Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 507243 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #1110 on: January 11, 2010, 04:39:20 AM »
I need more then just one thing or they'll think I'm a weirdo.

Oh god I lol'd like a bitch. HI5

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1111 on: January 11, 2010, 06:33:15 AM »
Quickly, what are some good hobbies to have for a job application?

Flyfishing.

Barring that, playing pickup games of baseball is good and "wholesome."
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1112 on: January 11, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »
It also depends on what type of job it is. Since I go into a lot of technological type jobs, being able to tell them I program computers as a hobby is always nice.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1113 on: January 11, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »
open beta client downloads are ready for star trek online.  tried the standard sto downloader, it was ass slow, now waiting in line to try the fileplanet download.  

i would totally have got this off from steam, but i want my borg bridge officer...only available from an amazon preorder.  i mean, that's ok since i like amazon, but i would really have prefered to download the game from steam.  ohh well, i guess i get a physical copy of the game at least.

*edit*

21% download complete...it's 7am and i started about 9pm...

im going to be pissed if/when the file is interrupted and i have to start all over again.

*edit*

yep, last fucking time i use that trash known as fileplanet.  over 15 solid hours of downloading WASTED, guess im using the torrent now.  

hopefully the download will finish before the beta ends on the TWENTY FUCKING SIXTH.

i fucking wish they let you download the beta client over a day before it started, because at the rate i am getting it now my ETA is 5 days.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:47:16 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1114 on: January 14, 2010, 12:44:12 AM »
Just threw my Power Mac G4 next to me.  I'm now going to be surrounded by three monitors at all times.

Oh, speaking of Mac OS...I found that my Mac is actually amazingly usable when I turn Spotlight the hell off.  As it turns out, indexing services don't mystically go faster just because you have a Mac like some people seem to think.  Now the thing runs so smoothly it's a pleasure to use.  It's going to be perfect for when I have to look things up in the midst of a WoW binge.

I'm also starting to get disillusioned with Firefox.  Seriously, the only friggin' reason I use it is because of AdBlock Plus and some of the addons.  I don't even use it on my Mac at all because the performance is so terrible it's practically unusable (Safari is so much faster it's ridiculous) Pretty much every browser out there other than Internet Explorer is far superior to Firefox in every way imaginable, and even IE is making much faster progress than Firefox is in a lot of ways, not to mention that it's design is better in some ways (for instance, if one tab dies in IE8, the tab is quickly respawned if possible, and the other tabs stay running, ala Chrome; in Firefox, if one tab goes down you lose the whole browser).

Firefox is really becoming a dinosaur, and it really shows when I run it on anything that doesn't haul ass.  If an ad blocker as good as AdBlock Plus came out for a WebKit-based browser I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Edit: Just did the following Mac hacks:

...and now my G4 runs as good with Tiger as it did with 10.1 (err, I guess they unofficially called that "Puma?").

Kind of funny how I have to hack things out to get it to run well considering how good the "Mac experience" supposedly is, but I guess I can't complain much considering it's an eight year old computer.  Newer Macs run very well with the OS features all maxed out so it's definitely the age of the machine that's dragging down performance more than anything else.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:11:48 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 14, 2010, 04:23:31 AM »
Is there a way to turn off that annoying "DO YOU WANT TO RESTART YES/REMIND ME IN 5 MINUETS" message that keeps popping up?

Also on an unrelated note, my friends teacher uses Second Life to help teach. Shit seems bizzare considering SL and fetish fuel go hand in hand.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1116 on: January 14, 2010, 06:28:42 AM »
Is there a way to turn off that annoying "DO YOU WANT TO RESTART YES/REMIND ME IN 5 MINUETS" message that keeps popping up?

Windows? If so, disable the service "wuauserv". I have a batch file:
Code: [Select]
@echo off
sc stop wuauserv

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 14, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »
In Vista, Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Change settings on the left sidebar.

Also, I just had my first McDonald's breakfast in like a year or so. Got hashbrowns and a sausage mcmuffin since they're on the dollar menu. My stomach is already kind of queasy. But it did actually taste better than I remember.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 15, 2010, 02:28:52 AM »
Yeah, there breakfast shit ALWAYS hurt my stomach.

vladgd

« Reply #1119 on: January 15, 2010, 04:28:58 AM »
Quote from: Destructoid
Bobby Kotick is rumored to have now fitted his penis with a special valve that replaces his semen with warm liquid gold, and demands that his friends, family and employees refer to him only as The Man With The Million Dollar Orgasm.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 15, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »
Phone fail go!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1123 on: January 15, 2010, 06:46:46 PM »
From the same person. This article is amazing: http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

Warning, long response ahead.

Yes, it's a long read, but it sums things up amazingly. I never really realized what Nintendo was doing, but it makes so much sense, and I can see it happening. I've always felt that casual games was a crappy way of describing the games, though part of the idea fit (the fact that many of the people playing the games are non-gamers or ex-gamers). Now I see exactly what's happening, what what "casual" games really are. The only true casual games are the plastic dog games, the absurd attempts at targeting people that many of the developers see as being retarded, and their failure is entirely inevitable, if not destined the moment they began creating those abominations.

I will say though that this article scares me a little bit. Because we know that some time, the low tier games that we see now will overcome the current upper tier games, and eventually replace them. Well, maybe not entirely replace, but the fact of the matter remains that there will be a revolution in the gaming market, and it's only a matter of time. I'm a little scared that I may not even like the games coming out then, despite preferring older games to many of the newer ones (with obvious exceptions. I still find WM2 incredibly fun, considering I've never experienced any lag problems at my friend's place). While I do enjoy playing games like bowling in Wii Sports, I also enjoy games like MW2. I feel like I'm somewhere between the tiers. I like many SNES age RPGs, who lack both in story, and in graphics from the new breed of epic RPG, but are nowhere near the level of the basic RPG that has nothing other than the mechanics of an RPG.

But I'd like to stay optimistic. I personally hope that someone will catch on to what I want, and create something new that catches my attention. There are always people looking to do new things with games, and maybe one of those innovations will catch me. Maybe in the future, when that happens, they too will use disruption to bring about a new era of gaming.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 15, 2010, 11:58:15 PM »
It's scary because a LOT of them are now succeeding where a lot of actual good games are failing (see Little Kings Story versus Carnival Games).

Also I can't get ANY game I "acquire" to run at all. Battlefront 2, Hitman, and DMC4 all ask me for a disc after I install them. Even after I did EVERYTHING this readme file told me to do I still can't run them...