Author Topic: Product Reviews  (Read 4254 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Product Reviews
« on: June 14, 2009, 03:11:18 AM »
Today's Review: Nair Hair Remover Lotion

Type: General/Comparison (Gillette Mach 3)

Scoring:
Usage: 5/15 points
Results: 5/15 points
Worth: 5/15 points

Usage - 3/5
Quote from: bottle
Squeeze lotion into palm of hand
-Smooth on a thick, even layer to cover hair.  DO NOT RUB IN.  Wash your hands immediately after application.
-Leave the lotion on for 3 minutes.  Then check a small area for hair removal.
-Total hair removal depends on hair thickness.  If the hair does not come off after 3 minutes, leave the lotion on for a few minutes longer. DO NOT EXCEED 10 MINUTES of total application time.
-Gently wipe off the lotion and hair with a damp washcloth.  Do not rub.
-Once all hair has been removed, RINSE SKIN THOROUGHLY with lukewarn water in the shower.
-Pat dry
-Keep bottle tightly closed between uses.
Aside from the bottle's case of tourette's SHITCOCK syndrome, this seems pretty straightforward, right?  Well, I'll be damned if it's not the most tedious and boring thing, even more so than using a razor.  I basically had to sit on ass for 3 (or more, but DO NOT EXCEED 10) minutes doing jack shit and occasionally checking my legs for hair removal.  Maybe I have ADHD or something.  And, NOT RUBBING can be a pain sometimes, but I beared with these instructions.  I've seen worse.  Overall, usage takes about 5 minutes, not including that it requires a shower afterward, and razors can take for-FUCKING-ever on large areas of skin.

Results: 2/5
Maybe I suck at spreading this shit or I'm fat, but it seemed like a few small spots were unaffected by the lotion.  It also inflamed my legs and made them itch, and I noticed a spot on my skin bleeding after I wiped off the lotion -- this might just be me, since I have eczema.  While it didn't particularly make me feel comfortable that I COULDN'T FUCKING ANYTHING in my legs afterwards, slight numbness seems to happen with razors too, so whatever.  When you've got to get out the razor anyway and touch up spots, it seems like there isn't much of a point, but it did remove very much of my leg hair, and the hair did indeed seem to grow back a little slower than after using a razor, so I'll give this a couple of points.

Worth: 2/5
A bottle of this shit costed around $7 according to Yahoo! Answers (I'd be damned if I could find the recept), and after two uses, the bottle seems to only have about enough lotion left for one more use.  However, my Mach 3 costed about $8, it has performed admirably, and is still on its first head.  So, yeah.

Total: 7/15
Verdict:  This shit doesn't quite Fucking Suck, but it's not that great, either.  If your skin's not that easily inflamed, you can sit still for 3 minutes, or want to try something new, try it, but I really wouldn't recommend completely switching to it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Product Reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 03:19:48 AM »
D-link wireless: avoid it.

Yeah, that's all I can really say, it's cheap and it's cheap for a reason.

Also that Nair seems amazingly dangerous.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 03:27:52 AM »
Also that Nair seems amazingly dangerous.

Well, people with sensitive skin can fairly easily get chemical burns form it...

And I second the D-Link wireless. Their products are crap.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
I tried that stuff once.  D:

Test patch - everything was super.

Entire legs - they burned like fuck-all for over a week.  I could barely move.  x.x
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 10:31:47 PM »
Damn, what's the active ingredient in that stuff? D:

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »
I think it's "OMGWTFISINTHISHITOHGODOHGODMYLEEEGS Acid".

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 10:41:03 PM »
Probably something along those lines D:

I got a prescription for some super intense anti-acne stuff when I was in high school, it did basically the same thing. I tried using it, and my face swelled shut and was an itchy mess for the next 24 hours. >_>

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 11:57:15 PM »
Ugh,  yeah.