Author Topic: Tiny XP Halp  (Read 3707 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Tiny XP Halp
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
I recently got my hard drive that I bought this past saturday and I had a copy of tiny xp given to me by a friend.  Well I have it on but I have no sound drivers or drivers to get my ethernet connection going and I am not to sure if I can use a linux distro to get it nor I do not know what drivers I need for the prior sentence...halp?

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
Re: Tiny XP Halp
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
Why not use the computer you're using now, put the drivers on a jumpdrive or CD, and do it that way? I suppose you could use a live cd of linux and get the job done, but I'd imagine that you've formatted your drive in NTFS, and I'm not too sure on how many linux live cds other than Ubuntu come with ntfs-3g or something to support it.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny XP Halp
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »
Actually because of searching in my room and some quick reading from my motherboards manual I just needed the drivers from the CD that came with motherboard case.  Luckly for me my dad still had the disk and volla I am on my new computer.

Thanks for the tip though Zakamiro...I will keep in mind for future builds though  ;)