Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 499545 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »
I don't know if anybody else has heard of this

http://therewillbebrawl.com/index.php

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »
Fallout 3's about as far from actual Fallout as you can get. The first two games are actual RPGs.

Fallout 3 is an RPG....kinda....

Ah well, here's to hoping the RPG elements/class system/skill tree in Borderlands will make it a better RPGFPS.

K-Mann

« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »
I'm really curious to see how Borderlands turns out

vladgd

« Reply #258 on: September 06, 2009, 03:36:43 AM »
im kind of really getting agitated.  i want a game to play, i can afford a game, i will buy a game, but i want something that looks interesting.  this is a problem because people can suggest stuff "YO DAWG PLAY "INSERT GAME I DONT FIND INTERESTING HERE" and i have to say no. 

i even dug out nuts and bolts again...and THAT JUST MAKES ME WANT TO ABANDON VIDYA I MEAN IT'S JUST NOT FUN.

it's fucking weird.  id rather be in a "i don't have money to get this awesome vidya" rather than "PLEASE MAKE A VIDYA I HAVE MONEY TO GIVE YOU".

KOTOR is on steam for $10.00...meaning no sound glitches from the 360's emulation of the game...IM VERY FUCKING TEMPTED.  problem, i beat that game already. 

DGDGDHTFHFHFHFHFH

doesn't help that every game ever(except for diablo 3) was delayed until 2010/a peroid that isn't right now.

anybody here EVE savvy?  i want to play that game, but without a corp, you really can't play that game.  i figure it's an option of something to play.

*edit*

i reinstalled stepmania, got it all configured, and i have my old songs on it.

NOSTALGIA BOMBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

*Edit*

k i buckled down and got kotor on steam.  the sound glitches on the xbox 360 emulation of the xbox game drive me fucking crazy, i really don't know how i went through the entire game on my light side file on the 360.

going to maby start a LP that i may "gasp" actually give a damn about now.  oblivion was a bad start and i only started the lp thread to hopefully motivate me to play, but if anything, it made me want to play a game i didn't want to play, even less.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:36:02 PM by vladgd »

K-Mann

« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2009, 10:06:59 PM »
Nice dude you should re-add me to MSN and we can play again. I'll give you da good stuff

vladgd

« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2009, 10:30:34 PM »
i added you like when i re joined here.  unless the email in your thing isn't the right one.

*edit*

you know, i won't bother making a screenshot lp.  first, they are boring to read (the ONLY good SS lp is the boatmurdered dwarf fortress lp) secondly i have to turn a bunch of shit off graphics wise just to get a simple screenshot that isn't a giant black square. 

video wise, i don't know shit, but ive been thinking about it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 11:02:34 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2009, 03:50:32 AM »
East Coast > West Coast, according to Westcoast warzone that is.

vladgd

« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2009, 03:57:05 AM »
the stream was annoyingly laggy so i stopped watching it a while ago.  but the east coast v west coast thing is kind of bullshit.  if anything it should be EVERYONE v JAPAN.

but whatever, if they have fun with it, then so be it. 

but at least they have hot asian girl in a bikini interviewing a blazblue voice actress.

and is it me or does she look a lot like hoshi from star trek enterprise? 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:00:02 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2009, 04:20:13 AM »
Why is she holding that mic when she's wet that's a horrible idea.

also speaking of Fallout, I can't get the game working. Everytime I walk I get this odd "Fog of war" type glitch that makes things black.

vladgd

« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2009, 04:42:41 AM »
i had the same problem with my "cough" NOT FROM STEAM "cough" copy of the game.  but it wasn't too bad and i ended up finishing the game, i had a friend of mine try it, and well, it was unplayable on his computer. 

i would ASSUME the steam version eliminates this problem, but hit up a few forums to make sure.   

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »
anybody here EVE savvy?  i want to play that game, but without a corp, you really can't play that game.  i figure it's an option of something to play.

I've played for about five months total.  It was only fun for the first few weeks.

Really, the biggest problem with EVE is that you progress so...damn...slowly...that you don't feel like you've even gotten anywhere after a few months.  The documentation is sparse, the learning curve is a cliff, and unless you wind up getting into a good corporation that invests heavily into newcomers and protects them in low/zero sec space you're not going to have the capital to do a damn thing except mine fucking asteroids all goddamn day and occasionally make a low level product that you can barely make any profit on.

Screw that.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »
but the key is playing in groups with friends.  i mean, if i could get into said corp, shit could get fun.  but without said corp, playing = impossible. 

anywho, im going to keep on going that spandex pants are the best thing ever.  WEAR THEM!

&feature=sub

WATCH IT AND SUBSCRIBE TO SAID CHANNEL

NEWZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:41:29 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2009, 11:55:04 PM »
Having the resources to work is only half of the battle, though.  Training can, literally, take days.  Sure, it continues to churn through the training even when you're offline, but when you start getting more and more things that require 7 days you'll find yourself waiting weeks before you can really do anything significant.

Plus, the user base is full of elitist pricks.  Sure, there are some that are willing to nurture new players, but all in all it reminds me of all the RTFM-bleating fucks in the Linux community.  Let's not even get into what kind of shit I got when I made the mistake of trying to talk about WoW with another player.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2009, 12:08:57 AM »
What's the other half of the battle?

in b4 knowing

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2009, 12:43:43 AM »
Training.

I've talked to EVE vets and found that some of the higher level skills can take upwards of a year of real-time to train.  Even some of the lower level skills take a week or more.  It's an unbelievable time and money sink.