Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 498233 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
I just watched Wanted.  Best movie I've seen since Machine Girl =D

vladgd

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2009, 03:26:02 PM »
so i went into a ranked game of marvel and it froze...turned off the system, turned it back on, RROD.

waited like 10 minutes, it turns back on.  so i guess i have to keep using the damn thing till it's guaranteed to RROD before i send the fucker in to ms? 

mind you, this irritates me, not just because my console of only 4 years is nearing the end of it's life, but my console of only 4 years is at the end of it's life when i haven't played it terribly much (600 hours, tops) and when ive taken PRISTINE care of the damn thing.  i mean, i cover the thing up with a t shirt when it's not in use as to prevent dust from settling in.  i would go "maby ill get a new console that isn't a 360" but mass effect 2, and the lot of arcade games i got for the damn thing, not to mention the $200 in 360 arcade sticks i have purchased.  pretty fucking lame, and i know when they send me a new one, it isn't new, and it's going to die faster than the one i currently have.

on the bright side, killed lao-shan lung today.  took 4 fucking tries, and the boss lasts 35 minutes....so that's 160 minutes of almost nonstop fighting.  kind of mentally taxing to be honest, since the fucker is so goddamn big, and you have to literally be attacking it non stop or else you fucking fail.

rank 5 get!

*edit*

checked capcom unity...apparently monster hunter 3 is coming out in the states in early 2010, reckon ill be getting a wii 'round that time...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:36:58 PM by vladgd »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »
DEATH TO VIDEODROME. LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2009, 06:22:48 PM »
That movie was like "COHERENT PLOTS? WHAT'S THAT LOLOLOLOLOL".

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
I know, David Cronenberg is hilarious. You don't need plots, you have awesome 80's special effects! 8)

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »
so i went into a ranked game of marvel and it froze...turned off the system, turned it back on, RROD.

waited like 10 minutes, it turns back on.  so i guess i have to keep using the damn thing till it's guaranteed to RROD before i send the fucker in to ms? 

mind you, this irritates me, not just because my console of only 4 years is nearing the end of it's life, but my console of only 4 years is at the end of it's life when i haven't played it terribly much (600 hours, tops) and when ive taken PRISTINE care of the damn thing.  i mean, i cover the thing up with a t shirt when it's not in use as to prevent dust from settling in.  i would go "maby ill get a new console that isn't a 360" but mass effect 2, and the lot of arcade games i got for the damn thing, not to mention the $200 in 360 arcade sticks i have purchased.  pretty fucking lame, and i know when they send me a new one, it isn't new, and it's going to die faster than the one i currently have.

on the bright side, killed lao-shan lung today.  took 4 fucking tries, and the boss lasts 35 minutes....so that's 160 minutes of almost nonstop fighting.  kind of mentally taxing to be honest, since the fucker is so goddamn big, and you have to literally be attacking it non stop or else you fucking fail.

rank 5 get!

*edit*

checked capcom unity...apparently monster hunter 3 is coming out in the states in early 2010, reckon ill be getting a wii 'round that time...

The replacement system I got was a newer model than what I had before. Thankfully, the license transfer thing came out right after that so I just had to use that.

vladgd

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2009, 03:46:16 AM »
well it sucks that its technically working now, because playing online im paranoid the damn thing is going to randomly RROD on me interrupting my game. 

anywho, i tried out my hori again since i haven't played on it since i got the TE.  FRANKLY the fighting stick ex 2 is awesome....IF you don't have any other arcade stick experience (pretty much me, i never played fighting games at the arcade).  the move from ex2 to TE didn't feel big when i got it, but after being used to the TE...god fucking damn the thing is substantially better to play on than the ex2.  i guess that's for the better, since big expensive stick with arcade parts should be better than the cheap affordable stick.  but it's nice to have an extra stick around for when you have friends over. 

i kind of understand the naysayers on the hori stick now, but i don't exactly agree 100% because that stick did me fine for the months and months ive used it on sf2 and sf4, and if you are pretty casual on the fightan play (fuck, im really casual, i figure since i play a lot, the TE was a good investment which for me, it was).

but when the 360 does go perma RROD, i had hope they give me a nicer model that won't overheat.  not that it's hard, mine doesn't even have an hdmi port...and it was a "pro" model at the time. 

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »
Last night I dreamed that I was having a conversation with someone, but they were speaking English and I was speaking Japanese. I can't speak Japanese IRL, but in the dream I couldn't speak English (I could understand it). It was really weird.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »
Lol, well, there have been documented instances of people (usually under hypnosis, or involving multiple personality disorder) being fluent in another language, and such.

Still weird as hell though.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »

That's what my first 360 did when it was in the process of dying.  When my original Xbox started doing the whole RRoD thing it would occasionally freeze after playing it for 30-60 minutes, sometimes with severe graphical corruption.  After a few hours of it acting really flaky I shut it off, let it cool down, and was able to play it for the rest of the night with no problem.

But, rest assured, it'll be perma-RRoD'd soon.  The day after mine started acting goofy it checked out completely.  Mine was also the original, non-HDMI "Pro" model, with the 20GB HDD.

Do note that when they replace the system board they don't appear to change the case at all.  Unless they changed the policy since I had mine swapped, you're not going to get an HDMI port on a non-HDMI system.  I suppose it's possible that the port is there, but if it is the shell is covering it.  And, frankly, I'm not willing to risk taking apart my replacement 360 to check it out.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:09 PM »
Remember, back in the day, when you could fix all of your system's problems by clipping the fourth pin on the lockout chip :'(

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2009, 02:22:26 AM »
...no?

Also I feel pathetic, it took me damn near 40 tries to beat Seth in SF4 with Chun Li (I was really starting to hate her, but after a while I realized she's a lot of fun. Will probably try and pick her up despite me still not being able to pull off her ultra and super) and afterward I go into it with Akuma on normal and beat Seth first try, what gives?

vladgd

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2009, 03:55:49 AM »
it's called akuma fighter 4 for a reason

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2009, 04:11:21 AM »
I still never run into Akuma and when I do, I tear them to shreds. They're almost always scrubby but whatever. I just run into Ryu/Ken/Sagat/Balrog. Forever. In fact, I've still never fought a single C. Viper or Gouken. Ever.

Also, my 360 replacement was a little weird because it clearly wasn't my original 360 that came back to me, but an entirely new one. The serial number and all that was completely different. Thankfully you don't send them your hard drive. I think it really just depends on what caused your red ring in the first place. If they can't easily fix it, they just toss you a new one. I'm actually really scared of that happening now because I'm totally out of warranty and so now I can't get it replaced regardless. If my 360 dies, I have to buy a new one.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2009, 06:35:07 AM »
Remember, back in the day, when you could fix all of your system's problems by clipping the fourth pin on the lockout chip :'(

yes :(

I did this to my stepdads NES that had been sittin in the closet for who knows how long.. 5 minutes of googling and 20 minutes of unscrewing screws, clip-snip, yay it works!

fantastic
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/