Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 473822 times)

vladgd

Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2009, 12:51:55 AM »
but thats "good"

seriously, you will never reach the "maximum level" and can literally anybody can compete.  i mean, you can roll around in a cheap frigate and get your pvp on.  i mean, i like the system, i just never really experienced corp play. 

but what can i say, i never really tried it.  but ive read a hella lot about the game.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2009, 01:05:31 AM »
There are several harsh realities with the way that EVE handles PvP.

For one, anyone can be attacked at any time.  This definitely creates a feeling of danger, but given how people behave in online games it's more of an annoyance than anything else.  I've been attacked in high security space on multiple occasions.  CONCORD gets to the site, yes, but not always before the ganker puts serious hurt on your ship.

Second, there is no fucking around.  If you lose your ship, you lose your ship.  Considering how much effort it takes to really start making serious money, that can really set you back.

Third, if you don't remember to refresh your clones you can lose your training if you are to get podded.  Basically, when your ship is destroyed the pod that your player sits in gets ejected.  Needless to say, it's very fragile.  If a player decided to be a dick and blow you up, you can lose days of training if you don't keep shelling out money for improved clones.

It really pains me to toss EVE aside.  I really like the look and feel of the game, not to mention the mystery of being in deep space.  I just feel that there are several inherent flaws with the gameplay and community.  Things just move far too slowly for my liking and, while the in-game tutorials have improved, you really are left kind of lost in space (hah, you've just been PUNished) and overwhelmed.

But hey, give it a shot; they do have a trial available for it.  I'm interested to know what you think of it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2009, 01:30:26 AM »
ive played two trials AND a payed month, ive "tried" it. 

problem, ALL of that time was solo. 

hence why i haven't stuck with the game.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »
That happened to me with WoW the first time I tried it. I didn't play with anyone else, didn't do any instances because no one told me about them, so i thought it was monotonous and boring, so quit. lol.  I've been wanting to play city of heroes again but I'm only gonna pay for one game a month, if i am playing one that's pay to play.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2009, 01:43:37 AM »

my pilot

WHY ARE I ALWAYS PLAY WOMANZ ON DEM MMOS!?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2009, 01:48:51 AM »
That happened to me with WoW the first time I tried it. I didn't play with anyone else, didn't do any instances because no one told me about them, so i thought it was monotonous and boring, so quit. lol.

See, that's what's weird about me.  I essentially soloed from 1-80 in WoW.  Of course, this was 2.4.3 so the game was very soloable by that time.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly kept me drawn to WoW (and still keeps me drawn to it to this day).  The lore is definitely a plus, not to mention that you progress pretty quickly.  There's always something to do, be it PvE, PvP, farming, instances, etc.  Even now, over a year after I started, I'm still finding new things to do.  I just ran my first battleground (as a lv.39 priest) this weekend...it was fun.

Oh, I also managed to get Armegeddon addicted to it.  Roll a toon on Stormrage and play with us. ;D

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2009, 01:55:11 AM »
Okay haha. horde? I'll roll a guy named Radunas as it is the name i use in wow.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2009, 12:12:24 PM »
Sweet. :D  And yes, I'm all about Horde on Stormrage.

Send some mail to Shanoe after you roll the character and I'll give you some starting gold.  Same goes for anyone else. :>

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2009, 06:57:54 PM »
I would like to WoW but don't feel inclined to pay $15 a month

vladgd

« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2009, 08:23:35 PM »
i say the same thing about paying $60.00 for a game that will last me about 10 hours (ie most games coming out on consoles these days)

$15.00/month for a game i generally put lots of time into is a fucking steal for the amount of entertainment you get, even if you casually play.

i can understand one not understanding the "monthly fee" thing, but generally you get a better value when it comes to how much hours of game you get per dollar you pay. 

now obviously this depends on many factors (like the game you are playing, and how into the game you are) but typically it's worth it if you enjoy what you are playing i figure.

ALSO WAREHOUSE 13 IS REALLY GOOD WATCH IT ON SYFY
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:00:40 PM by vladgd »

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2009, 09:05:05 PM »
lol syfy

Also, I hear they're going to start airing a dubbed version of Monster in October :o

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2009, 07:02:01 PM »
i say the same thing about paying $60.00 for a game that will last me about 10 hours (ie most games coming out on consoles these days)

$15.00/month for a game i generally put lots of time into is a fucking steal for the amount of entertainment you get, even if you casually play.

i can understand one not understanding the "monthly fee" thing, but generally you get a better value when it comes to how much hours of game you get per dollar you pay. 

now obviously this depends on many factors (like the game you are playing, and how into the game you are) but typically it's worth it if you enjoy what you are playing i figure.

This. I pay $13.00 a month for FFXI, which equates to buying a newly-released game 3 times a year. In 4 months, I log more hours onto FFXI then I have for nearly any other game, and it's been that way for over 2 years. For many people, the continuing fee is an incentive to play it even more then they might otherwise be inclined to, as well; just to feel like they're continually getting their money's worth out of it.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2009, 10:00:09 PM »
Hmm maybe I will install wow...that way I can play with yins :D

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »
Pssh, WoW. Way to miss the not-so-subtle hints in my post.

vladgd

« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2009, 01:37:43 AM »
who wants to play dat fenal fuhntahsy ehlevn anyway

im STILL thinking about eve, but i need bros who know what they are doing to play with first.

GOTTA GET GROUP MINAN BITCHES.  I GOT A FUCKIN OSPREY WITH TECH 2 MINERS SO ITS A GOOD START. lessn i start a new character, i mean, i might.  since the first two million skillpoints are like double speed, i may start a minmatar character (for the face) and then go piloting amaar ships.  i don't really like the high skill demand that minmatar ships have, and for a new player, i need something a bit more blunt.  like amaar "they shoot lasers, and can armor tank" HOLY SHIT THATS SIMPLE COMPARED TO "well it depends on the ship, they can either shield or armor tank, they generally use autoguns, but not always, and they are generally the fastest ships out there and require the most skills to use efficiently."

im in the "im going to talk about eve without actually playing it, though, im still very interested in playing yet intimidated to start cold because i don't feel like talking up random people to join a random corp" phase.

also im starting this thing with a friend of mine where i bring my xbox HDD and he plays banjo kazooie on the thing, till he beats the game with all the jiggies/music notes.  first session we got the first 3 levels completed (completed as in every item in the level obtained).  figure after he finishes that, ill continue my file on banjo-tooie till i beat it, then switch to him beating it.  IF we make it that far we can try and motivate eachother to beat nuts and bolts, because unlike the first two games, nuts and bolts is like...well ive delved into that already, but id like to beat it.