedia Foundation) can't be that fucking retarded.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow...rather tired at the moment.

If you want to try something else in the meantime, try using gnumake or gmake (forgot how they put it) instead of just "make".  While some of the GNU and BSD tools are similar there are enough differences to make them totally incompatible in some cases (i.e. GNU make won't handle the ports collection at all while BSD make chokes on a lot of GNU automake derived Makefiles).

Yeah, I get this with both make and gmake. :\
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:23:09 PM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »
Yeah, embedded rars are pretty freakin' awesome, I've gotten several books of litursday threads via them :3

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2007, 02:36:29 PM »
Man, that's actually a pretty cool way to send messages to people, lol. or, you can rar up a program, combine it with a jpg, send it to someone, and they can use the program, and whoever's watching the whole thing (for instance, you're sending from school via email or something) will never realize what you did, unless they've got some intense logging.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2007, 02:41:55 PM »
yep. and it makes photofucket a great place to host some data.

A really great way to hide files is to use an embedded jpg. attach a password-protected rar to a jpg, and its contents will never be discovered. Even if they knew that the jpg was in fact a jpg + rar, they would *still* have to use brute force to open the rar. Give the rar a really long alpha numeric password, and I'd say the only one that could find you out would be the FBI. (I've heard crazy stories about what those motherfuckers can do with stored information)

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2007, 02:46:04 PM »
Lol, well, considering how much power they have, plus, there are ways to make brute force more powerful. By using something that tailors the first guesses to things that people are more likely to use as a password, they can crack many common passwords much quicker. Basically, prioritizing using their knowledge of how people chose passwords.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2007, 03:06:16 PM »
yep. and it makes photofucket a great place to host some data.

I thought so too, until I saw the 1 MB limit. It's not necessarily a great place to host some data, but it is a place to host some data.

Whenever I give anyone a file of anything, I'm going to disguise it as a completely irrelevant image.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
how about tinypic?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2007, 03:17:29 PM »
Well, it took about 16 years, but it finally uploaded. There's a simfile in that banner.

So yes, tinypic will work.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 03:20:01 PM by Aldrasio »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2007, 03:30:23 PM »
Haha, what a genius way to store things.

Edit: My topic in the cesspool isn't going to post on itself >:(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 03:33:39 PM by Ulti »

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2007, 05:41:02 PM »
Aldrasio cool simfile.  And I gotta try that file fusion thing sometime.