Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 473445 times)

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2009, 04:11:30 PM »
My mom overdoes everything and it's amazing.

So the car keys have been missing, right, and she sent me an e-mail Sunday night saying "go ahead and order a new set of keys". I called her Monday afternoon, after most of my classes, to ask what dealership she got the car from and where the title was. She told me that she was on the way to the dealer's and was getting three keys made - one for her, two for me - and wanted to know when I'd be available to pick it up. When I did pick it up, we tested all three keys, I kept two, and got a container of cookies and a container of canteloupe.

I'm not entirely sure what to think about that, but I'm amazed, to say the least.

(By the way, the spare keys were lost by my dad in 2003 a few weeks after we actually got the car, so I was carrying around the only set for the previous year and a half. My track record is much, much better than his.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:14:00 PM by Vyhd »

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2009, 05:29:31 PM »
Woot...nice one Vyhd.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2009, 11:43:11 PM »
Seeing the amount of Halo ODST adds RIGHT NEXT to the Halo ODST review on giant bomb kind of makes me uneasy. Then again it didn't get a perfect rating, so who knows.

Kulli

« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2009, 02:09:52 AM »
Halo is such an overrated pos

I'm probably biased 'cuz I don't like shooters, but still

vladgd

« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2009, 02:24:37 AM »
Halo is such an overrated pos

I'm probably biased 'cuz I don't like shooters, but still

Madden is such an overrated pos

I'm probably biased 'cuz I don't like sports games, but still

Starcraft is such an overrated pos

I'm probably biased 'cuz I don't like RTS games, but still

WoW is such an overrated pos

I'm probably biased 'cuz I don't like MMO's, but still

sorry, but you made it easy
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:27:56 AM by vladgd »

Kulli

« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2009, 04:05:30 AM »
even when I did like shooters (or at least more than I do now) I didn't like halo

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »
Seeing the amount of Halo ODST adds RIGHT NEXT to the Halo ODST review on giant bomb kind of makes me uneasy. Then again it didn't get a perfect rating, so who knows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_odst#Reception there are a whole bunch of reviews there, and all of them give it a pretty good score.

I like halo. Sure, there are some annoying things in the autoaim, and lots of other little things that make it far from perfect, but I still say that it's a well made series of games. I find them fun to play with friends, either co-op or FFA battles.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2009, 12:31:10 PM »
I enjoyed the series, and really only played thru all 3 to get the story, whatever story there was to have. Online play has always been iffy with me, because it seems to me that they never really made the chief haul ass anywhere. The light 'jogging' he does just irks me, with no real 'sprint' button (think CoD 4).  Even if he is running/jogging ALL the time, the way it's animated just looks and feels like a fast-walk with no urgency.  You'd think the super bionic super marine would be able to run quicker.  Doesn't make the game horrible, just a design aspect I'd wish they'd alter.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #368 on: September 23, 2009, 03:27:18 PM »
Yeah, that was always in the back of my mind. And I've never actually played online at all, so I can't comment on the online stuff at all, but I find that playing through co-op with a couple friends and some beer generally makes for a fun night. Especially on legendary :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 23, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »
My only real beef with it is the multiplayer is kinda meh, not bad but not as good as other current or past FPSes.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #370 on: September 23, 2009, 07:38:27 PM »
Honestly, I think I prefer the older maps to the new ones, for multiplayer.  I feel like the multiplayer thrives either on large matches with a bunch of people (note that I've never actually gotten into a very large match), or small vicious matches in cramped close quarters, and there's way too much emphasis on large open maps in the newer games. I loved Boarding Action, and A Short Walk, among other early halo series maps.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 24, 2009, 12:00:58 AM »
I've never played any of the battlefield games (Battlefront yes, but that's mostly AIs so you can't compare it) so I wouldn't know all about that, but unless it's a tight teamwork game like CS or NeoTokyo it's not that great to have only a few people on each team.

Then again Halo only has a handful of weapons that are even decent in ranged combat.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »
My only real beef with it is the multiplayer is kinda meh, not bad but not as good as other current or past FPSes.

I enjoy some of the multiplayer maps.

The thing that I don't enjoy about Halo multiplayer is the auto-aim.  I've literally died because the game started auto-aiming me in mid-jump and I wound up falling into the nether.  Fucking bullshit.

It's fun to run through the Halo games every once in a while with a buddy on legendary.  The Halo games aren't what I'd call revolutionary (though they did a fine job in refining how console FPS games control) but they are solid games nonetheless.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »
So I don't own a psp, or a pspGo, but the way that Sony can't make UMD conversions is pretty ridiculous. I'm sure there could have been some way to engineer the pspGo to fit those tiny fucking discs. 

http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6230410/no-umd-conversion-for-psp-go
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »
I'm actually glad that they removed the UMD drive from the Go.  Really, the biggest thing that held the PSP back as a viable mobile platform is the drive.  Using UMDs on a PSP Phat will net you about 2-3 hours of battery life.  Using a memory stick on the same system will more than double that.  I like my PSP, but if I had to rely on UMDs I'd like it far less.

The inability to do UMD conversions does suck, but at the same time I can see why they'd limit that.  If they allowed people to convert UMDs using a PSP 1000-3000 they'd essentially be offering what CFWs are already capable of, and would open the door to mass-piracy.  After all, what's to prevent someone from renting a bucket-load of UMDs and getting them all converted?

They could technically start a UMD exchange program, where they have people mail in their UMD games and get the same title available to download on their PSN account, but then they'd have to employ an entire department of people to do nothing but sit there, sorting UMDs.

Another issue are games with idiotic copy protection, such as the later DJ MAX games and, no doubt, some others.  Direct conversion of those titles as-is would be nigh impossible.

When you think about it, there's just no good, reliable way to do it.  Either they open the door to "legitimate piracy" or they employ people to do something incredibly menial with no real monetary benefit.
"This is a machine for making cows."