Author Topic: Gaming Ego  (Read 5047 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Gaming Ego
« on: May 03, 2009, 02:49:50 AM »
I was wondering, do you have a sensitive gaming ego? I'm not talking about proving your worth to some retarded shit talking kid on the internet (but it's always fun to bruise their sensitive ego or cause them to rage) but do you honestly care if you're better then someone at a game?

Me and a friend have always had this friendly rivalry. He used to play Halo a lot but he moved on to CoD WaW, and when he started playing that he thought that sniping in that game was hard. Hell, me and him got into a mid range sniper only fight and I hit him about 5 to 6 times (fucking regenerating health) until I finally killed him and he never hit me once, and I fucking SUCK at console shooters. He even bitched about his shots not hitting the middle of his sniper scope when he was walking around with his rifles trying to shoot me.

The only thing that annoys me is he bitches about shit that he has NO RIGHT to bitch about. Tonight he was constantly bitching about not being able to shield fast enough in smash 64 and the fact that the game was missing a lot of features from brawl. Also when he played guilty gear he was bitching and saying the fact that the enemy can combo him was complete bullshit.

Thing is, he honestly thinks he's better then me at most games and it's starting to piss me off. Not to mention if he wants to face me in a game to prove this I KNOW that he'll pick a console FPS.

TL;DR
Your gaming ego.

vladgd

Re: Gaming Ego
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 03:14:46 AM »
don't have one.  i do, however, have games that i am happy to have under my belt of games ive completed.

notable games

ninja gaiden (xbox)
metroid (nes, much MUCH rage went into completing tourain)
contra (nes)
rondo of blood (psp)
final fantasy 5 (ps1, anthology, at level 40)

but really if you want to brag, get good at shmups or something.

(and yeah, i know about that weeaboo shmup with a hard to remember name everybody links, i decided to link something differant)

fuck even like gradius is something to give you a hairy chest
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:17:31 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 03:32:43 AM »
I don't have much of an ego most of the time. Though being much worse than my friend in Brawl after I used to be better than him, and then evenly matched with him in Melee kinda bothers me. I used to be better than most people I knew at Melee, and when he started playing against me, he quickly became my match (partly due to me not having a working gamecube, but I never got that much worse just from not playing, so he did improve a lot). After that, neither of us played eachother much, and eventually Brawl came out. He has a Wii, and I don't, so now he's better than I am, and I struggle to get more than 1 kill against him in a 1 on 1 match :/

Still not much of an ego, but I really kinda wish I was more evenly matched, since we always had really insane matches when we were evenly matched.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 05:14:32 AM »
I learned to let go a long time ago. I just get annoyed when people do the same thing over and over in fighting games. It gets boring. I'm proud of my skills and what I've finished, but I never go out of my way to boast unless it's a weird situation. And I hate when people say I'm good.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:20:48 PM »
There was this one time me and my sister were playing SSBB team events using her projector, and she wanted to take a break, so I did some single player events.  I got mildly frustrated with one in hard mode and took a short break -- and then my sister's like, LEMME TRY IT.  Cue my Gamer Ego, which says "Hell no."  She suddenly gets bitchy and complains about me not letting me play the game (considering there's shit-tons else she could do in the game besides THAT PARTICULAR EVENT and I wouldn't have had a problem).  She gets pissed because of repeated denials and suggestions to play other events, and even directly insults Gamer Ego (you Do Not Do That, that's just low), and I turn off my Wii and disconnect it from her projector; she physically assaults me.  Minor self-defense ass beating ensues, and she never apologises for being a self-righteous and annoyingly persistant bitch in the first place.  That's pretty much why I the only multiplayer gaming I do anymore is UT, because the people I play UT with aren't fucking f*cks.

Egoworthy games I've beaten:
Metroid (nes)
Megaman 3 (nes) (well, TO ME ANYWAY :()
huh, I can't remember any others.  PROBABLY BECAUSE I FUCKING SUCK LULZ.  Also, almost beat Zelda II
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:27:00 PM by Kuroneko »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 02:18:48 AM »
I'm terribly notorious for not beating games. Even the ones that I get decently far into, I never beat. I was right near the last gauntlet run of bosses in FFIX, and my damn memory card died. I honestly didn't touch that game for close to 2 years after than.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
I have somewhat of an ego, the only games me and my bud got into online for the 360 was 90% CoD4, which I know I was better at, because I played it more. There was a point he stopped playing for some reason, and I kept getting my resets until about 5 or 6th one, and he started playing again, pissed that I was so high up.  I tend to laugh at people who get pissed at getting beat or feel like they're getting 'cheated' out of a win. It's just a game, it was meant for people to enjoy themselves and have fun, which is exactly how I treat them.  At least these nerds are passionate about something in life haha.

I don't believe I've beaten any ridiculous games, since I really only play through ones I enjoy thoroughly or want to get closure on a storyline [gears and halo]
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:59:56 AM »
Vlad, Bobbias, and Sneaky (maybe) can vouch for my IIDX ego lmao

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:21:11 AM »
See: Milk's sig. lol

HEY MILK CHAN I AAA'D THAT..* KEYBOARD SMASH*  did it already. 5 times in a row. backwards, blindfolded. 
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/