Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 498625 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #405 on: September 29, 2009, 06:42:35 PM »
I feel like I should fill up the rest of this post with something interesting or at least worthy of writing, but I've got nothing. Ah well.

Maybe another time Vyhd when something of amusement comes forward...it happens to all us.

As for me the self-checkouts at worked "died" due to software issues...Home Depot's tech desk=fail.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2009, 01:00:48 AM »
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2009, 01:02:15 AM »
Looks like I got some catching up to do.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2009, 01:39:14 AM »
Dragonforce is pretty terrible live and Sonata Arctica is still absolutely amazing live. Everything Dragonforce does just feels forced and made up, completely manufactured. When you watch Sonata live, you can see how much they love being their and performing their music. They play with the crowd and act like regular people and not some untouchable superstar.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2009, 02:22:02 AM »
I've only ever heard/watched recordings of Sonata's concerts, but they were great. I'd love to see them live.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2009, 06:09:20 AM »
Dragonforce is pretty terrible live and Sonata Arctica is still absolutely amazing live. Everything Dragonforce does just feels forced and made up, completely manufactured. When you watch Sonata live, you can see how much they love being their and performing their music. They play with the crowd and act like regular people and not some untouchable superstar.

I saw them DF live and enjoyed it. I'm not really a big fan, but I have to admit that I find a lot of their stuff rather catchy (well, their older stuff). But yeah, I've heard so many people say they sound like shit, or they just suck live, and when I heard them, they were amazing.
GOOD LORD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Sullivan

Heard of him, lol. Man, 7 times. :/

It is believed that rejected love by a woman was a cause of his suicide. He was living at the time in the community of Dooms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dooms,_Virginia

Seriously? Dooms? I think I'd kill myself if I lived there too.

So much worse than naming a place something like Utopia, Ontario. (note, the article is actually a redirect to Essa Township, which encompasses a number of small towns, including Utopia.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 30, 2009, 09:24:31 AM »
They started off with Fury of the Storm and I could recognize that, but they couldn't play it at full speed. And their sound equalization was completely off so it all just smashed together and sounded god awful. You could barely hear the singer. I don't know why they changed it after Sonata played because they had it set perfectly.

The only people cheering during DF's songs were below 17.

I do love that it was an all-ages show, but no one cared about swearing at all. The super parents who were guarding their kids like bulldogs were hilarious.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #412 on: September 30, 2009, 10:51:50 AM »
They started off with Fury of the Storm and I could recognize that, but they couldn't play it at full speed. And their sound equalization was completely off so it all just smashed together and sounded god awful. You could barely hear the singer. I don't know why they changed it after Sonata played because they had it set perfectly.

Balls, when I heard them, it certainly sounded full speed, and their sound was amazing. I could hear everything perfectly. I dunno why they seem to be horrible sometimes, and good others :/

I do love that it was an all-ages show, but no one cared about swearing at all. The super parents who were guarding their kids like bulldogs were hilarious.

Haha, awesome. Generally, I hate all ages shows, because you end up surrounded by young kids fanatically cheering for (usually) the worst band to take the stage. :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 30, 2009, 11:29:46 AM »
Did they do revontulet

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 30, 2009, 12:13:19 PM »
No, Sonata did Full Moon, 8th Commandment, Don't Say A Word, Flag in the Ground (from their newest album that just came out), In Black & White, for some reason I can't remember which slow song they did and they did some song I've never heard from them before and then their Vodka closer into an ending that I've never seen them do before. It felt like they were only on for a few minutes but I guess that was probably 40-50 minutes, which was a lot longer than Taking Dawn, the first opener, who wasn't especially good. Since it was all All Ages they had to keep pushing forward to get done by 9, which is lame. We actually left at about 8:30 (show started at 6pm with the first band taking about 25-30 minutes, then 20 minutes of breakdown, then set up for Sonata, then 40 minutes then another 30 or so for Dragonforce to set up) since Dragonforce had gotten boring.

I was sad that Sonata didn't do Black Sheep or The Cage. I don't think Revontulet is done live very often, if ever. They try to keep it to songs with vocals.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:17:51 PM by Eggman »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #415 on: September 30, 2009, 03:31:10 PM »
Concerts are generally always too short... Except when someone decides to do one of those epic 2-3-4 hour sets, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 30, 2009, 05:14:33 PM »
Note : Bruce springsteen

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #417 on: September 30, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »
They try to keep it to songs with vocals.

I forgot to mention, I hate this conception that bands can't play songs without vocals. I know people generally prefer music with vocals, but it's hardly much of a sacrifice to play one song that doesn't have vocals. I mean, if your going to write a song without vocals, you should be prepared to at least sometimes play it live...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #418 on: September 30, 2009, 07:10:32 PM »
got my first letter in the mail for jury duty

goddamnit

well i guess it's whatever, but i just hate the "IF YOU FAIL TO ARRIVE YOU COULD BE FINED OR IMPRISONED" threat they put in bold.  same with the "you are 18 you have to sign up for the military, if you don't FINE OR IMPRISONMENT" bullshit. 

ohh well, beats australia where you get fined if you don't vote.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #419 on: September 30, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »
Haha, they actually do that there? wow.

Also: maybe that is a decent solution to the problem of you americans and your mindnumbingly awful voter turnouts.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x