Author Topic: Unreal Tournament GOTY/99 Server  (Read 3414 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Unreal Tournament GOTY/99 Server
« on: April 10, 2009, 11:16:13 PM »
No, really, we should.  I couldn't be assed to find the last thread. :(

Well, actually, that thread was full of a lot of "lets do" and not enough "do" and there's a lot of shit to post.

I have a local server set up to run whenever anybody wants to play here.  It focuses on no style in particular, having a little bit of everything (via MapVoteLA13).  The plan is basically to determine a time when a few people are available, all get on IRC or Ventrillo or some shit, and I'll give you my IP address (it's not static), and we'll play some fuckin' UT!

Code: [Select]
Current gamestyles:

DM
TDM
LMS
TLMS (via mod.  Why wasn't this built in?)
CTF
AS
DOM
DK (Darkmatch) as soon as I figure it out.  Built in game mode that got deactivated last-minute and was later found.

I also have some "special" styles I set up just for fuckin' around:

CTF w/ Instagibs (colored, and with translocators!)
DM w/ Telefrag Gun (arena)
DM w/ Gravity Gun (arena)
DM w/ Portal Gun (replaces translocator)
LMS w/ Redeemer (or Michael Bay LMS if you prefer)

A Grappling Hook mod is an additional option that I can turn on if you want to mess around with it.

I'll openly take game style requests (except no BT kthx) and mutator config requests, and certainly map requests (my selection is actually pretty limited right now).  You may need some stuff to play though:

- Get Unreal Tournament and install the v436 patch.  If this ends up not working, try the v451b patch (WARNING! v451b screws up the UnrealEd packaged with that copy of UT, might want to back up your install if you plan on using UEd).
- Get the four Official Bonus Packs (scroll down a little).  These have stuff =U
- Get the Assault Bonus Pack if you like assault maps and want quicker load times for them.

Server packages you'll end up downloading anyway:
- MapVoteLA13 - lets users vote on different maps or gametypes
- Team Last Man Standing (umod attached) - Last Man Standing, but you're on a team.
- Eavy Darkmatch III - Apparently like hide-and-seek, but with guns.
- Who Pushed Me? - When you knock somebody off of something and they die, it counts as a kill.
- Color Instagib (ColorGibBDCTrans) - Instagib matches team color to help avoid confusion.  Also enables translocator.
- Gravity Gun - Gravity Gun from Half Life
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:37:31 PM by Kuroneko »

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: Unreal Tournament GOTY/99 Server
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »
Apparently 470KB is too fat to fit with the other mods.  Spectere is being a frugal old lady with his attachment space I guess. :D