Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 472983 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #495 on: October 12, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »
About 2-3 inches I'd guess total? It's still falling. It's the really really wet and clumpy kind so it's sticking to car pretty thickly. It's melting off the cement pretty quickly though.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #496 on: October 12, 2009, 05:19:23 PM »
I'd hardly say that requires a scraper, the wipers should be able to clear off your windshield, and you can wipe the stuff off the rearwith your hand or something, lol.

Then again, I should realize, your american, and in general, americans seem to be much worse at dealing with snow than canadians, lol.

Seriously, I've heard so many stories about places closing down after a couple inches have fallen. Here, we don't close crap down unless you physically can't drive your car through the snow.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 12, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »
You're speaking to a Minnesotan. I'm more accustomed to snow than probably 80% of Canada. I'm actually pretty insulted by your comment.

My wiper blades are pretty crappy and while yes they would push the snow off, they'd also smear it all over the place. And I have yet to replace my wiper fluid so I couldn't just spray some of that. It just wasn't worth the effort.

vladgd

« Reply #498 on: October 12, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
It's more like I'm bored and you're the only one talking so really no matter what I do, I have to respond to you or else it's all just random bullshit. You basically create every topic of conversation around here, which usually ends up being pretty funny because it results in the same thing every time.

glad to see we are on the same page.

i am kind of samey about it, i should get a bit more creative, though im more of a "BLABLABLA, BLA!" kind of guy.  more random typing, less making sense, it's my style.  i mean, i just like to bitch about things that irritate me at the time.  it's why i over react all of the time, because generally "FUCK RAGE...i gotta relieve said rage by typing it out for people to read on the internet" and then i feel good.

but anyway, it's been kind of a blah week, no real desire to play anything and my cold is coming back, hence im a bit irritable. 

it's always healthy to take breaks from stuff every now and then.  seriously, i have my fighting stick in the closet (which i spent 3 hours cleaning) and i haven't played any of that stuff for like 5 days now. 

also speaking of ice scrapers, it's finally starting to get a bit cooler here.  had to scrape the frost off from my van for the first time since like early march just so i could go out and grab some 5am mc donnalds.  soon enough my windows will freeze shut, and i will just lose the desire to go before the lobby opens.  this is good and bad.  bad because no mc donnalds, good because ill live to see another year.

Then again, I should realize, your american, and in general, americans seem to be much worse at dealing with snow than canadians, lol.

really depends on where you live my brother.  we have fucking cold places, we have fucking hot places.  far as i know about canada, is cold.  also is it me or is driving in the snow fun?  i enjoy it anyway. 

last topic of this post is sf4.  i need to find a main in that sonbitch.  it's frustrating pissing around with characters going "well, i kind of like x y and z about him, but i just can't get over "x" aspect on him".  i mean it mainly goes to my dislike of my two ST mains, honda and gief, kind of leaving me in the dark.  maby i should go back to where i started and learn balrog.

typical vlad big post, ain't like i have anything better to be doing.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 12, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
I remember there was like one morning a few years back where ice actually formed on my friends windows and the wiper wouldn't instantly take it off so everyone was confused as to what to do.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2009, 11:57:19 PM »
There are ice scraper things that cost like $5 at wal-mart and you can just shove them under your seat when you don't need them, if that helps

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2009, 12:18:44 AM »
You're speaking to a Minnesotan. I'm more accustomed to snow than probably 80% of Canada. I'm actually pretty insulted by your comment.

Sorry, I didn't intend it to be insulting, but let me point something out here. Southern Ontario is further south than any other part of Canada.... But we happen to be in the snow belt, thanks to the great lakes, so we get a fuckton of snow. But pretty much anywhere in Canada except the maritimes and BC get snow. Significant amounts of it.

I know the whole "americans suck at winter" stuff is only a stereotype, and doesn't apply to everyone, but considering that a good portion of canada is north of the states, and generally gets more snow, there is at least some truth to the fact that canadian winter is generally worse than american winter. Of course, I'd take getting fucktons of snow over being in the prairies, where it might drop down to like, -40 on a slightly colder than average day (not including wind chill).

I'd forgotten how far north Minnesota actually is, but I should point out that Winnipeg is north of Minnesota, and everyone should remember that "Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole". Which is very true. Ask anyone who's ever been there, lol. Also, what part of Minnesota are you in? Because the southern part is pretty close to the same area as I am (I'm about 50 km north of barrie, which I'm amazed shows up at a decent zoom level in google maps)

But yeah, just remember that probably 80% of canada is farther north than you, and I'm talking form the position of someone who happens to be in the snow belt (thanks to the fucking jet stream, and the great lakes).

There are ice scraper things that cost like $5 at wal-mart and you can just shove them under your seat when you don't need them, if that helps

Yeah, there are plenty of options when it comes to those things, and they aren't hard to keep on hand at all times. We have our scraper somewhere in the car even during the middle of the summer... We just leave it kicking around in the car all year round.

I remember there was like one morning a few years back where ice actually formed on my friends windows and the wiper wouldn't instantly take it off so everyone was confused as to what to do.

lol

Hint: Cars have heaters. They also have an option to direct the heat towards the windshield. :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:24:44 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2009, 12:42:39 AM »
To be fair, when the people of a city aren't used to getting snow, "just an inch or two" can REALLY fuck their day up.  They probably wouldn't have the equipment to deal with it, so shit really WOULD shut down.  :/
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #503 on: October 13, 2009, 02:31:19 AM »
With "just an inch or two", you can still drive perfectly fine, unless your using something like racing flats on your car.

Sure, you need to be a bit more careful, because it will be more slipery, but with that much, there really isn't any equipment or anything necessary to deal with it.

I mean, I've driven through slush on the highway that is something like and inch or 2 deep, and done 100 km/h through it.

Sure, I can see a foot, or more closing things down (not that that is exactly much anyway) just due to people not knowing how to drive in snow (which just requires taking a bit of care, and driving a bit slower), but an inch or 2 shouldn't be an issue.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2009, 03:19:18 AM »
Hint: Cars have heaters. They also have an option to direct the heat towards the windshield. :P

Why would I want heat inside my car when it's always 1050 degrees outside.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #505 on: October 13, 2009, 03:41:38 AM »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #506 on: October 13, 2009, 07:22:42 AM »
speaking of pajan, i wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those formal robe thingys they wear.  err, kimono, yeah, those things are sweet. 

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 13, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »
To be fair, when the people of a city aren't used to getting snow, "just an inch or two" can REALLY fuck their day up.  They probably wouldn't have the equipment to deal with it, so shit really WOULD shut down.  :/
Well to be fair majority of Americans don't know how to drive in the snow...even the ones who get snow every "winter"

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #508 on: October 13, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »
Yeah, I did mention that though is IS common sense (drive more carefully), many people wouldn't "know" how to drive in the snow. But in my opinion, that shouldn't be an excuse. If you get snow, you should learn how to drive in it, because if you don't, and for some reason end up needing to drive in it, then your fucked.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 13, 2009, 05:53:51 PM »
Yeah, I did mention that though is IS common sense (drive more carefully), many people wouldn't "know" how to drive in the snow. But in my opinion, that shouldn't be an excuse. If you get snow, you should learn how to drive in it, because if you don't, and for some reason end up needing to drive in it, then your fucked.

My mom taught me the best way to learn how to get out of  a "fish tail"  is to do "dougnuts" in an empty parking lot.  Granted make sure there is no cops around but it really does help. 

The only reason my mom is one of the better drivers in the snow around this area is because she is from Colorado and when she was growing up she had at least a foot of snow to drive in...granted that is an ideal snow fall there.